Worst Game You've Ever Played?

Matt King

Mar 15, 2010
SaetonChapelle said:
Im trying to think of a really bad game Ive played recently...

Ninety Nine Nights? Maybe...
i have no idea why but i fucking love that game, i know how terrible it is but whenever i play it i have a blast,

the worst game i have ever played issega superstars tennis or whatever it's called that i got for free with my xbox

miketehmage

Jul 22, 2009
Too human. It was absolutely terrible. Check out yahtzee's review of it, he hits the nail on the head.

Timberwolf0924

Sep 16, 2009
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom
I tried every class I could.. played a totaly of 10 hours. returned the game

The Witcher 2
I put 15 hours into the game, clunky controls, fighting was horrible. Didn't like it at all. It was my first fray into the Witcher series.

Last Hugh Alive

Jul 6, 2011
Kendell Cambridge said:
Last Hugh Alive said:
That would be Pimp My Ride: The Game

You customize cars (which is staggeringly more disappointing than you would expect), then you drive the car back to the client and the driving controls are dogshit. Along the way back you can play "minigames" and "side missions" which basically involve quick time events that control people in the neighbourhood dancing around your car while you slowly drive it through the street.

Oh and terrible voice acting.
I can't help but think YDI for believing for a second that a pimp my ride game would be anything other than agonizing.
It was a game my friend leant to me along with I think Dragon Age, I played it for the sheer novelty as I like to do sometimes with knowingly bad games (not DA). Still, PMR was impossibly awful. At least that 50 Cent BotS game managed to be functionally compitent underneath its ridiculousness.

Jul 20, 2010
Last Hugh Alive said:
Kendell Cambridge said:
Last Hugh Alive said:
That would be Pimp My Ride: The Game

You customize cars (which is staggeringly more disappointing than you would expect), then you drive the car back to the client and the driving controls are dogshit. Along the way back you can play "minigames" and "side missions" which basically involve quick time events that control people in the neighbourhood dancing around your car while you slowly drive it through the street.

Oh and terrible voice acting.
I can't help but think YDI for believing for a second that a pimp my ride game would be anything other than agonizing.
It was a game my friend leant to me along with I think Dragon Age, I played it for the sheer novelty as I like to do sometimes with knowingly bad games (not DA). Still, PMR was impossibly awful. At least that 50 Cent BotS game managed to be functionally compitent underneath its ridiculousness.
I played that BotS game at my brother's house and noticed that if you play on mute for only one level every few days so the repetitiveness doesn't hit you like a drunk driver practicing drifts in a semi trailer, it's actually not so bad. Lord knows I'd like to know how one man can piss off so many attack chopper pilots tho...

Zanderinfal

Nov 21, 2009
Lost Planet 2. No matter what I was doing when it was always shit all of the time, no exceptions...

But then again, I (thankfully) have never played Too Human so I guess I had it lucky. :/

PlatinumRenegade

May 2, 2011
xWestie said:
SaetonChapelle said:
I... I adore Dynasty Warriors. /hides from backlash.
I just bought Warriors Orochi and I have the whole series, plus the Samurai series. ><
Heh~
You're not alone -pats- I think the only one I'm missing is Samurai Warriors: Xtreme Legends >>; lol

For me I'm not too sure.. probably Bubsy.
This series seems interesting and I must play!!!

Ziame

Mar 29, 2011
Spore was just awfully dumb.

Witcher 2... vulgar, obscenic experience; no redeeming qualities for me. Clickfest combat also.

Oblivion - I tried so hard to like it. It just stood there going NO!

Terraria was quite boring as well.

Counter-Strike - I always liked the concept, but the people I always end up playing with...

Kendell Cambridge said:
Zaik said:

I never personally played it but, come on now.
You just made my day. I've heard of some stupid concepts before, but this actually made me cry laughing. I owe you thanks.
Dude, there's a whole series out there. Tractors, trash-trucks etc. Besides, to quote bash, when you're a marine returning from Iraq, a shooter ain't really what you'd like to play :)

Gagballs The Great

Apr 27, 2012
1)Advent Rising - been waiting fro this game like a ray of hope and ended up hating EVERY aspect of this game. Damn...It could've been so much more.
2)True Crime 2 - after the adventures of handsome devil Nick Kang I said to myself "Nope. The second part will not be that good. And I was wrong. It was so bad, that the God forbade to speak about it. Not only the plot was bad (In L.&#1040; it was cheesy but good, the whole game was drowning in glitches, artifacts and bad controls.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Lonely Packager said:
GonzoGamer said:
Lonely Packager said:
ET the extra terrestrial or whatever the name of that old game based on ET was called. It's pretty classic for it's sheer terribleness (it's apparently up there in the top 10 of worst games of all times) and chances are you've heard of it. I can honestly say it was the most nauseatingly fucking awful thing I've ever played.
That was really awful my fellow geriatric.
ET is easy to remember because it was so bad it crashed the industry and there's all the urban legends of the ancient video game burial ground where tons of them were buried....
and those poor people who lived in the house built over it for a while.

