Worst Games of the year

agentorange98

Aug 30, 2011
http://lidospeaks.blogspot.com/2011/12/worst-games-of-year-by-lido-and-ian.html

This is my friend and I's list of the worst games of the year for 2011 in their respective categories, what're your choices?

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
These games aren't bad per say, they are just the ones I least liked playing this year.
1. Hyperdimension Neptunia
2. Record of Agarest War Zero (not a bad game, it was just a really good year)
3. Dragon Age 2 (same as above)

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
Our personal worst games or the games we think are the worst out of your choices? Personally my worst game of the year is Hyperdimension Neptunia. Honestly I've said so much about this I'll just summarize here and say it is the worst RPG I have ever played. Every single aspect is absolutely horrible and I would recommend a baseball bat to the head more than playing this game.

EDIT:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Every time I see someone else who has played it I feel more at ease knowing someone else has experienced my suffering. Thank you for that.

Klumpfot

Dec 30, 2009
The only game I've played this year that I disliked was Dragon Age 2. What a crushingly disappointing sequel. Aside from that, the 15 minutes of playing Duke Nukem Forever weren't very exciting either, but the limited play experience makes a judgement like that seem unfair.

EDIT: Ooh, Brink was released this year. Yeah, that game stank.

Toriberryx6

Apr 5, 2011
While it definitely wasn't the worst game I've played this year, I can honestly say I was very disappointed by Alice: Madness Returns. The trailers and cinematics made it look so dark and interesting, but the truth of the matter was that it was a needlessly long platformer with a very hollow story.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
The only games I finished but felt worse than "neutral" about them were Homefront and Dragon Age 2.

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
80Maxwell08 said:
Our personal worst games or the games we think are the worst out of your choices? Personally my worst game of the year is Hyperdimension Neptunia. Honestly I've said so much about this I'll just summarize here and say it is the worst RPG I have ever played. Every single aspect is absolutely horrible and I would recommend a baseball bat to the head more than playing this game.

EDIT:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Every time I see someone else who has played it I feel more at ease knowing someone else has experienced my suffering. Thank you for that.
well i played it too but i enjoyed it. Yeah this game is not good, but i was able to enjoy it nonetheless liked story and characters. Will be buying mk2 too!

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
Wait a minute The Old Republic hasnt even been released yet, why did they give an unreleased game the "Sawing off you own dick" award?

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Duke Nukem was the only genuinely bad game I played this year.

Red Faction Armageddon wasn't bad as such, but it was vastly inferior to Guerilla.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
The only two major disappointments I've had so far this year were Crysis 2, Duke Nukem Forever and Battlefield 3. It is just another reason why I need to stop buying FPS games.

80Maxwell08

Jul 14, 2010
Arina Love said:
80Maxwell08 said:

EDIT:
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
well i played it too but i enjoyed it. Yeah this game is not good, but i was able to enjoy it nonetheless liked story and characters. Will be buying mk2 too!
Yeah I'm not doing that. Ever. I hated the main character so freaking much. All the humor usually in Nisa games was just forced there and completely unfunny. Then the battle system. UGH. Though I do wonder if one of these days I should try again just to see if anything gets better. However the memories of that battle system come back and completely and efficiently kill that. If you actually liked it then enjoy mk2.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Two Worlds II was the worst game I played this year, even though I don't think it was bad and have even recommended it to a few people (if you just like to explore, it's a good game for you).

akfg666

Dec 9, 2010
The_Blue_Rider said:
Wait a minute The Old Republic hasnt even been released yet, why did they give an unreleased game the "Sawing off you own dick" award?
The beta was released a few weeks ago for those who had signed up for testing. I was able to play it and in all honesty, I agree with the award it got.
I'd advise against buying it when it is released

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
The worst game in terms of its actual quality and technical/artistic merit that I played? Duke Nukem Forever. I knew it was going to be terrible. Little did I know HOW terrible.

The most disappointing game? Brink. Brink isn't broken (ever since they patched it), but it was seriously disappointing. I'm not the only one who thinks that either: servers are almost entirely deserted.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
I guess the only complaint I have is that From Dust seemed a bit short lived, took me 4 hours to finish it all......

It was still good, but too short :/

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
My vote is torn between Brink and Duke Nukem Forever. Brink was a nice idea, and I think it would have worked out well if they'd have separated the single and multiplayer experiences. I got bored of the 'story' because it was just a sequence of multiplayer games, and I got bored of the multiplayer because it was just choosing levels of the stories, so I'd seen it all by the time I finished the Security campaign. I know how the Resistance one ended, because my brother always chooses rebels. So between us we did them both.

Duke Nukem Forever was just outright bad. Playable, but bad. Not exactly something you'd want people to catch you playing if they weren't 'in the know'. I don't like it for a couple of reasons. The first being that it sacrificed the Dukeness of the game by restricting you to two weapons (four if you're lucky) and replacing the kick with the gun-butt hit. Not that these are innately bad things - just don't pretend you're bringing back the Duke when you're just making a bad-humoured, tasteless Halo.
The guns were awful too. The only one that was satisfying to use was the shotgun. The ripper was the most ridiculous thing I've ever had the misfortune to use, and the 'Devastator' was vastly inferior to the rocket launcher, so I don't bloody know what was going on with that one.

PAGEToap44

Jul 16, 2008
The_Blue_Rider said:
It's been tested though. My flatmate managed to get a free download of the game a few weeks ago to test it for them. And I don't fully agree with the verdict on it in that article. The Old Republic will sell well because, like WOW, it's addictive. Also it's got STAR WARS in the title...

And I thought Dead Island was a great game!!! It was only hyped up a wee bit due to that teaser trailer. It's hard to live up to something like that.

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
Great blog.
Not going to bother with the exact ranking, because the criteria are so vague, but the hate is generally well deserved.

There's prolly worse games made in 2011 than the "shit award" games, but then I reckon only high profile games may qualify for this one.