Worst Game Ending?

Dr Killpatient

Jun 18, 2008
Kelethor said:
You want a bad Ending? Left 4 de- No thats not fair...

Okay, How about Half life 2?

Now just hear me out for a second. It ends with the saddest, cliffiest cliff hanger ever. and what proof do we have that were ever gonna see a conclusion? None!
Yep, 8 years and 2 episodes later and still no ending. It would be an awesome shocker if they killed off Freeman and we would get to play as Barney again.

I played Knights of the Old Republic 2 with the Restoration Mod hoping it would change something. Nope. Guy still flies away with the ship to no-where, doing God knows what.

I didn't mind Fallout 3 ending as much as I didn't like that The Pitt was not included with the original game. If Black Isle had done The Pitt ending a la Fallout 2 style then giving the baby to the slaves would have meant the end of Pitt and the failure to discover the cure. Now we will never find out what happened.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
NOBODY HAS SAID KLONOA??????

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile.

Not only does your Grandpa die halfway through the game, at the end when you beat the final boss and return home, Huepow informs you that you were given false memories while he knew about it all along. And when the Princess sings the Song of Rebirth, Klonoa gets sucked back into his dimension, all this time begging to Huepow to let him stay in Phantomile. But of course, he doesn't listen.

WHAT THE HELL, NAMCO.

Utrechet

Oct 14, 2010
Killzone 3. I was utterly upset about it's ending.

*SPOILER*
You drop a god-dang nuke on Stahl's ship, and you just say "I wonder how many were down there"
Credits.

WHAT.

lvl9000_woot

Oct 30, 2009
Mikaze said:
Borderlands, oh dear god Borderlands.

You spend the entire game searching for the vault, find it, fight a giant pan-dimensional octopus thing and then...nothing, it just ends.
This^.

I was kinda pissed.

Also, the end of Skyrim when the main character dies. /[small]trollololol[/small]

Ophi

Jun 28, 2009
Drakengard. Every one of the possible endings are completely fucked.

By God, Drakengard.

Those who have played it will know what I'm talking about.

*Cries*

Assclown_King

Jan 29, 2010
Ophi said:
Drakengard. Every one of the possible endings are completely fucked.

By God, Drakengard.

Those who have played it will know what I'm talking about.

*Cries*

I played Drakengard. Recently to. I know all the endings, even though I only got the A ending, and really... the A ending ties things up pretty decently well. Everything AFTER that throughout the entire game... holy shit. I loved it (I'm a sucker for mindless Hack N' Slashes), but... two syllable DAAAMN.

/edit Of course, I forget to put my worst game ending. DMC 2. Sure, it's pretty bad as a DMC (although purely from an Action Game point of view, I've played worse...), but the ending was just... and then you have to play the second disc AS the second character just to get... a minute of extra exposition. Seriously, WTF.

Giuglea

Dec 2, 2010
in the not so distant past...singularity..the game was entertaining but in the ending was so dull..i felt like i haven`t changed anything...plus there is no boss fight:))

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Wild Arms 1,it may not be the worst ending but it's always bugged me . Mostly because Cecila just runs off abandon her duties to to have adventures with Jack and Rudy.You already had a bad ass adventure, it's time to do your actual damn job and not pawn it off on your aid/minster .

EDIT:
Halyah said:
P3P's ending for both the Male and Female MC. I love the game a lot, but the ending was awful. It just felt like a massive dick move on the story writers part.
I thought it was a nice way to tie the game's theme of death is inevitable.Though without The Answer I'll admit its kind of vague and I figured he just feel asleep first time around too.Though going back I did see hints like use of the phrase Memento mori in the opening, Igor giving you a one year limit(admittedly pretty ambiguous) and the Great seal taking all your HP. The point I'm taking forever to get to is that I don't see it as a dick move.Heck it helped flesh out the characters more in the answer

cgmetallica1981

Mar 15, 2010
Mikaze said:
Borderlands, oh dear god Borderlands.

You spend the entire game searching for the vault, find it, fight a giant pan-dimensional octopus thing and then...nothing, it just ends.
Do I have to say it again? The Vault was just a legend. That is what the ending is trying to tell you. All you had to do was pay a small amount attention at the first 3 minutes of the game.

Synonymous

Aug 6, 2009
Sad that "CONGLATURATIONS!!" hasn't been mentioned yet. Or happy, as that means fewer folks have suffered through the game.

wammnebu

Sep 25, 2010
Amazon trail fight currents, creatures, conquistadors, and cholera only to get a lecture on environmentalism

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
Agreed with most people so far, especially Borderlands, man that was just the most thorough trolling I've received from a game in history, that you spend the *whole* game to open that fking vault and...yeah.

Half-life2! Big contender, as well as the following episodes 1 & 2.

But....my contribution for the day which hasn't been mentioned so far, Vampire: Bloodlines. I know, I know there are a few endings (5?) but there was one which sucked royally, sorry I can't remember the details all that well:

You can open the sarcophagus which is the center of much of the game's crazy plot, even though 3 or 4 characters are telling you *not* to do that, after which you are treated to a clip of a portion of building where you were standing getting blown up. Kinda you're own fault though, should've listened!

The other ending is where they put you in the damn thing, chain it up and send you to the bottom of the ocean. Being immortal and all, well, that's gonna suck for a while. These games have that affect on me, after coming as far as I did in that one, just to die/suffer miserably for the rest of eternity.

However this game redeems itself, as the other endings, and pretty much the WHOLE game is just beyond awesome in every way.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
Mafia 2 did leave a bitter taste in my mouth too, but since they only "imply" very strongly what happens in the end, I kind of just played it in my head that some lil miracle happened instead. That Henry part had me a bit in knots though, despite other worse things I have seen happen in games on other occasions.

Another is Devil May Cry, 3 I think it was, where you have to fight all the bosses all over again..I know this is something specific to Jap developers, but c'mon...I mean they WERE fun 'n all, but really...just felt kinda cheap level design.