Worst game PURCHASE you ever made.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Recently the most disappointing was Magicka.

A couple of friends raved about it, but I just found it both boring and very hard.

However it was fairly cheap so not the worst mistake I've made.

Borderlands was a worse one.

DarqueMage

Aug 4, 2011
Jakub324 said:
Matrix: Path of Neo. It was based on the films, so obviously they had to cram 50 more outrageous fights in.
You want to know the sad thing? Path of Neo was actually considered superior to Enter the Matrix...which I bought at full price. >.>

psicat

Feb 13, 2011
Worst games I ever purchased:
Call of Juarez: The Cartel
Enter the Matrix
Worst games my parents ever purchased for me:
Superman (N64)
Where's Waldo? (NES)

Oct 30, 2010
Oblivion. I can't really get past the leveling system.

(Not that I think it is a particularly bad game, but I don't make a habit of buying bad games either.)

Wherethefuckiswally

Aug 3, 2011
Where to start?
Kinect - Spent £120 on that bad boy, turns out you need a fucking football stadium worth of space to play virtual football. Taken back a week later.

Monster Hunter Tri - Looked good, right idea, poor execution.£40 for difficult controls and everything is exactly the same.

Worst one by far though is FF13 - Spent most of my very first pay packet on that, spent the whole time walking down the same corridors . When it said insert disc 2, I put the whole game away, gathering dust on a shelf somewhere now.

Robo-Penguin

Oct 8, 2009
psicat said:
Worst games I ever purchased:
Call of Juarez: The Cartel
Enter the Matrix
Worst games my parents ever purchased for me:
Superman (N64)
Where's Waldo? (NES)
Was CPS called on your parents for Superman 64? I think it kind of is grounds for that.
Digression aside, Dragon Warrior III when I was young for the GBC. I played it for about 3 days and gave up because I was completely lost. That and Prinny Can I really be the hero. I think I almost broke my psp from that game . . .

OriginalError

May 31, 2008
Tabula Rasa, apparently I bought it 2 weeks after they shut off the servers; rendering it nearly unplayable.

Timberwolf0924

Sep 16, 2009
Kirb Zero said:
Timberwolf0924 said:
Kirb Zero said:
Timberwolf0924 said:
Kingdom under fire: circle of doom! (I think that's it)
Final Fantasy Tactics.. that was.. just.. wow.. to horrible to even want to relive
*has FFT as one of his favorite RPGs of all time*

Get to explainin'.
You cannot look at me with a straight face and say that FFT:WotL is a great game, no one can. The guy at gamestop told me not to buy it that I'd be wasting my money, and I did. I wasted it..
I can easily. It's possesses incredible diversity and replay value, is somewhat fast by SRPG standards, unique battlefields and foes that accompany them, a damn fine OST, great atomsphere (helped no doubt by its musical score), and a plot that has relatively few holes and comes together nicely once you piece together events.

The only faults are its localization typos, that the game implies the Abrahamic God had a second son, that said son was evil (or something, I haven't played the game in a while), the computer AI, the lack of difficulty in later chapters, the occassional random difficulty spike and that battles can take from 20 minutes to an hour.

The only way you can dislike FFT is if you dislike RPGs in general or if you quit in the first chapter, which doesn't really give the game a fair shake.
music aside, the game lacked the capture ability that every final fantasy I've played, and I've gone back to the first ones avalible to us all the way to FF12, skipping 11 because online stuffs blegh.

The movement based, game is not my cup of tea, you may like it, but I don't reguardless what you think of the game, if someone came to me and said "Did you like Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions" I'm afraid it may result in me punching them in the stomach, not that I'm short, I just don't think it's bad enough to require a face punch.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
DarqueMage said:
Jakub324 said:
Matrix: Path of Neo. It was based on the films, so obviously they had to cram 50 more outrageous fights in.
You want to know the sad thing? Path of Neo was actually considered superior to Enter the Matrix...which I bought at full price. >.>
Wait, what? I liked Enter the Matrix. Hell, I still occasionally play it!

ZombieBigfoot

Jan 30, 2011
That I can think of off the top of my head? Viking: Battle for Asgard. Upgrades were overall not worth it. Combat was slow and sluggish instead of nice and fluid. Fighting multiple enemies at once is near-impossible if you don't have high health. The siege battles were equally frustrating and got repetitive. Seriously. Each one is virtually the same procedure, just more frustrating each time. You sneak in(mind you stealth is nearly f**king impossible in this game), beat up a bunch of bad guys, do some randomn crap, then get out and come back with your army. Then you go around beating up a bunch of enemies, kill their mages, use the dragon, kill the boss, then move on down the next string of annoying quests. The finishers felt like a rip-off of countless quick-time events used in the hack-n-slash games that preceded it. For the $10.99 I payed for the game, I got ripped off.

Sorry if this counts as a rant or whatnot. Just that this game was bad.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Either Dead Or Alive 4 or Call Of Duty 3.

I thought I'd lucked out by losing both of them. Nope. Turns out they were just in an old disc case.

TO THE TRADE INS YOU GO!

EBHughsThe1st

Nov 18, 2009
Sonic Unleashed. I bought it for the 360 at full price. So, after laying 60 big ones down, I realized just how much of a mistake buying it was. I barely played it for a night.

I hate that game. IGN was a bit brutal about it, but they were spot on.

darksaber64x

Aug 15, 2008
RF Online.

I don't know why I thought it would be different than other Korean MMO trash... but it wasn't.

Lillowh

Oct 22, 2007
Yu-Gi-Oh Duelists of the Roses. It was the first game I bought on my own. And it sucked.

icame

Aug 4, 2010
buy teh haloz said:
Oddworld Stranger's Wrath on the PC. On the Xbox, it's brilliant. On the PC, it's a shitty ass port that can't even fucking run no matter how many times they patch it.
Here's a funny fact about that...

When optimizing the game, they did it for a SINGLE setup. As in,it is optimized ONE and only one graphics card.

NickCaligo42

Oct 7, 2007
Dragon Age 2. I've never found a game LESS worth $60. This crap wouldn't have flown as a budget title by a B-grade studio.

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
Worst game is easily Time Crisis 2 + 3 with guns. What's that multiplayer? You demand a splitscreen? MY TV WAS 14" WIDE YOU ASSHAT!

Captcha is KöTö liverve?! Stupid letters!