Worst Fan Base Out There

Brian Hendershot

Mar 3, 2010
TheCrownlessKing said:
I would have to say the Portal fanbase, just because they are so damn annoying.

"Hur hur hur, the cake is a lie. TEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEH!" We get it already.
I always thought that people saying that were just REALLY late to the party.

Anyways, in terms of video games, I guess I'll have to say that Cod Fans annoy me the most. Or Gears. Or Halo. Or any online shooter that has been successfully permeated by annoying little kids who trash talk all the time.

As for in real life...I'm not sure if it counts as a fan base but people who are hardcore supporters of getting weed legalized are annoying as hell.

You know what has an awesome fan base? Left for dead! Seriously. I meet most of my online Xbox Live friends while playing Left for Dead. The rest were friends from real life and the occasional gears match.

EDIT: Oh yeah and apple Fanboys. Those people are just dumb as hell.

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
Team Fortress 2

It's one of the most dishonest, exclusionary fanbases out there. They are the pathetic nice guys of the Internet FPS community who are so hung up on being nice that, instead of confronting people, they passive-aggressively insult anyone who doesn't live up to their expectations. No, there's no, "Hey, you're being an idiot. Remedy that." It's, "I don't think we have enough of these classes." Or, "Do this, no this! Alright, I'm not healing you. You can die." A constant hissy-fit of underhanded remarks blaming everyone else on the team for how the match is going.

Their true colors were unveiled when Valve made the game free-to-play, and TF2 servers started adding scripts to kick anyone without a premium account, or they would just kick anyone not wearing the right hat. I remember when halos used to get you kicked. Other servers kick you for swearing, and some for just having an avatar they don't like.

Woeps

Oct 18, 2010
Those Human fanboys, thinking that aliens are only here to destroy you and that humans are THE divine species that will survive everything.

I mean.. common guys humanoids where a doomed experiment to begin with.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Ashadow700 said:
The DotA and HoN players. Seriously. I dare you to find a group of people who is more unfriendly to beginners. You won't find it.
LoL fans suck pretty hard too, i've played most of the DoTA games and the fanbass of all of them suck pretty hard, LoL has this issue that no matter what you say about balancing a champion you are wrong.

I have put forward a cuple of balance suggestions on the forums before and I just got tore apart (And even had one of my threads locked by a moderator or someone) because I was clearly wrong no matter what I said.

For instance I once said Valdimir's Transfusion ability shold have an increased cooldown and his damage buffed because that ability allowed him to stay in a lane way longer than was right, Riot kept nerfing his damage though instead of that ability and I thought that perhaps if that ability had an increased cooldown and his damage buffed (Because since the last time I played him he wasn't really all that powerful except that one ability) he would become a much more balanced champion in general instead of a one-trick pony but instead of giving me any sort of feedback all I got was "LOL U NEVR PLAY VLAD?", "VLAD DONT NEED NERF", "NOOB" and other such crap, I doubt they even read the thread.

SideSmash

May 24, 2011
I'll go ahead and say Sonic's fanbase.

"DON'T BUY THIS NEW SONIC GAME! THEY CHANGED HIS EYES OMG! THAT MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE!"

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Woeps said:
Those Human fanboys, thinking that aliens are only here to destroy you and that humans are THE divine species that will survive everything.

I mean.. common guys humanoids where a doomed experiment to begin with.
Ah yes, those idiots, it's funny because they don't think us Lizardmen really exist.

Pharsalus

Jun 16, 2011
Mac people, it's just an OS packaged in shiny overpriced hardware. Lots of other things that people have listed strike a chord with me, especially twilight ugh.

thedevilscousin

Nov 14, 2010
Justin Bieber fans. I'm not saying they're annoying, or hating on JB. But his fans are so fucking insane they make The Joker look like a kindegartener.
Twilight fans are also terrible, they simply won't listen to reason and blindly fall into love with books that features idiodic story and writing.
I also despise Cod fans and Applefags.

EPolleys

May 12, 2010
As a fan of 40k I can honestly say we have one of the worse ones out there, not THE worst, but it's close. Mostly because it seems like the absolute worst of us rise to the point where they get control over some of the canon. Matt Ward anyone? We also had that guy with the scat fetish writing... something... I can't remember what he wrote or who he was but it was pretty sick. I also saw some people doing forum RP on a youtube comments section, I can understand if people just want to show their love of warhammer by throwing a few quotes out there or just saying it and proclaiming your favorite race/faction, but sometimes it just gets rediculous.

