Worst Marvel films?

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
malestrithe said:
Punisher. 2004 Punisher was boring. 2008 Punisher was too violent for its own good. 1989 Punisher felt more correct than later ones.
I loved the 04 Punisher movie!! That was my favorite!

In fact I will go as far as saying it was my favourite Marvel film!

OT: My vote is for Daredevil... hands down...

Also Man-Thing...

IMDB even has this as the top bit of trivia:
A test screening for the movie was held in which half of the audience walked out before the movie even ended.

In all it's glory... (bear in mind it was 2005... not 1985!)

Vausch

Dec 7, 2009
The 1994 Fantastic 4 movie, Ghost Rider, Captain America (1979), Captain America 2: Death Too Soon, Captain America (1990)and Daredevil (Director's cut was pretty good though). Wow, 3 of those were prototypes for one of the best they have to offer so far. That's sad.

217not237

Nov 9, 2011
Uhhh... Well, the three X-Men movies that they've made were pretty good. Same with those two Spider-Man movies. Hmm... The Incredible Hulk movie was good, same with Captain America... I don't think there ARE any others...

DarthAcerbus

Jan 25, 2010
I'm surprised NICK FURY: AGENT OF SHIELD hasn't been mentioned. But that's more a hilarious awful.

Seishisha

By the power of greyskull.
Aug 22, 2011
I'd like to point out that alot of the earlier "marvel" films werent actualy produced by marvel, for a list of the films marvel have actualy produced and are in the process there of, you can go here.

http://www.imdb.com/company/co0051941/

So yeah general misconeption out of the way, alot of the awefull earlier movies like spider-man fantastic four, electra and so on were all produced by outside companies, marvel still did spider-man 3 though so i can't forgive them for that.

Necron_warrior

OPPORTUNISTIC ANARCHIST
Mar 30, 2011
I actually thought the Ghost rider movies were not to bad.

Although I though Captain america was goddawful.

I do hope they make a Deadpool movie at some point.

Sis

Apr 2, 2012
Spider-man 3. It took everything good about Spider-Man and crapped all over it.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
WolfThomas said:
malestrithe said:
1989 Punisher felt more correct than later ones.
He doesn't wear the Skull Shirt and he lets criminals live.
Really, that's all that matters to you? It's not correct unless the punisher kills people and wears a skill T-Shirt. Oh wait, I keep forgetting that I'm dealing with continuity whores that only care about superficial things about comic books and cannot evaluate the overall project on its own.

Whether or not he wears a skull T-Shirt is irrelevant. The skull has nothing to do with the character's motivations in the movie, which are consistent from the comic book. It feels right for the early 90s portrayal of the character, when the character used criminal informants on a regular basis.

kalt_13

Veteran n00b
Sep 14, 2008
worst I've seen was Wolverine.

I listen to the podcast "now playing" they are reviewing all marvel movies. From what they were saying about Man-thing and the hulk tele-movies sound, they absolutly awful.

Aurgelmir

WAAAAGH!
Nov 11, 2009
Corax_1990 said:
So far, it seems Marvel has a 50/50 success rate with their movies IMO.
The Good ;
Iron Man 1&2
Captain America
Thor
The second Incredible Hulk
Spider Man 1&2
Xmen and Xmen First Class

The Average;
Xmen 2 or X-2 is you're feeling douchey
The first Fantastic Four
The Punisher
Blade
Wolverine

Then the pretty terrible;
The second Fantastic Four
Xmen 3
Blade 2&3
The first Hulk movie
The two Ghost Rider Movies
Elektra
Dare Devil
Spider Man 3

Thats my list and opinion on what Marvel has put out into the world, hopefully the Avengers will be the best Superhero Movie ever made to make me forget Ghost Rider and Elektra.

Edit: not sure if you would count Kick Ass as a Marvel movie, its based on the comic from Icon, which is owned by Marvel.
I sort of agree with your list. Although isnt there a million Punisher Movies by this point? Only one I have seen is the Dolf Lundgren one from the 80s :p

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
PhunkyPhazon said:
. However, we can't disregard a certain older movie. One that most people aren't even aware is Marvel:

*shudders*
THe double whammy
Marvel and Lucas!

DSK-

May 13, 2010
Corax_1990 said:
So far, it seems Marvel has a 50/50 success rate with their movies IMO.
The Good ;
Iron Man 1&2
Captain America
Thor
The second Incredible Hulk
Spider Man 1&2
Xmen and Xmen First Class

The Average;
Xmen 2 or X-2 is you're feeling douchey
The first Fantastic Four
The Punisher
Blade
Wolverine

Then the pretty terrible;
The second Fantastic Four
Xmen 3
Blade 2&3
The first Hulk movie
The two Ghost Rider Movies
Elektra
Dare Devil
Spider Man 3

Thats my list and opinion on what Marvel has put out into the world, hopefully the Avengers will be the best Superhero Movie ever made to make me forget Ghost Rider and Elektra.

Edit: not sure if you would count Kick Ass as a Marvel movie, its based on the comic from Icon, which is owned by Marvel.
If your list is indeed correct, I'd choose Blade Trinity. That was so fucking bad.

Dutchy115

Nov 7, 2011
The first Hulk was shit, but that's considered non-cannon, so I'm not too pissed about it
The Fantastic Four movies were decent but they were targeted at children rather than teenagers and adults, like the recent ones are
And the Spiderman trilogy was a steaming pile of horse shit, the new one looks pretty good though
The only pre-"Avengers Saga" movies that Marvel seems to stand buy are the X-Men ones, which is good, because they were bloody good

So overall, Fantastic Four 2: Silver Surfer is the worst current generation marvel movie, with the Spidermans coming a close second, third and fourth and the original Fantastic Four slotting in at fifth