Worst game PURCHASE you ever made.

VictorDoomer

Aug 12, 2011
Heroes 4, i have no idea why i bought that despicable excuse for a game, there is just nothing good, cheerful or entertaining in that horrible pile of misery...

JBGigas

Dec 19, 2009
Medieval 2: Total war
I bought it from Gamestop and I would love to play it, but the damn came with wrong cd keys.

ExiledPaladin13

Aug 3, 2011
Halo 3 ODST, i hated the achievement system and only got 4 achievements until i gave up on that game (mind you i beat that game), then i tried the multiplayer... it was halo 3 multiplayer, NOT odst, thus achieving 2 achievements for halo 3. there goes my consistant gamerscore :(

Eric Staples

Aug 8, 2011
krazykidd said:
McNinja said:
I have two.

First: Fable 3. NO explanation needed.

Second: Demon's Souls. That game was a waste of time, and almost zero fun. I say almost because I enjoyed it when I was doing well, then when I died and had to restart the entire level sans souls, then died again, I just quit the game and returned it. That game was not good.
Quiting a game because you suck at it doesn't make it a bad game , makes you a bad player .
Demon's Souls was designed to make everyone suck at it. Randomly having boulders fall on your head and kill you is BS. It is not designed for skillful players. The only way to play it is to die over and over and memorize where all the falling boulders are going to occur. You probably think memorizing where all the boulders were going to fall makes you a skillful player, but it doesn't. Any child can do that.

thesmurf45

Jun 9, 2009
Battlefield Bad company 2
The code for online was already taken and single player gets boring after a while. :(

DSK-

May 13, 2010
Brink, Bulletstorm and Borderlands.

Brink wasn't what I thought it would be, Bulletstorm was boring as hell and kept crashing at a certain point in the game (plus the GfWL stuff took me a DAY to actually play the game after I installed it) and Borderlands was disappointing and the story was shit.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Eric Staples said:
krazykidd said:
McNinja said:
I have two.

Second: Demon's Souls. That game was a waste of time, and almost zero fun. I say almost because I enjoyed it when I was doing well, then when I died and had to restart the entire level sans souls, then died again, I just quit the game and returned it. That game was not good.
Quiting a game because you suck at it doesn't make it a bad game , makes you a bad player .
Demon's Souls was designed to make everyone suck at it. Randomly having boulders fall on your head and kill you is BS. It is not designed for skillful players. The only way to play it is to die over and over and memorize where all the falling boulders are going to occur. You probably think memorizing where all the boulders were going to fall makes you a skillful player, but it doesn't. Any child can do that.
If i child could do that then people wouldn't quit , and there's more to the game than boulders. It actually does take some skill to the game , it's an action game , meaning there's monsters and bosses to get through, while it is true that there are traps theres more to the game than that . By your logic demons's souls is the same as super meat boy . It really isn't , thus i assume you never actually played the game but feel entitled to talk about it like you know .

babyhenchy1

Mar 28, 2011
I'm very careful with my purchases so not many bad ones. I could say Dragon Age II, but at the end of the day, I enjoyed the game and I'm glad to have it in my collection. I just should have waited for the price to go down about $20.

Other M, on the other hand, pissed me off to no end. I really hope Retro Studios takes over the development for the next Metroid.

Gincairn

Jan 14, 2010
A while back I would have said Demon's Souls or even Mass Effect 2, but in both cases that would have been because I hadn't played them anywhere near enough to justify their purchase.

However, I have to go with Devil May Cry 2, 3 or even Bayonetta, I don't like the game style and yet I still get suckered in with the hype and buy them anyway.

vermin_

May 16, 2011
Terraria.

Seriosly, i think I dont get the point of the game, but it seems like a poor-mans Minecraft.

Umbox

Aug 12, 2011
Final Fantasy 13 and Dragon age 2. But at least I didn't buy FF13 on release so didn't pay full retail for it

Eric Staples

Aug 8, 2011
krazykidd said:
If i child could do that then people wouldn't quit.
Where's the logic in that? Children can do it and people still quit. It's not a game of skill. It's a game of memorization.

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
krazykidd said:
McNinja said:
I have two.

OT: i already said christap chronicals for the game cube but theres so much more :

Metroid other M
Mad world
SSBM ( not a bad game but i hate fighting games )
Steal princess ( on DS )
Fable 2 ( dat ending! Also 1st and only game i traded back to game stop)

So many more that my mind blocked out for good reason
No, it makes me unwilling to invest the time to make myself a good player. I didn't care enough to go through an entire stage again, and I realized that I did not want to continually rage at this game whenever I died more than once, so I spared myself the displeasure and returned it.

utopaline

Jan 28, 2011
KDB said:
When I was a kid I got nearly three hundred dollars in christmas money and I bought a Turbo Graphix 16 system. Does anyone even remember that system? Biggest waste of money ever.
I LOVED my TG16. Arcade games on it rocked.

uto

aPod

Jan 14, 2010
Two Worlds. Luckily i got it on gog for 3 bucks so it's not like i'm kicking my self in the ass over it. Much.

Chedgefa

Aug 9, 2011
Venetica. At best, this game is an average RPG with a decent story. At worst, its a totally annoying, joyless grind with a camera more interested in looking for lice in her hair than showing you the action.

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
F-Zero GX

It's frustrating, it's horrid, it's like an ugly pimple that grew on Nintendo, which makes this game all the more painful because Nintendo's popular francises were my childhood icons.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Completely Off-Topic: Why have I seen so many people getting warnings for posting the game they thought was their worst purchase. Perfectly legitimate post just blotted out for no apparent reason.

On-Topic: Two Worlds, hands down. I vile Oblivion rip-off that barely worked with almost constant loading, beginner enemies that could destroy you in moments and the worst jump/dodge animation ever. Seriously, there was a solid 2 second gap between you hitting the button and your character on screen performing the action. I tried to return it 4 hours after buying it. The sequel however is quite enjoyable in a cheesy B-movie kind of way. All of the controls work right this time at least and the graphics don't make you want to gouge out your eyes with hot pokers.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
MetaKnight19 said:
Probably Dragon Age: Origins. I finished one of the origin stories (can't remember which one) and got to a town called Lothering and for me it just felt as though it was going really slow. On the upside I only paid £15 for the GAME exclusive collectors edition which came with all this stuff:

Bonus Blu-ray disc with a 'Making of' documentary, Soundtrack, Trailers, Wallpaper, Concept Art Video and Strategy tips

3 pieces of exclusive in-game content - Bergens Honour, Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes and Final Reason.

Unlockable ME2 in-game item: Original purchasers of DAO will receive the Blood Dragon Armour which will be usable in both DAO and ME2

The Stone Prisoner unlockable bonus quest and unlockable character, Shale
I respect your choice. I will say that it gets better after Lothering, everything else up to that point is more or less the Prologue/Tutorial.