World's Craziest Xylophone Used In New Smartphone Ad

PH3NOmenon

Oct 23, 2009
You know, if I had anything to do with that advertisement, I'd strongly suggest we didn't show "Touch Wood." at the end there.

But aside from that, this is damned nice.

Jim Grim

Jun 6, 2009
Oh boy, this advert makes me want to buy a smartphone for some reason! It's very effective!

Will Holmes

Mar 11, 2011
...damn you guys are immature. 'Touch wood' is a phrase that means 'good luck', and I expect that's the case in Japanese culture.

I think a polished wooden backing for a smartphone is a great design idea.

smartengine

Mar 23, 2010
I wish my school would task me of creating a Rube Goldberg machine...

Oh I'll just do it anyways.

Cool commercial.

Hugums

Mar 14, 2011
It may only be Sunday but I'm declaring that one of the coolest things of the week.

Rayne870

Nov 28, 2010
I liked the ad up until the advertising. I learn nothing about the phone other than it is vaguely bean shaped and has a wood colored plastic case. The xylophone bit was pretty cool though.

Will Holmes said:
...damn you guys are immature. 'Touch wood' is a phrase that means 'good luck', and I expect that's the case in Japanese culture.

The problem is that most people know it as knock on wood.

lolmynamewastaken

Jun 9, 2009
Read that as worlds craziest xenophobe then...
but thats much cooler. kinda reminds me of the old honda adverts where everything "just works"

Will Holmes

Mar 11, 2011
Rayne870 said:
Will Holmes said:

The problem is that most people know it in America as knock on wood.
Fixed. I'm English, and we know it as 'Touch wood'. We're not so insecure as to need to remove every single innuendo out of our expressions, it takes out a lot of the fun.

Rayne870

Nov 28, 2010
Will Holmes said:
Rayne870 said:
Will Holmes said:

The problem is that most people know it in America as knock on wood.
Fixed. I'm English, and we know it as 'Touch wood'. We're not so insecure as to need to remove every single innuendo out of our expressions, it takes out a lot of the fun.
Just for giggles. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knocking_on_wood

And knocking on wood can be just as fun/dirty.