Worst game PURCHASE you ever made.

Cavouku

Mar 14, 2008
...Okay, how much hate would I get if I said Oblivion on the PS3, for $15 at a pawn shop? A lot? Alright, let's not go with that.

Instead I'll go with Legendary, which was a Christmas present, but it just goes to show I should not trust me family members over age 50 to be buying me video games. Thanks aunt Debbie, but I swear, I don't mind the clothes if it means you don't use your money on something painfully bad.

I know it wasn't a purchase, but it was still my fault for not laying down the law.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
Tesral said:
Obviously we all know that one abysmal game we ended up buying somehow, but this is for the worst purchase, not just the worst game. A bad game you spent £40 on would be worse than a terrible game for £5.

My biggest disappointment came from Time Crisis 3 on PS2, a long time ago. It was darned expensive with the gun, and all I got for it was a game that could be completed in MINUTES. I forget how much it cost, but it was enough to greatly annoy me for its total lack of lifespan and overall repetition. Stick to the arcades.

So what does the escapist regret spending their hard-earned cash on?
I agree Time Crisis 3 was a huge disappointment. I like it better in arcades. Also G.I. Joe for the PS3. Still trying to find the game disc and half my ps2 games so I can go trade that in for something else.

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
Adendum,

£29 for the Witcher 2 Collectors edition on release.
Sounds like a bargain? Yes, until you play the game. Sure it looks gorgeous but it plays like swill, and the story is a tiny incomplete footnote.

Kirb Zero

Jun 2, 2011
Timberwolf0924 said:
Kingdom under fire: circle of doom! (I think that's it)
Final Fantasy Tactics.. that was.. just.. wow.. to horrible to even want to relive
*has FFT as one of his favorite RPGs of all time*

Get to explainin'.

Sinathor

Mar 16, 2011
TES4: Oblivion. Pre-ordered it thinking it would fix what made Morrowind shit, but they made it even worse.

Loki, a hack and slash that looked good, but played... Well... Not so good. Did pay only 10 euros so it's not a big deal.

Not many others come to mind, I usually buy games that I know I'm going to like, or games that I have already played at a friend or so.

Deverfro

Aug 2, 2009
The Wanted movie tie in game, I bought it in the morning (new) and then took it back that after noon, having completed it -.- That or Destroy All Humans Big Willy Unleashed. It felt nothing like a previous DAH game and had some of the worst wii controls I'd seen.

pspman45

Sep 1, 2010
Fable 3
it was just BORING
the previous enstallment put a lot of life into the random NPC's and setting, but all they did in the third one was put a brown filter on it, and "streamline" the already simple interaction system
what the hell peter?
I felt to betrayed

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Fucking got Sonic '06 for like a dollar I think at a flea market. I knew it was gonna be bad,but not AS BAD AS IT FUCKING WAS!!! Any game where you can be creative to get to a stage then JUST notice a "Press X Here" symbol after 35 attempts and one success is total shit. (Silver + Glitchy Graphics + Fucking around with rocks to get to the first stage in the hub = Frustration)
Oh and those High Speed stages,whoever thought that was a good idea has a special circle in Hell reserved for them.

MADrevilution

Nov 2, 2010
Too Human...its the worst game ive played but thats not the reason its my worst purchase, the reason its my worst purchase is because i bought it for 40 euro, returned the next day to return it and as i cant return a game for hating it i had to trade it in...i got 5 euro...i hate gamestop.

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
Raika said:
The worst game I've ever bought was a DS J-RPG called The World Ends with You that I found in the bargain bin. I could have used that ten dollars to make a royal pig of myself at Wendy's or something, but nah, I apparently was too attached to the prospect of playing yet another Japanese game about whiny fashion-disaster teenagers. There really wasn't any redeeming value in this game to speak of.
Man that's a mad coincidence.
A few years back I bought a game ALSO called The World Ends With You which is, hands down, the best game on the DS system. Also one of my top tier games ever.
Though I am a supporter of differing opinions, I think we can just write this off as a massive coincidence.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
Hmm, Command And Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight was both Horrible And expensive AND jumped off the entire franchise's play-style like a man opening a parachute on the bullet-train!

So much money gone on that, BatMan AA, Tropico 3, that I needed. And while the second 2 weren't really bad, they were certainly very poor value + playtime for my money.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Brink, without a doubt. I bought into the whole 'Seamless single/co-op/multiplayer' crap, created my character and realised i had a Mutliplayer game with bots.

Thankfully i managed to get most of the money back with a quick trade-in. All the same that was my worst purchased game and the last time i 'believe the hype'

Heh, looks like i'm not the only one who feels that way :p

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Eternity's child.
Looked so pretty, cost only $5... But it was so simple, with such horrid controls and animations, that in hindsight I wouldn't have taken it for free.

Not to mention the propaganda story...

Turing

Dec 25, 2008
Spore: Galactic Edition.
I worked at Gamestop at the time and had pretty much dodged much of the Spore hype, but when the Galactic Editions arrived they just looked so shiny.
I still install it from time to time, but I am then reminded how uninteresting the game is before I even get to start it.

MegaliVoskos

Jul 4, 2011
For me, metroid other m. not only was the gameplay mediocre, but the story was terrible and they just decided to randomly throw in some new feelings out of the blue for samus.

Ranylyn

Nov 5, 2010
Final Fantasy VII on PSN for 9.99.

Worst RPG I've ever played, and the only game I've spent money on that I blatantly disliked.

Gluzzbung

Nov 28, 2009
Borderlands. See my various other posts about it to see why, or watch Yahtzees review which Id on't think does justice to how ungratifyingly terrible it is.

Lewieroo0

Feb 2, 2009
The first 2 expansions for WoW. Never even got to try out what they had to offer because i got so sick of the monthly payments -.- biggest waste of money ever.

kingthrall

May 31, 2011
it was just terrible. The Titans were so overpowered, the gods and all mythological creatures were all out of place and the spells just annoyed the crap out of me.

By the way Dragon age II probably topped Age of Mythology due its pathetic gameplay and linear/simple story that was not enjoyable with all repeated dungeons and area's.