Worst Games of the year

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Well, the obvious is Duke Nukem Forever. I'm also going to go with Game of Thrones: Genesis and D&D: Daggerdale. The first of these is on hearsay only.

And I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with you on the subject of Risen 2, and recommend that you at least reserve judgment until it comes out. It is going to be at least a good game, probably a great game, possibly an amazing one. At least if you play it on PC like a sensible person. (Is it even coming out on consoles? I've lost track...)

Why?
Piranha Bytes. Seriously, they make gaming gold, and the only time it stops is when meddling publishers (See ya, JoWood! Don't let the door hit your rear on the way out!) step in. Gothic 1+2? Great games, but dated graphics. Gothic 3? Great game buried under a layer of "It was released a year early" bugs. Risen? Great game released in its prime, and well worth the price of admission. Risen 2? Is going to ROCK. Just not on the consoletoys, 'cause PB is a PC developer through and through.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Iblan said:
Dude...chill out man. It is an opinion, and written as such. So yes, it is biased, in fact, I addressed the fact that I only play PC games.
I never once raised my temper to the point of me needing to "chill out". And I was pointing out how your list legitimately means nothing, yet you were passing it off as though it counted for something.
I'm not sure what your problem is though.
My problem is the hipster mindset were people take a popular game and bash it for being popular. Everytime one of these threads come up along the lines of "Worst game you've played", I always see about ten people spout out Call of Duty, or whatever the big blockbuster game happened to be at the time. It's such a childish and attention grabbing answer that I will point it out and berate you for it.
I would say it might have something to do with your face resembling Justin Bieber's, but it seems roughly half of the people on the forum suffer from that problem...
I have no idea what to make of this.

So... Ha ha. Funny. Justin Beiber reference.

Iblan

Dec 11, 2011
JoesshittyOs said:
Iblan said:
I would say it might have something to do with your face resembling Justin Bieber's, but it seems roughly half of the people on the forum suffer from that problem...

No I actually meant it. For some reason roughly half of the people in this topic had Justin Bieber's face as an avatar, including yours. They seem to be back to normal now, I'm not really sure what it was all about. Hacks or trollz or my computer just wanting me to think I was on acid...

As for my friend's and my list, no, it has no more credibility than yours or anyone else's on this forum, but it sounded like the person (the one I was addressing) was complaining about people's choices, and I was pointing out that not everyone thought Call of Duty was a great game. By no means the worst (although pushing it if you look at it from a budget standpoint), and yes, plenty of people bash it simply because it is popular, but the fact remains that the series is old and stale and charging $60 for a re-package deserves SOME recognition. Hence the award we gave it.

MrShowerHead

Jun 28, 2010
Homefront (For obvious reasons)
Dragon Age 2( Don't really hate the game, but was expecting much better)
Duke Nukem Forever (Luckily, I've never been a big Duke fan)
Red Faction Armageddon (Sure, the new weapons were fun, but everything else was a step backwards)

To me, it was a pretty good year of games. I mean, I got Deus Ex, Skyrim, Portal 2... So I'm not complaining

Instant K4rma

StormFella
Aug 29, 2008
I love the folks that say "This game is shit", stated as a fact instead of an opinion.

Personally, I'd have to cast my vote for Duke Nukem Forever. Luckily, I only paid 6$ for it on a Steam sale.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Iblan said:
JoesshittyOs said:
Iblan said:

No I actually meant it. For some reason roughly half of the people in this topic had Justin Bieber's face as an avatar, including yours. They seem to be back to normal now, I'm not really sure what it was all about. Hacks or trollz or my computer just wanting me to think I was on acid...
See the Red button under your badges? That changes everyone's face to look like Justin Beiber's for a while.

It only lasts a few days I think.

TheTygerfire

Jun 26, 2008
X-Men Destiny
Brink
NCIS
Batman Arkham City

I wonder how many people with think I'm serious about that last one :3

Skoldpadda

Jan 13, 2010
I haven't played any bad games this year, that were actually released this year. I played, and gave up on, the horrible Final Fantasy XIII, but that's a bit older.

I will, however, nominate that list for Worst List Of 2011.

Tax_Document

Mar 13, 2011
Seriously, they put Section 8 Prejudice on there?
The damn thing was AAA quality for fifteen dollars, what did they expect?

This whole list is junk, not just because I disagree with it, but they're rating games that are currently unreleased, frankly, it's just poor.

OT:

Sword of the Stars 2 was just bad, they should have waited a few months.
Crysis 2 was severely lacking.
Red Faction Armageddon was kinda disappointing, not bad though.
Dragon Age 2 was a mess and quite dull, didn't like that one.

Jauffre

Sep 1, 2011
Although I only played it on the free weekend, Brink was awful and I'm glad I didn't buy it. Really sucks though because it looked so promising. I got MW3 to see how the story ended and to see if any of these 'great' changed to MP were good. The story sucked, nearly as bad as Battlefield 3's story, and MP for some reason is just dull and boring. And I enjoyed MW2's MP (after I got good enough to mostly avoid all the problems.) While DiRT 3 was fun I was really disappointed with the emphasis on all that Gymkhana crap. Stupid game wouldn't let me progress until I did well in those horrible gymkhana events that I both found boring and sucked at.