Worst Games of the year

BoTTeNBReKeR

Oct 23, 2008
SOCOM 4 is (to me) by far the worst game this year. Goddamnit Zipper, how dare you take a perfectly awesome PS2 franchise, throw away everything that made the franchise great and slap SOCOM on the box? *sigh*

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
Dragon Age 2

A game about how many times they can use the same area

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Operation Flashpoint: Red River

For the record I quite like Dragon Rising, because of how tense and on edge it is, but this game was like Dragon Rising if it was made by a Call of Duty fratboy. The sense of tension was gone, the graphics were ugly, and the swearing... oh god the swearing. There was more F-bombs in this game than there were bullets being shot (I'm not kidding), and to be frank I was quite uncomfortable with it, and it's not everyday that I'm uncomfortable with swearing, it was that bad.

Yeah, the game managed to make me feel incredibly uncomfortable, as well as being painfully bad.

Necroid_Neko

Nov 24, 2011
My worst game of the year? Definately Dungeon Siege 3. It's a classic case of focusing on the graphics and ignoring everything else, it was too short, the inventory system was a mess, there was no character customisation (why??) and the pc controls were goddamn awful with no keymapping available. Also, it was incredibly linear, with sidequests just being 'go back the way you came a moment and kill something'. Attrocious. But the worst thing is, the Steam DS3 bundle is the only way for me to get a Windows 64bit compatible version of the amazing DS1...boo.
Dragon Age 2 was pretty dissapointing too, it was short, every dungeon was copy-pasted (if you've played it you'll know just how true that is) and the story wasn't compelling in the least. Still, at least I could make my own character and have more than one party member at once! Wahey!

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I was going to say Metroid Other: M because the game both destroyed a great gaming hero as a character and in general wasn't that good (also ripped off it's own story by taking from Metroid: Fusion 85% minus making Samus pathetic). However I just looked it up and it's 2010, so doesn't qualify.

So my vote goes to Dead Island. Played the PS3 version and it was just plain unfinished with possibly one of the worst attempts at a story that apparently was filled with unlikeable characters, fetch quests and broken mechanics. The fact I see people posting it was good or great confuses me because even multiplayer it wasn't fun because no one used mics and there's simply better games to play co-op, like any other co-op game.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
JoesshittyOs said:
BiscuitTrouser said:
I love people on this thread. Most people are like SKYRIM and MW3 or BATTLEFIELD.

And i shant deny its FINE to say these games dont appeal to you. But the WORST game of the year? You mean if someone made a game this year called "lets paint with human waste" it would STILL be the WORST game of the year? What we are actually debating is, whats the worst of the huge releases. Lets at least get that right.
I'm honestly scrolling down waiting to find someone claim one of those games are terrible, but no one has really claimed any of those yet.

Now going off this, the worst game that I actually invested some time in that was a big release would probably be LA Noire. I played the entire game before realizing that I really didn't like it.
That wasnt sarcasm... i honestly love people on this thread for not stating those as the worst game of all time. When thats just factually wrong.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
I didn't play many of the games on those lists, I must be getting good at spotting the bad ones. After buying the collectors edition of Fable 3 and being burned I'm a lot more cautious.

I agree with Rage, that game was so underwhelming. Brilliantly put together on a technical level, but it had no soul. The complete antithesis of Skyrim in actual fact.

Homefront wasn't as bad as everyone says. Sure it was no Call of Duty gameplay wise, but it wasn't without merits. Certainly not one of the worst games this year.

Shanicus said:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2.

It's a cover-based shooter with wands.

It physically hurt playing that game. I honestly think a part of my soul died, and now an hour of my life is gone forever. If you ever get a choice between the Book or this Game, Read the damn book - even if it's in another language, READ THE DAMN BOOK. It'll hurt so much less.
Did you play Part 1? Seriously, Part 2 was a VAST improvement compared. I actually enjoyed Part 2.

I have NEVER felt so bored playing a game before as when I played Part 1. I am a very tollerant person, especially when an existing IP is used because I like to immerse myself in the world if nothing else. But Part 1... I can't even bring myself to talk about it. Seriously, how do you make magical battles against the forces of darkness BORING?

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
BiscuitTrouser said:
JoesshittyOs said:
BiscuitTrouser said:
I love people on this thread. Most people are like SKYRIM and MW3 or BATTLEFIELD.

And i shant deny its FINE to say these games dont appeal to you. But the WORST game of the year? You mean if someone made a game this year called "lets paint with human waste" it would STILL be the WORST game of the year? What we are actually debating is, whats the worst of the huge releases. Lets at least get that right.
I'm honestly scrolling down waiting to find someone claim one of those games are terrible, but no one has really claimed any of those yet.

