Worst game PURCHASE you ever made.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
The Force Unleashed 2, easily. Figured there was no way they could screw a sequel up, I mean all they needed to do was make it a little longer right?...right?

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Fable 3, oh how you dissapointed me.

With your limited character interaction and terrible leveling up system, you will always have a place in my heart as the worst game I ever payed money for.

SoulSalmon

Sep 27, 2010
I guess it'd be Rock Band, never got to play it because I found out after buying it that Guitar Hero guitars didn't work.
The Rock Band guitar I bought later didn't work either >.>

And now I play Thirdstyle so I don't have to worry about plastic guitar compatibility 8D

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Kahunaburger said:
Medieval 2 Total War on Steam. The Steam version doesn't support mods, which are the best part of the game.
I... what? Why would they disable mods for the Steam version? I've never heard that before.

OT: Two Worlds. Woe is me.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
PC version of Black Ops. 60$ down the drain. Despite multiple patches, the game is still buggy and runs terribly. It's honestly a pretty good game, played the 360 version at my friends house and enjoyed it. The PC version is just a terrible port however.

HusaneFatal

Mar 19, 2008
Brink... I have a pretty damn good internet but whenever I tried to play with friends it was just a major lagfest pissing me off. Oh and the single player completely sucked since the bots are USELESS.

hensethe1

Feb 26, 2011
Brink.. Definitely Brink.

Or Terraria.. I did a impulsive purchase of Terraria one day becase I was bored, and I saw it was the most popular on steam. Little did I know that when I got in-game I couldn't help but think that it is somewhat similar of this game every man and his fucking dog are so hysterical about now a days, motherfucking _minecraft_

Krinku

Feb 5, 2011
Erm...Resonance of Fate(Hey I liked it just the characters were bland and stayed the same the whole story, oh story was ERGH. Battle system amazed me though).

Scrumpys

Feb 4, 2010
Anti-Robot Man said:
Fifa 64 for £40+... what was I thinking!?

That's nowhere near the worst purchase in the family though, my normally savvy father got brainwashed into buying a CDi. I don't think there's a worse possible game console purchase than that, even the brain melting Virtual Boy is at least worth something as a collector's item.
YOU HAVE A CDI THAT'S EPIC

Warlord211

May 8, 2011
HusaneFatal said:
Brink... I have a pretty damn good internet but whenever I tried to play with friends it was just a major lagfest pissing me off. Oh and the single player completely sucked since the bots are USELESS.
Captain Placeholder said:
alj said:
Final Fantasy 13

I hesitate to even call it a game to be fair.

Single worst thing Square Enix have ever done.
WRONG! You forget FFX-2. :p

Ok, worst purchase for me: Brink.

I FUCKING HATE THAT GAME! INFURIATING! BORING! NO ONE PLAYS! ACHIEVEMENTS ARE A *****!

RAAAAAWR!
Brink was fucking terrible. I was convinced it was going to be good, I even pre-ordered it. I played 20 minutes of single player and wanted to throw the fucking disc out of my window. Seriously, how fucking hard is it to make a decent single player.

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
Hunted: The Demon's Forge.

I had heard that it was a decent game with great co-op. I was lied to.

I feel like I should have been paid for playing the first couple of hours for it. It hurts my soul every time I see it in the list of my Steam games.

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
hensethe1 said:
Brink.. Definitely Brink.

Or Terraria.. I did a impulsive purchase of Terraria one day becase I was bored, and I saw it was the most popular on steam. Little did I know that when I got in-game I couldn't help but think that it is somewhat similar of this game every man and his fucking dog are so hysterical about now a days, motherfucking _minecraft_
But...but...both Terraria and Minecraft are wonderful, inventive, polished (well, more Terraria than Minecraft for that one), and fun!

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
JB1528 said:
Sacred 2 I bought of Steam....can't even get the damn game to work, it just crashes whenever it starts up because its incompatible with ATI cards or something. Pathetic.
Don't worry, you're not missing out on anything. I have it for the Xbox, it's a shit game.

OT: Too Human hands down.

Pyramid Head

Jun 19, 2011
Weirdly aside from one purchase during the N64 era i regret, i never found myself in a situation where i paid full price for a game i totally hated. Halo Reach would be the closest example to the worst purchase since you did mention the over 40 euros mark, but honestly i kind of liked Reach when held against the other shooters released that year. But in the end, i don't have that much disposable income and unless it's a game i badly want, don't grab it unless i can do so for $35 or less.

But my worst gaming purchase...
I'd have to say Flower, Rain, and Sun. I seriously didn't get past the first level before dropping it because i couldn't skip a fucking cinematic that was adding nothing to the story but dragging on and on.

monkey-skitz 91

Apr 16, 2010
Tesral said:
So what does the escapist regret spending their hard-earned cash on?
theres a game on XBLA called avatar drop which is really fun and has multiplayer, so me nad my mates over XBL bought it for giggles to see what it was like.......only to find that the "multiplayer" is two controllers one console and not xbox live multiplayer. it was 400 points too, so we were all a bit put out to say the least.