Worst comic ever

Nadia Castle

May 21, 2012
"Considering the fact that you think Punisher: The End was bad and Deadpool Max was good, in my opinion, means you're probably not exactly in the majority when it comes to viewing a comic as the worst comic ever."

That's probably true since I mostly hated Punisher: The End for its political message. Don't get me wrong comics (or anything else for that matter) can have any political message they like, but god do I hate it being shoved in my face. I think I'd have liked it more if it had a few sly little references instead of the Punisher of all characters having a three page monologue about how "THIS IS ALL THE BUSH ADMINISTRATIONS FAULT!!!". Pity really since it was otherwise a nice refreshing change from the Mad Max apocalypse.

"I will tell you that I bought and read Wanted by Mark Miller and was thoroughly disappointed. What a horrible comic."

Agreed. I don't mind comics with rape, gore and violence but that entire story was just gushing in its own juvenile power fantasy. Hated the fact that the moral was 'if you could fuck/murder/torture anyone you wanted to you would'. I thought Deadpool Max was good because it felt exactly like what Wanted should have been, ridiculous supervillain antics taken to their obvious conclusion. Plus Deadpool pledging Twenty million dollars to a campaign to have himself shot did tickle me.

Black Arrow Officer

Jun 20, 2011
The Ultimate Warrior comics. Just look.

Warning: The following photos may require brain bleach after viewing. Do not view if you are at work or have a faint heart.

On top of the disturbing and typical 90's Liefeldian proportions, the story of the comics itself has no continuity or canon whatsoever. The plot just goes forward with little consideration of past events or characters, like the Ultimate Warrior's writing is a train that just plows forward, spewing out random plot points and characters that are quickly dropped and forgotten. And yes, these comics were written entirely by the wrestler Ultimate Warrior. That explains everything.

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
Nadia Castle said:
I actually feel quite annoyed, this thing had been so reverse-hyped that I was looking forward to reading the king of awful but only got not very good.
There's a "Fake" german word for that. Scheissenbedauern. It's that feeling of disappointment you get when something isn't as bad as you thought it would be.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Xartyve2 said:
How about GamerChicks? What's that? You don't know GamerChicks!? Well then, pull up a chair and prepare to have your life ruined.

http://gamerchicks.comicgenesis.com/
the fuuuuuuuck?

webcomics don't count...bar for entry is too low

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
itsthesheppy said:
I'm not sure about having my LOW expectations shot down, but I will tell you that I bought and read Wanted by Mark Miller and was thoroughly disappointed. What a horrible comic.

The problem I had with it was that the 'protagonist' was a totally unlikable murderer/rapist that, to me, channeled way too much of what I feel tends towards Miller's actual desires; he seemed deeply Mary Stu-ish, and I felt uneasy reading what I felt was something like a personal fanfic that had somehow managed to get published. I couldn't shake the feeling that all the random murder and rape wasn't there to make a statement about something, but was rather Miller himself working through his own desires.

After all, the comic ends with the main character (who accomplishes all his goals and has everything going for him at the end, natch) personally insulting the reader of the comic for buying it, reading it, and then strongly alluding a desire to rape the reader. It was a horrible little story written by a horrible little man, a novel-length wankfest that had the audacity to insult me for being an unwitting participant.

Just garbage.
blaaaaarrgghhh even reading [i/]about[/i] that makes me feel....uggghh...angry

Sixcess

Feb 27, 2010
Holy Terror

If you weren't already convinced that Frank Miller has gone way off the deep end this should convince you. Along with his usual quota of violence and misogyny Miller adds really staggering levels of racism and islamophobia, and the end result reads like the ramblings of a paranoid survivalist unabomber wannabe in comic book form.

What's even more mind boggling is that Miller originally intended this to be a Batman story - obvious given how thinly disguised that is, with characters renamed and redrawn but clearly identifiable.

I'd like to think it's satire, but given that it's Miller, I doubt it.

Mr. GameBrain

Aug 10, 2009
A comic shop opened up in my town.

I decided to get some comics.

I thought I would try Marvel Zombies Destroy! #1

Man. That comic is just... lame?
I didn't get it.

(And I've read the other marvel zombie stuff. It was actually pretty good, but this? I DON'T EVEN KNOW MOST OF THE CHARACTERS IN IT!!!)

And one guy gets taken out immediately in the first fight. WTF?

Not even Howard the Duck can save this one...

(But it could just be a crap 1st issue (of 5), so it might get better. I doubt it though...)

Definately a waste of £3.50... ;/

(I haven't read many comics, but I have to say that was the worst so far.)
(Should have picked up a set of the original run instead. At least I know that is good! XD)

Relish in Chaos

Mar 7, 2012
mrm5561 said:
well foreskin man still exists or at least a copy of it does somewhere. so if your in the mood for something shitty and antisemitic look it up lol

i really wish this wasn't real
http://www.foreskinman.com/index.htm
What?the FUCK did I just read? No, seriously, is this a joke? It looks like a joke.

OutcastBOS

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2009
I HATE Ultimatum. If Ultimate Marvel didn't bother me enough with what it does to some of it's characters, Ultimatum took the cake with it's rampant killing off of many characters.

mrm5561

Apr 27, 2010
Relish in Chaos said:
mrm5561 said:
well foreskin man still exists or at least a copy of it does somewhere. so if your in the mood for something shitty and antisemitic look it up lol

i really wish this wasn't real
http://www.foreskinman.com/index.htm
What?the FUCK did I just read? No, seriously, is this a joke? It looks like a joke.
if only it was, how it got into print i will never know

Flizzick

Jun 29, 2011
Xartyve2 said:
How about GamerChicks? What's that? You don't know GamerChicks!? Well then, pull up a chair and prepare to have your life ruined.

http://gamerchicks.comicgenesis.com/
Dum dee dum, oh what's this? A webcomic that is apparently awful in the eyes of a random Escapist? Bring it on internet, I've seen much worse from you! Ha, this is- wait, no, no god kill it Kill It KILL IT!

Oct 30, 2010
I'm going to go with Amazons Attack. Much of War Games is close too.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
There's a couple of Vampirella comics out nowadays that are intended to be parodies and satires of the modern vampire craze. One of them has her going to a place called Spoons and leveling the town. An upcoming one has her facing off against Fluffy the Vampire Killer and her group of friends/ followers. If that is successful, she might learn how to Be(ing) Human, Drink some True Blood, and have a very special episode where this Vampire might start a Diary.

Considering the writer, that is about how clever the premises are going to get. I can't comment on what I have not read, but I hate the concept. It is meant to be satire, but satire does not beat you over the head with the message. Satire also requires a message.