Worst ending you have ever seen

aarontg

Aug 10, 2009
I want to know what the worst ending for a video game (or movie Im ok with that) you have ever had to witness. It could have bin a kick to the nuts, a closureless cliffhanger, however it felt I wanna know. Personally it was the ending to call of juarez bound in blood. I understand it was a prequel but come on! I understand that it sends a strong logical message but his own brother left him and his preacher brother for a woman who faked fealings for the brother that was left behind and he just up and forgives him, becomes a preacher, join them in their marrage, and lives with them for the rest of their lives? ya it makes sense I guess but it happens over the course of a thirdy second slide show.

j0frenzy

Dec 26, 2008
To my recollection, most of the endings for Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow were kind of terrible.

Spoiler for 5+ year old game:

Pretty much, most of the endings had you either die or turn evil. Best case scenario, you are Dracula reincarnate and defeat his castle. But even that doesn't last long because sequels are awesome.

mageyolook

Sep 5, 2009
well, it may not have been the WORST ending i ever seen, but it was the most dissapointing, and that is the ending to MW2, it happened too soon, and ended the game WAY TOO soon. it was badass tho,

Cryfear101

Aug 16, 2009
Metal gear solid 4: guns of the patriots.

I mean come on, roughly an hour of cutscenes and doesnt give solid snake the send off he deserves, its all just talking about the bloody patriots and some nanomachine crap which the only way to understand it is by learning javascript and linux programming! ( Even then its a struggle!)

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
mageyolook said:
well, it may not have been the WORST ending i ever seen, but it was the most dissapointing, and that is the ending to MW2, it happened too soon, and ended the game WAY TOO soon. it was badass tho,
I second that, also it made no god damn sense, for spoilers sake we shall call the bad guy Chuckles, but after Chuckles crashed his Helicopter he somehow has the strength to kick the crap out of 2 special forces guys? no no no no no

kawaiiamethist

Nov 21, 2009
Shadow Hearts From the New World. Both endings were short and uninspiring, for what was an uninspiring game anyway. I'd let this game slide, because it did have some good points, but as a member of the Shadow Hearts family it was an embarrassment.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Prince of Persia 2009

Yea, I know a lot of people say it, but as a first time PoP player, it pissed me off immensly

cheatking

Jul 21, 2008
Cryfear101 said:
Metal gear solid 4: guns of the patriots.

I mean come on, roughly an hour of cutscenes and doesnt give solid snake the send off he deserves, its all just talking about the bloody patriots and some nanomachine crap which the only way to understand it is by learning javascript and linux programming! ( Even then its a struggle!)
While i agree that this ending was waaaaaay too long there was still effort put into it unlike Metal gear 2. Maybe it's because I'm english but I really didn't give a shit about the president's birthday

OT:
Halo 2

Lots and fighting, then epic escape, then Trumpets start blaring, cue Master chief one-liner theeeeeeeen to be continued. 0/10 on effort bungie.

Or Mario 64, collect god knows how many stars, beat a turtle/dinosaur/dragon to earn some cake. Atleast in portal the cake was chocolate!

EDIT: 2 mins too slow in on halo 2 :(

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
SilentStranger said:
The ending to Dark Alliance 2. They made a cliffhanger for a sequel that will NEVER COME!!!
Thanks for pouring salt in that old wound. Took me forever to find the second.

The new Alone in the Dark hands down.

wynnsora

Nov 16, 2009
The Surrogates
Oblivion
Harry Potter but only because I had realized too late that I'd just wasted hours of my life reading that series.

Yeah, that's all I have off the top of my head.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
The worst ending for Myst 3.

I mean, he hammers YOUR skull in, ATRUS' skull in, CATHERINE'S skull in, and presumably, HE CLUBS A BABY TO DEATH.

Brad Douriff, you are one mean bastard.

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
I hate both the Far Cry 2 endings, they are so anti-climactic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yZUyH6tad0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94bOkknPx0A

mageyolook

Sep 5, 2009
yea no doubt, i was so fucking pissed at that, i wanted at least another 4 hours of game out of it, but i beat it in like. 6 hours and to have it end like THAT,was one of the most controller throwing moments EVER. but at least i still have xbox live and spec ops to do...

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
imahobbit4062 said:
We had this thread mere days ago.
Will people ever learn to use the fucking Search Bar?.
To be fair though, that search bar is pretty fucking worthless. I tried searching for a thread using it the other day, and even after narrowing the search down to forums, I still got shit not even remotely related.