Worst game PURCHASE you ever made.

Ziadaine_v1legacy

Flamboyant Homosexual
Apr 11, 2009
Harry Potter 4 on PS2.

We went away for a weekend and I forgot to bring my games with me so I bought HP4 on a whim thinking it was as mildy enjoyable like the GBA versions.

How wrong I was...

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
The absolute worst game purchase that I have ever made would have to be Tokobot for the PSP. I just couldn't play it. To this day it sits on my shelf, forgotten, never played past the first few levels or so.

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
Either Bioshock 2 or Borderlands.

I got really bored really fast to Bioshock 2. It was simply too much of the same. Borderlands I never finished because I didn't know how much the campaign sucks if you're not playing co-op.

Centrophy

Dec 24, 2009
Dragon Age: Origins... was taken in by the hype and I've never finished it, I even bought all the dlc except for Awakening. I get to Dennerim and just sigh. It's sooooo poorly paced and none of the characters are likable/obtuse (to me). The combat is also way too slow. DA2 is way better though still had problems, IMO. I actually finished DA2.

The cake however has to be taken by some XBLA games... Deathspank - No strategy and annoying characters (as opposed to funny characters), followed by Scott Pilgrim due to the hit detection being terrible.

TelHybrid

May 16, 2009
Buying a 32X. Biggest waste of money ever. Not even Knuckles Chaotix made it worth while. Awful.

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
Perfect dark zero - jumps striaght out at me, got it for £6.00 and i still felt ripped off.

COD Black Ops - played it for 2 weeks before i got Halo Reach and i haven't touched black ops since.

Fable 3 - it was another bundle of broken promises along with taking several steps back in game development.

Colony Wars - back then i was 8 but i had no clue what was going on, even if i died i was doing a new mission. would like to find that game again just to see if i can figure it out now.

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of war Soulstorm - also known as Shitstorm, it was so badly balanced and serveral units were broken. for a time the sisters of battle faction had a glitched where if they canceled this one upgrade during building it would give them MORE resource then they needed to start it.

and this is coming from a guy who bought the Duke Nukem: Forever - Balls of steel edition, i've got more entertainment out of it then the above games combined.

lurkon

Jul 7, 2010
The Witcher for PC. Maybe my laptop isn't quite up to playing it, but the cutscenes make me shudder, the voice acting is terrible, and even if the game were to run smoother, I don't think it would make the rest of it worth it... I only paid $5 for that game, but it was certainly my worst purchase. I regret putting money down on that at all.

Elfangorax

Aug 24, 2010
As many have said: Fable 3. I actually found the game fairly enjoyable; the flaws were glaringly obvious, but I could overlook them. Then a game-breaking bug came along and ruined my save data. I might have managed to get back into a good game, but not Fable 3. It was the bloody Collector's Edition, too. X(

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
When I sold around half my Xbox 360 games(think it was 13 of them or something) and a lot of my old PS2 games and exchanged them for Army of Two, Fracture, Spider-man: Web of Shadows and Siren; Blood Curse.
Not only did the games suck major arse but they also didn't have any trophy support(I'm addicted) and I missed the old games I thought I'd never want to play again the moment I got back home.

Nexoram

Aug 6, 2010
AlternatePFG said:
PC version of Black Ops. 60$ down the drain. Despite multiple patches, the game is still buggy and runs terribly. It's honestly a pretty good game, played the 360 version at my friends house and enjoyed it. The PC version is just a terrible port however.
Agreed. Down the fucking drain. Only good thing about it was Zombies, but I hardly play that anymore either.

Tragiverse

Jul 6, 2010
Fallout 3 GOTY on Steam for $10 during the summer sale. I had already played through on Xbox but wanted to mess around on PC with mods and what not. Still haven't gotten past the title screen.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Earth 2160. The demo I'd played years before for 2140 had been fun, with customisable designs, research trees, deformable terrain and an underground area that could be mined out for sneaky tactics. 2160 was just shit in every way imaginable, and included an alien race that was so ridiculously unbalanced it made a complete mockery of the genre. Of course, you can't return PC games, even if they have no online activation component at all. Games like this make that practice practically criminal.

alj

Master of Unlocking
Nov 20, 2009
toapat said:
alj said:
Final Fantasy 13

I hesitate to even call it a game to be fair.

Single worst thing Square Enix have ever done.
square enix forgets that a game needs to be good before its 90% done.
To be fair they forget that a game has to have gameplay.

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
Sonic 06 for me. I paid full price on release for that buggy piece of crap.

Just... UGH WHY DID I GET IT SO EARLY??? WHY DIDN'T I PLAY THE DEMO??

Oh well, it was inevitable I guess. When you have high expectations you should also expect the possibility of getting burned.

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
Kahunaburger said:
Medieval 2 Total War on Steam. The Steam version doesn't support mods, which are the best part of the game.
I have the steam version, and I'm running RetroFit Mod and Camp2?

As for me, a special pre-order of Devil May Cry 4 (when everyone knows there are NO EVEN NUMBER Devil May Cry games) and £20 on Pokemon FireRed from a private seller, which turns out was a very obvious knockoff.

TheDarkestDerp

Dec 6, 2010
PS2- "TRAPT".

Being a lover of the original "Tecmo's Deception" I was eager to see what would be done with the spiritual successor on newer hardware. But, as they said in Curious George "Oo what happened..." Bad Bad Bad Bad Badditiy Bad awful bad. Lame story, bland uninteresting characters and none of the harsh edge of the original. Granted, this was not much of a surprise as these issues had all been becoming more prevalent since "Deception 2" but with the jump from PS1 to PS2, I dunno I guess I was just optimistic.

Awful game. Was happier when I paid for "Saw- The Game" if that's descriptive enough.

sasukeofleaf

Aug 4, 2011
Grandia 3 for ps2, Worse game ever, beat it in 4 hours, took it back and the owner of the store let me exchange it for something else, got Kingdom hearts 2, immensely better than Grandia 3

yoshiru

Mar 7, 2011
The Last Remnant.

It was on sale last year for 7$ on Steam. Every couple months I forget how much I hate that game and attempt playing it again. It's got all the worst aspects of JRPGs

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I bought Dragon Age 2 the day it came out (not midnight but that day) after playing through the demo. I wouldn't be so bitter about it but I paid full price for something I should have waited on e.e

Hell, about 2 weeks before I got that I picked up the Ultimate Edition of Dragon Age: Origins and ended up playing more of that than the sequel...which reminds me, I still need to play the Darkspawn Chronicals...