Worst achievements / trophies

pulse2

May 10, 2008
What are the worst achievements / trophies you've come across? I know GTA4 has some hideous ones, but what other eye poppingly stupid and almost impossible ones have you seen?

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
To complete AC:B on 100% sync.(I can do it but I'm too lazy to replay parts of the game and to re-do them)

HazelrahFiver

Oct 12, 2009
yuval152 said:
To complete AC:B on 100% sync.(I can do it but I'm too lazy to replay parts of the game and to re-do them)
I don't think that was a trophy/achievement... unless I'm crazy. I swear I did all the offline trophies for that game and don't recall that one. It was an in-game optional objective however.

The worst trophy I know of was collecting all the swords in 3D Dot Game Heroes. Why is this trophy particularly bad? Well, it also meant that you had to succesfully complete the ridiculous races under the par times. THIS WAS INSANE. I gave up after many hours without any race bested.

mrvenom

Jan 3, 2010
Ninja Gaiden 2, complete the game with 1 weapon and 1 weapon only. 5 or 6 different achievs, only 5 G each. Not worth it.

Yuno Gasai

Queen of Yandere
Nov 6, 2010
Anything that forces me to play online (whether competitively or in co-op).

Admittedly, that 'rule' only applies if the game has lost a lot of its popularity, because it makes the whole process a lot less fun and a lot more mindnumbing.

jakko12345

Dec 23, 2010
assassin's creed 2 'birth of an assassin'. You basically have to watch the opening scene

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
Mile High Club. Making people repeat the same crap level dozens of times until they memorize the sequence is just stupid. It doesn't measure any skill aside from tolerance of repetition.

jipperman

May 12, 2010
Any achievement/trophy that is awarded playing the campaign. Is it so hard to think that I can play the single-player just to play it? Do I need some sort of meta-reward for doing what I was already going to do? Seriously.

aaronmcc

Oct 18, 2008
There is an achievement on Nier to get every item in the game. In order to achive this you have to grind one single area for a randomly generated item when you kill a pretty annoying enemy. It spawns about 1/50 times and you need 3 of them. Fuck that with bells on.

VredeJohn

Oct 19, 2009
Team fortress 2's sniper achievement "Consolation Price" which is awarded for getting backstabbed 50 times. Not hard to get, but once you?ve got it you?ll be reminded of your failure for ever and ever.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
Any achievement or trophy which follow the line of "go across the land and collect x amount of arbitrary items". Assassin's Creed pops to mind. Feathers and flags.

No thanks.

BoredRolePlayer

Nov 9, 2010
Here are my problem Achievements

1.Any dealing with online, reason: I beat time shift and got every offline achievement and because no one plays online I can't get any of the online ones.

2.Any where you have to open EVERY CHEST, reason: I was playing lost odyssey with a strat guide i borrowed and i followed it all the way through and learned it was missing chests in the book.

3.Any where you watch credits or push start, I'm looking at you Matt Hazard.

Section Crow

Infamous Scribbler for Life
Aug 26, 2009
just cause 2 achievement Perfectionist reach 75% completion in normal or mercenary mode

anyone who has played the game knows how hard it is, for those who don't you have to collect a hell lot of collectibles (over 1000 in total) , 49 faction missions (it doesn't sound bad but try doing them).

i could go on but i have lost interest and memory

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
sushix said:
Any achievement/trophy that is awarded playing the campaign. Is it so hard to think that I can play the single-player just to play it? Do I need some sort of meta-reward for doing what I was already going to do? Seriously.
I like these achievements personally, because they help me be sure I'm doing what I'm supposed to do. I've been playing through Half-Life 2 and its sequels for the first time recently, and I like knowing when that little achievement pops up, my current task is done. Plus Valve has a clever way of doing their achievements. You can glance at them before you play and just try to guess what they are about, like the Portal 2 Achievements. They released those before the game even came out, and rumors swirled about what they could possibly mean. Like "Lunacy: That just happened."

And then as you play the game, they pop up and you realize what they really mean. That, and they serve as a periodic reminder to check the achievements to see if there are any optional ones that can be approached at the time.

And even if you don't need all those little features, what are they doing to hurt you? Nothing. They don't interrupt the experience. It's not like every time you get one you're pulled off to some screen bright screen with loud celebratory music saying you got the achievement. It just silently slides up and then down in the corner. That's it.

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
Level-Headed: Finish the game using Hysteria only once
Note: Self-explanatory. Best to do this with fully-upgraded weapons and/or a low difficultly setting. Note that the game forces the player to activate Hysteria as part of a tutorial, and this counts as that one use.

e_e well, we don't actually use Hysteria but appearantly the tutorial counts so, hell.

Teh Jammah

Nov 13, 2010
The one from Infinite Undiscovery for beating the bonus boss at the end of the uber hard bonus dungeon on the hardest difficulty.

Worth exactly 1GS

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
Either GOW 1 campaign completion on Insanity or the Mile High Club achievement on COD 4. Both took about two weeks to do.