Irony's Acolyte

Back from the Depths
Mar 9, 2010
RandallJohn said:
I can't really think of any fandom that's ALL bad. I mean, every group's gonna have rational folks and fanboys.
I'm with this guy. Sure each fanbase has it's less than appealing members, some more than others, but the fanbase is never fully composed of these others. So I don't condemn the innocents with the guilty. I'll judge them on an individual basis.

KAPTAINmORGANnWo4life said:
...Other fanbases I hate are the fans of American extremist news (both Stephen Colbert and Glen Beck) who let them do the thinking for them...
Just wanted to point out that Stephen Colbert is a satire of guys like Glen Beck. I doubt he actually believes stuff like that. I would think you would catch that seeing as the Stephen Colbert Report is on Comedy Central.

SideSmash

May 24, 2011
Aim said:
Though I am a part of this group, PC Gamers can be pretty unbearable at times

Also, those Nintendo dick-suckers who are so lost in the times of yore they don't realize they're buying the same game over and over

And while they don't technically count as a fanbase, atheists are more annoying than the most fundamentalist Christians/whatever

WHOAH THERE.

You're buying the same game with CoD, Halo, Gears, GTA, etc., so don't single Nintendo out on that, hater.

SuperRobot64

Mar 22, 2010
I love Valve's games, but their fanbase and the hardcore steam crowd in general, are the most ungrateful, elitist bastards on the planet.

Sonic fanbase gets major spoiled brat points as well "they changed the eyes and the spindash button boo hoo!"

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
Ickorus said:
The DotA and HoN players. Seriously. I dare you to find a group of people who is more unfriendly to beginners. You won't find it.
I'm a huge HoN player, and I can sadly relate to that. I try to help out beginners with tips and hints, but when the core of the game relies on teamwork, it's hard not to get angry when new players do mistakes that fucks your shit up. They can't help it of course, but still.

Aug 17, 2009
Irony said:
RandallJohn said:
I can't really think of any fandom that's ALL bad. I mean, every group's gonna have rational folks and fanboys.
I'm with this guy. Sure each fanbase has it's less than appealing members, some more than others, but the fanbase is never fully composed of these others. So I don't condemn the innocents with the guilty. I'll judge them on an individual basis.

KAPTAINmORGANnWo4life said:
...Other fanbases I hate are the fans of American extremist news (both Stephen Colbert and Glen Beck) who let them do the thinking for them...
Just wanted to point out that Stephen Colbert is a satire of guys like Glen Beck. I doubt he actually believes stuff like that. I would think you would catch that seeing as the Stephen Colbert Report is on Comedy Central.

Colbert's thinly-veiled satire is easily identifiable, and that makes his extreme Left Wing perspective stick in the mind of Leftists who let him do all of the thinking for them with his sarcastic tone.

I really hate it when people think I'm an idiot when, in fact, they're misreading what I said.

w00tage

Feb 8, 2010
Football, followed by soccer, followed by hockey. What the hell makes people turn into destructive animals over a sports team losing against another sports team? Wait, nevermind, I don't want to actually know.

Kyle 2175

Jan 7, 2010
To be honest I don't think any fan base is better or worse than any other. The majority of people in the majority of fan bases just enjoy whatever they're fans of and do things like discussing it with other people who like it or making fan works like art and stories.

The real problem is the vocal minority in fan bases that whine and invade forums/ threads that have no relation to that fan base just to tell people how great whatever they like is and how the other people are retarded or whatever for liking something different.

The only reason that I can see for some fan bases seeming better than others is when the vocal minority is less noticeable for whatever reason.

Duruznik

Aug 16, 2009
Pinkamena said:
I am amazed that bronies have not been mentioned yet. I was certain this would become a mlp hate thread! This pleases me.
Urgh, I hate those guys. They do nothing but love and tolerate others. What asshats.

OT: Avatar: TLA fanbase had a pretty nasty dark side. The height of the shipping wars was the epicenter of such a massive wangst bomb that it wasn't even funny to look at.

Guys, your ship didn't happen. It was obvious from the get go. Just... get over it. Before somebody gets hurt.

johnnnny guitar

Jul 16, 2010
Pharsalus said:
Mac people, it's just an OS packaged in shiny overpriced hardware.
OH GOD I was going to pick up the IPAD 2 when it first came out after 5 days of trying to get one of the overpriced things and I was waiting and these two guys where talking and then started saying stuff about how PC's are shit they then started tellng joes about viruses and stuff It was just so annoying