Worst Game/Console Title

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Drummodino said:
Assassin's Creed: Revelations. The game with zero overall story progression (The main character is literally in a coma the whole game), was called Revelations? What the hell.
It's the Revelation to Ezio that he has merely been a messenger
It's the Revelation to Desmond what happened to the first civilization and where he needs to go next

Console, Wii, I know they went with it ?cause it sounds like we, as in "we" can all play casual games, you know what else it sounds like Nintendo? Wee, as in "this stinks of stale piss!"

sethisjimmy

May 22, 2009
wombat_of_war said:
out of curiosity whats wrong with Jeanne D'Arc? it was joan of arcs atual name after all
That lower list is actually my favorite names for games. I like Jeanne D'Arc because you don't usually see game titles in any other language besides English or Japanese. They could have easily called the game Joan of Arc, but they chose a name more interesting in my opinion.

Vale said:
I 'unno about the subtitle thing.
I consider the STALKER games as sounding pretty cool.
(Shadow of Chernobyl, Clear Sky, Call of Pripyat)
It does raise the issue that actually saying STALKER is redundant, but without it, people unfamiliar with the series don't know what you're talking about, so I guess that's not good.
Sorry, I meant to write subtitles with an "RE" word, but I forgot the RE part. I don't have anything against subtitles in general, just the overused ones starting with the letters RE.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I always thought that War Face was a pretty damn stupid name, I mean really now, WAR FACE.

Also I don't mind "Crysis" on its own, but the fact that the game is called Crysis, there is an evil organisation in it called CryNET, its powered by the CryEngine and its developed by Crytek who also released FarCry? Yeah, I cant keep a strait face with that.

WhyWasThat

Jul 2, 2010
Laggyteabag said:
I always thought that War Face was a pretty damn stupid name, I mean really now, WAR FACE.

Also I don't mind "Crysis" on its own, but the fact that the game is called Crysis, there is an evil organisation in it called CryNET, its powered by the CryEngine and its developed by Crytek who also released FarCry? Yeah, I cant keep a strait face with that.
And no they're at it again with 'Ryse'

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Tuxedoman said:
A Valley without Wind

The game featured no Valleys, very little wind and was one of the mind-numbingly worst games I've played just to top it off.
Oh, the game has its titular "wind".
It's a death wind of sorts, that inhibits your movement and slowly saps your HP.
More broadly, it's the reason why civilization is having trouble rebuilding, because it's supposedly killing or driving whoever enters it insane. Had the concept been done properly, it would have made for a very cool game.

But no...instead it's just a shitty random-level platformer. It's nowhere near the worst game I've ever played (it's kinda impossible to top Action 52), but it's definitely one of the worst games I've played in the last three years.

IAmTheToaster

Bread Warming Expert
Nov 8, 2013
Laggyteabag said:

I quite like the name War Face. I have no idea what it is, but it puts in mind a Kinect game - a rail shooter which automatically does everything. However, your character's speed and strength is determined by the quality of the "war face" the player pulls.

A'tuin

May 6, 2013
duwenbasden said:
That "Aaaaa" aka "Good luck finding it on Steam/Google" game.
Yeah, the games "AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! ? A Reckless Disregard for Gravity" and " 1... 2... 3... KICK IT! (Drop That Beat Like an Ugly Baby)", 2 terrible games with terrible names that are the reasons why I created the trash bin folder on Steam.

The Swapper. I'm not saying it's the worst title ever, but hearing TotalBiscuit pronounce it as "the swawppaah" made me cringe. Especially when they could have gone with the awesome Theseus theme (name of the spaceship, refers to Ship of Theseus-paradox that fits the game's thoughts about individuality perfectly).

The most misleading title is "UnReal World". Makes you think of some outlandish sci-fi shooter, probably made with Unreal Engine right? It's actually very detailed, realistic and down-to-earth roguelike game about surviving in ancient Scandinavia, building saunas, trapping squirrels for furs and all that.

CannibalCorpses

Aug 21, 2011
Soviet Heavy said:
Infinite Undiscovery. I don't even know what the game is about, but the title is just so baffling that I couldn't not post it.
Nothing wrong with the game...bit harsh for bringing it up as worst ever...action based rpg with some funny cut scenes and a massive end-game section thats pretty damned hard.

Battenberg

Browncoat
Aug 16, 2012
I feel like a few people are missing the point of this thread and using it to vent about issues they have with certain games rather than their titles...

I'd have to go with Yahtzee and say that MoH: Warfighter sounds fairly silly (even if 'warfighter' is a genuine military term). Also points to 'Wet' [http://www.vgblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/15/wet_ps3_cover_M.jpg] (largely for the fact that the cover of the game is just an overly sexualised woman and that one word) and huge points to 'Wargasm' [http://www.cdaccess.com/jpg/shared/front/large/wargasm.jpg] as well for obvious reasons.

As far as consoles go the Wii has to be the worst console name I can think of purely because of all the urine jokes it invites although I didn't think much of the name 'Dreamcast' either.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
putowtin said:
Drummodino said:
Assassin's Creed: Revelations. The game with zero overall story progression (The main character is literally in a coma the whole game), was called Revelations? What the hell.
It's the Revelation to Ezio that he has merely been a messenger
It's the Revelation to Desmond what happened to the first civilization and where he needs to go next
But then again, if they'd paid attention earlier, both these points had already been addressed in Assassin's Creed II. Not really earth-shaking new insights.

Console, Wii, I know they went with it ?cause it sounds like we, as in "we" can all play casual games, you know what else it sounds like Nintendo? Wee, as in "this stinks of stale piss!"
I'll agree with that though. Nintendo is pretty awful at naming things. And then they made it worse with Wii U...

Hemlet

Jul 31, 2009
I dunno, Revengers of Vengeance on the Genesis might be the worst title that I've ever come across, even though I've never actually played it.

Exhuminator

Oct 14, 2013
Although I plan to buy it, I still think the name Bravely Default: Flying Fairy is a wretched mish mash of words.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
Mystic Quest Legend.
Freakin "Mystic Quest Legend".
It's like they just looked in a D&D manual, chose three words at random and stuck them together.

Blaster395

Dec 13, 2009

All the way back on the Atari 2600. This title is just absurd, but at least it's fitting for the 80s. Wikipedia says "The communist mutant armies are controlled by the Mother Creature, a strange alien who has gone mad due to irradiated vodka."

debtcollector

Jan 31, 2012
This isn't even that bad a title, but I hate the name of the first Dragon Age game. "Dragon Age: Origins"! What, is it a prequel? No? Well, no shit it's origins. Just call it Dragon Age instead of being misleading.

I feel bad throwing in too many JRPG names, but here's a few:
Resonance of Fate (you called it End of Eternity in Japan, which at least means something. So why did you make up this meaningless shit for us?)
Dissidia 012 [duodecim] Final Fantasy
Just about any Kingdom Hearts title
Ar Tonelico Qoga
The aforementioned Infinite Undiscovery
Growlanser
The Last Story (yes, we see what you did there, Sakaguchi. Good job.)

Also, anything with more than one subtitle. I'm looking at you, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow--Mirror of Fate.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
CannibalCorpses said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Infinite Undiscovery. I don't even know what the game is about, but the title is just so baffling that I couldn't not post it.
Nothing wrong with the game...bit harsh for bringing it up as worst ever...action based rpg with some funny cut scenes and a massive end-game section thats pretty damned hard.
I thought we were talking about the worst titles, as in names? Oh, must've misread the intent of the thread. I thought it was about weird sounding names.