Worst game you bought at $60?

supermariner

Aug 27, 2010
i suppose £40 is around $60
which i paid for Terminator Salvation

bear in mind i bought it with the full intention of returning it the next day after i'd completed it knowing they legally had to accept it back
but i'm an idiot and lost the receipt

The Evil Foxy

Jul 28, 2010
Bought D-Day for 50?, thought that an RTS about the Normandy landings with the graphics of Desert Rats vs Afrika Korps would automatically be worth the investment.

Well would'ya look at that, I was wrong. The damn game's a micromanagement fest, to a worse extent than the StarCraft series. Don't even consider fighting enemy infantry with your own in a stand-up fight. And while we're on the subject of infantry. What do you expect to hear when you click on a Sherman:

"Rifleman at your service sir!"

Good thing that the game knows its units. After 1000 clicks it starts to hurt your ears.

Played until the 3rd campaign mission and it has been gathering dust on my shelf ever since. Didn't have the nerves to micromanage my way through another digital Panzer division.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Retronana said:
DTWolfwood said:
Just Cause 2.

Fun for the first 60 minute. then you've done everything there is to do...
You must be amazingly inventive to do everything that is entertaining within the space of 60 minutes
aye you do the most extreme stuff right off the bat, anything else is just derivative.

The Apothecarry

Mar 6, 2011
Worst game at retail price? Unreal Tournament III. It's not bad or boring, but it's the one game I regret spending $60 because I bought it impulsively after seeing the "EXCLUSIVE GEARS OF WAR 2 CONTENT!" sticker on it. I've probably plugged the least amount of time into UT3 simply because I have other games that I've desired more.

Again it's not bad, but it's not my favorite. To each his own, right?

The Apothecarry

Mar 6, 2011
Actually, if you want me to be honest, I'll say it right now: StarCraft II. I play RTS games where you can watch two units duke it out for at least fifteen seconds. Watching five of my Marines get butchered by a Battlecruiser because somebody spent hours learning how to build everything in 5 minutes is not my idea of fun, and I frankly don't have the time I'd need to get good at StarCraft.

I'll stick to what I know. Dawn of War FTW. Space Marines can kick Terran *** any day of the week.