I also remember the Raiders of the Lost Ark game (my friend Greg had it) being just as awful. Movie based games have always been bad.
Ah, sorry, I should've mentioned I wasn't actually existing at the time that game was released. I just found this site that let me play old games for the ... NES was it? I'm not sure, but I found this site that let me play EXACT copies of old games online and ET was one of them. So I gave it a try.
Worst thing I've ever done. And I feel sorry for anyone who actually PAID for that game.
But, I'm no geriatric though, haha.
Can you share the site?
Sorry for making insinuations about your age. I just didn't think anyone would subject themselves to ET the game...
knowing what we know now.
It (as well as Raiders) was on the Atari by the way and there were apparently a bunch of them buried with the cartridges. The NES is actually what brought the video game console back from the brink of extinction.

PlatinumRenegade

May 2, 2011
Angry Juju said:
I tend to push any memory of any bad game out of my head, so in order to warn you all about a terrible game I would have to recall those horrid memories of the said game. I'm going to be selfish and not warn you all.
We wouldn't want you to have to go through those troubled days of horrible video games again.

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
Sakura Wars: So Long My Love. I was pointed here because someone told me it was vaguely like Persona 3/4. So, so wrong on that count. The robot fighting was adequate, the rest was garbage. Terrifyingly grating characters, nonsensical story, and so many random things that really creeped me out for no reason. Also the casual racism

"I walked up to the gates of Harlem, and I was accosted by a couple thugs!" Please go away forever

Spambot 3000

Aug 8, 2011
GonzoGamer said:
Lonely Packager said:
GonzoGamer said:
Lonely Packager said:
ET the extra terrestrial or whatever the name of that old game based on ET was called. It's pretty classic for it's sheer terribleness (it's apparently up there in the top 10 of worst games of all times) and chances are you've heard of it. I can honestly say it was the most nauseatingly fucking awful thing I've ever played.
That was really awful my fellow geriatric.
ET is easy to remember because it was so bad it crashed the industry and there's all the urban legends of the ancient video game burial ground where tons of them were buried....
and those poor people who lived in the house built over it for a while.

I also remember the Raiders of the Lost Ark game (my friend Greg had it) being just as awful. Movie based games have always been bad.
Ah, sorry, I should've mentioned I wasn't actually existing at the time that game was released. I just found this site that let me play old games for the ... NES was it? I'm not sure, but I found this site that let me play EXACT copies of old games online and ET was one of them. So I gave it a try.
Worst thing I've ever done. And I feel sorry for anyone who actually PAID for that game.
But, I'm no geriatric though, haha.
Can you share the site?
Sorry for making insinuations about your age. I just didn't think anyone would subject themselves to ET the game...
knowing what we know now.
It (as well as Raiders) was on the Atari by the way and there were apparently a bunch of them buried with the cartridges. The NES is actually what brought the video game console back from the brink of extinction.
Ah yes, Atari, that's it. I can't remember the site though, because I went on it 2 years ago and never went on it again. I'm sure it's not so hard to find that a quick Google search of 'Play free Atari games' wouldn't get it on the first or second page of results. Or 'Play free retro games'. It shouldn't be too hard to find if you really wanna find it.

Mycroft Holmes

Sep 26, 2011
Spectral Dragon said:
It had great movement capture tech
Movement Capture does not, a good game, make.

Spectral Dragon said:
and a pretty great story. At least in the beginning.
Big emphasis on the beginning. It was like a B grade who dun it at the start where you know who did it already. Which was interesting enough, minus all the really weird your character must brush their teeth segments. And then it continuously got worse and worse and worse until it was legitimately the worst stories I have ever heard. Was something you'd expect on an amateur fanfiction forum. For someone to dramatically read on youtube and make fun of because it sounds like it was written by a 12 year old who is just randomly stringing together things that they think are awesome. Omg cyborg Neo with magical powers n then he like fights time traveling mayans and robots, sounds totely awesum.

Spectral Dragon said:
Granted, it was mostly QTE's, but with some improvements, they would be awesome.
QTEs are one of the worst forms of gameplay ever. I don't mind them when it's used sparingly in a game like Mass Effect 2, where it's used as more of a would you like to throw this guy out of a 100 story building, or would you like to not do that. Because it's simply a way for them to give you more choice and not sacrifice the games cinematic qualities. I also didn't mind its limited use in Modern Warfare games or Metro 2033, because it was mostly just click buttan lots to proceed and wasn't the core gameplay.

But I would prefer anything to QTE being the gameplay. If it had been just sims murder edition, or like an adventure game pixel hunt. That would have been fine. And good God the QTE sex scene was the most embarrassing thing I have ever seen in a videogame, it makes Duke Nukem Forever look mature by comparison.

Spectral Dragon said:
It does things better than a lot of current games, but it's not perfect. Far from the worst, though.
I have no idea what games you play, but I tend to stay away from the obvious garbage ones. The game play was a joke. The story devolved into drivel after the first hour or two. I'm sure hard rain is a lot better, but I don't play console games so I'll likely never know. But the absolute only thing going for Fahrenheit or Indigo Prophecy is the story line. And they completely dropped the ball on that compared to any videogame I have played, and I can look past almost every other flaw if the dialogue/story is actually good. I would have preferred it if you just played as an insane person who murdered some guy, and then you got to decide if he got away or if they police caught him by playing both sides. I might have even considered it an alright game if it did that. I mean besides of course the push left then right to brush your teeth, push up then down to penetrate woman weirdness it had.

scarecrow350

Apr 4, 2010
I absolutely despise 'operation flashpoint' i couldn't get past the first mission to a combo of a lack of ammo, impossible to spot enemies ans the fact it told me to use a key that i had no idea here it was, it wasn't even in the control scheme
oh and spore
(dark muttering)