Now going off this, the worst game that I actually invested some time in that was a big release would probably be LA Noire. I played the entire game before realizing that I really didn't like it.
That wasnt sarcasm... i honestly love people on this thread for not stating those as the worst game of all time. When thats just factually wrong.
I'm well aware that wasn't sarcasm (unless I'm not reading this correctly, which may be the case), I'm agreeing with you.

I think I should have added that I believe the proper title would be "Big Blockbuster Game disappointment of 2011", because that's what everyone is going to answer with. Mine was LA Noire. By no means a terrible game, it just wasn't that good.

However many hours of driving to different positions and rather broken and unimaginative detective mini-games. It made me appreciate the rift between games and cinema.

MSfire012

Jul 9, 2011
Call of Juarez the Cartel

So, they are turning a western game into a modern game with a western fell, ok a can accept it, since this kind of stuff(picking a game that takes place in the past and putting it on the present times) worked for Call of Duty, why wouldn?t work here?

But it didn't work, not even a bit. They took all that made CoJ 1 and 2 interesting and threw shit into a already bland and generic game. The interesting characters got replaced with racist stereotypes. The graphics look bad for something that got released in 2006 and the gameplay...oh forget it, I could make 3 posts saying why this game is horrible and it wouldn't be enough

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
FelixG said:
Dragon Age 2, god the team that made that one needs to be flogged for thinking THAT was ok to ship...

Clive Howlitzer said:
The only three major disappointments I've had so far this year were Crysis 2, Duke Nukem Forever and Battlefield 3. It is just another reason why I need to stop buying FPS games.
Um, just an aside, thats three you listed, not two... :D
Yeah, I added Duke Nukem Forever with an edit but forgot to change that. However, that can't really count as a disappointment because I knew it'd suck but bought it anyway.

Musiclly enhanced

Sep 8, 2010
worst game of the year - Duke nukem forever, it was the most boring game ive ever played
worst game i actually bought - Battlefield 3, so much dissapoint :(

Dott

Oct 27, 2009
Brink.
Played it during the free weekend on Steam, had no idea what the fuck I was doing.
It felt like a combination of electronic feces and a generic online FPS desperately trying to copy TF2, only taking the hat part even further and extending it to the entire body, but not to the awesome extent people were promised. You can basically just choose a bunch of makeshift armour and baggy clothes for the rebels and a selection of riot gear for the guards.

Link55

Dec 11, 2011
The worst has to be just dance three.
I mean like just think about, what gamer wants to play a dancing game except for the micheal Jackson expirince.

Jodski

Jun 22, 2011
Hmm worst games of the year eh...

Dragon Age 2, stinks of corporate jerks tugging at player?s fondness for the first to see what money will fall out.

Know it hasn't been released yet, but I've played SW:TOR beta, just a rip off everything memorable from the movies (new and old) like ship and character designs. Few original ideas have been implemented; they are even push the "loving someone will lead to the dark side" angle, kind of surprised I didn't hear midichlorians (?) or a Jar Jar rip off in there.

Stronghold3 crap in all aspects (glitches, graphics, story game play the whole thing!).

From Dust, it was fun but really limited.

Mound and Blade: Fire and Sword (think came out this year), so much taken away just for a gun.

Not a worst, but the ending in Dues Ex HR really annoyed me.

All i can think off atm.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Modern Warfare 3, its a copy of Modern Warfare 2 which is a copy of Modern Warfare 1.

Battlefield 3, I just didn't like it, hated how everything worked. Yes I played solo.

Skyrim was Meh, but I would put it in the category as well for multiple game breaking glitches, tons of Non-game breaking glitches, a broken patch and then main story about the Civil war being boring as hell.

Then every modern combat shooter, Wii games excluding Nintendo made ones and 3DS games.

Also forgot, since this happens every single FUCKING day on the interenet because people can't wrap their thick skulls around Opinons, this is my worst games of the year, not a GLOBAL thing, just mine.

JoesshittyOs said:
BiscuitTrouser said:

I did.

BiscuitTrouser said:
JoesshittyOs said:
BiscuitTrouser said:

OPINIONS, HOW DO TAY WORK? I can almost guarantee you this and everyone else's posts are subjective, they liked something you didn't. Objectively, nothing is wrong with the 3 games I claimed up top, but subjectively I didn't enjoy them.

Love seeing this internet every day, people says they don't like something, someone says that its factually incorrect to not like X thing and repeat every day.