Worst game you bought at $60?

Jikuu

Mar 3, 2010
For me, it's a tie between Final Fantasy 13 and White Knight Chronicles. Rather than rouse the ire of aficionados of these games, I'll leave my disappointment explained as merely unfulfilled expectations.

complete_absolution

Mar 6, 2011
Retronana said:
DTWolfwood said:
Just Cause 2.

Fun for the first 60 minute. then you've done everything there is to do...
You must be amazingly inventive to do everything that is entertaining within the space of 60 minutes
Clearly you have not played the game then. You can see all the game has in 60 min, it just takes much longer to get 100% on everything. It could have been better with a bit more imaginative missions.

Shirokurou

Mar 8, 2010
icame said:
I was paradigm shifting sometime, but I always just had to hit auto attack after if I wasn't healing and I would be just as successful as someone who planned out what they were going to do. Also just to clarify, the worst part of FF13 isn't any of that. That would simply make it a 2/10 in my mind. The thing that brings it down to the lowliest levels of video game hell is making me read as an excuse to not explain things in your game. The game doesn't even ease you into it, it just throws you in and expects you to read it. That is pure lazy. Though that is the embodiment of square enix with them making a game where the first 30 hours of a game are more linear then a piece of string.

Again, not attacking your opinion, I just hate this game with a passion ^^
No offense taken. I just love FFXIII and the linearity didn't bug me at all. External reading wasn't that much of a chore either. Stuff was pretty symbolic and paradigmal in itself.

So hearing the bashing that the game gets just makes me wonder why it happens. I mean, Disgaea, which I bought and wish I handn't was 2D (this gen), overloaded with needless stats and etc. I hate that stuff, but somebody loves it. So while I can say I hated it, I can still admit that it's designed OK.

So you didn't like FFXIII, but I can't see why you'd call it badly-designed.

icame

Aug 4, 2010
Shirokurou said:
icame said:
I was paradigm shifting sometime, but I always just had to hit auto attack after if I wasn't healing and I would be just as successful as someone who planned out what they were going to do. Also just to clarify, the worst part of FF13 isn't any of that. That would simply make it a 2/10 in my mind. The thing that brings it down to the lowliest levels of video game hell is making me read as an excuse to not explain things in your game. The game doesn't even ease you into it, it just throws you in and expects you to read it. That is pure lazy. Though that is the embodiment of square enix with them making a game where the first 30 hours of a game are more linear then a piece of string.

Again, not attacking your opinion, I just hate this game with a passion ^^
No offense taken. I just love FFXIII and the linearity didn't bug me at all. External reading wasn't that much of a chore either. Stuff was pretty symbolic and paradigmal in itself.

So hearing the bashing that the game gets just makes me wonder why it happens. I mean, Disgaea, which I bought and wish I handn't was 2D (this gen), overloaded with needless stats and etc. I hate that stuff, but somebody loves it. So while I can say I hated it, I can still admit that it's designed OK.

So you didn't like FFXIII, but I can't see why you'd call it badly-designed.
Not getting interesting (And even that is up for a lot of debate) after 30 hours, and telling 75% of your story through a book in an interactive medium (Ad yahtzee said your supposed to weave explanations into the exposition), the battle system being broken, the stat building was so linear itself it mine as well of given it to you when you leveled up and just decided what paradigm to assign it to...and that's not even getting into the story.

I call that badly designed

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
Legion IV said:
WOPR said:
Legion IV said:
Orange box. Never been so angrey with my purchase ever in my entire life. I still get angrey when i open my closet and find it in the corner, hate hate HATE.
He said $60 purchase dude

Orange box is $30... and it's 6 games (I count Lost Coast!)

so it's like 6, $5 purchases
Hey man at the time my pc was in reapair to i elected to buy orange box for consale on day 1. it went for 60$ i didnt think orange box was 30$ day 1 for pc. Good deal, still not worth it to me. I stand by what i said.
You got the console version..?

then I take back what I said and agree with you fully

RevRaptor

Mar 10, 2010
warcraft4life said:
RevRaptor said:
I brought too human at full price. not actually the worse game I've ever owned but the fact that I spent $110 on it did not sit well.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AWHH I FEEL YOUR PAIN

I spend 3 pounds on that game

and I still feel cheated..
yea bad game, I'd been following the development from the get go the early build actually looked really good (that was about 2 years before release) then it went in a totally different direction. total bummer it had such promise and the dev team had such good ideas but in the end they totally f'ed it up.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Command & Conquer 4 (at 50 Euro anyway).

6 hours of singleplayer, forced online connectivety, no base building and tournament faggotry.

marurder

Jul 26, 2009
Call of Duty Blacks Ops

Terrible game, schizophrenic and linear. Saw the plot twist coming (it was good) but, ultimately a bad game. MW2 was a good game (but also short and the plot was...very...iffy)

StuddedZombie

Jul 17, 2009
So im sitting here trying to think of a game and this thought pops into my mind.

"is there even a game that has come out thats worth full price?"

StuddedZombie

Jul 17, 2009
Id have to say right now God of War 3

not nearly worth the hype, only a mere fiew hours long and when you did finish it you were done with it, nothing redeeming about it whatsoever. Not worthy of $60 IMO

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Kermi said:
I bought Too Human at launch. I should have returned it the same day. What a heap of shit.
lol you are not alone i preordered mine cause it got soo much hype. Then......i realy dont know how to discribe it, i mean i wont call it shit cause truth be told after i played the dame thing all the way through EIGHT times i was high enoth in lvl that it was just a beatem up and lets face it the voice acting is just funny if you play it drunk so idk worst game i bought at $60 yes but not the worst ive ever played.......

Retronana

Nov 27, 2010
complete_absolution said:
Retronana said:
DTWolfwood said:
Just Cause 2.

Fun for the first 60 minute. then you've done everything there is to do...
You must be amazingly inventive to do everything that is entertaining within the space of 60 minutes
Clearly you have not played the game then. You can see all the game has in 60 min, it just takes much longer to get 100% on everything. It could have been better with a bit more imaginative missions.
There's more to it than the missions, such as grapple-hooking a soldier to an aircraft, getting in said aircraft and performing barrel rolls while watch the hilarity. Admittedly most of the fun from Just cause 2 comes from the situations the player creates for himself but the grapple-hook is an example of true freedom in a game. You could try endless things. Btw I do have the game and have played 30 hours and still going.

Sorry if I sounded like a bit of an arse in the first post, I just find hard to believe someone can become bored of Just Cause 2 within an hour.

Arcticflame

Nov 7, 2006
fallenvash said:
Uncle takes the cake.
He bought ET at full price, first day. 49.99, that's equal to over $100 today.
Wow, Imho that wins it for me.

I think for me it would be a game which was released yeaaarssss ago, called team factor or something like that. It mentioned bots, and didnt have them, and I couldn't play online.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
I didn't buy it, but it was bought for me as a gift at 60 bucks, and that was Fable 2