Worst Military Loss in History

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
Well historically speaking, the first battle ever fought. It got everyone into the *cough* spirit of fighting, and is the reason for all consequent war-related deaths. But if we have to be specific, I'm with Mr.Tea on this one

Mr.Tea said:
Damn, that was a scary battle *O*

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
Um, for me its split between Agincourt and Waterloo. In both, the odds were ridiculously against the English but they won on both counts

There is another, a battle between the Sots and the English, where the English Cavalry repeatedly charged to their own demise against the Scottish shiltroms, but I forget the name of the battle

Darkadder246

Jun 12, 2009
Rex Dark said:
The one where the French lost so bad from a bunch of Flemish farmers that they were so ashamed they didn't even record it in their history books. (But we recorded it anyway)

And the French had cavalery.

Proof please.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
blackadder246 said:
Rex Dark said:
The one where the French lost so bad from a bunch of Flemish farmers that they were so ashamed they didn't even record it in their history books. (But we recorded it anyway)

And the French had cavalery.

Proof please.
As I stated above is how they said it in history class (except for the ashamed part, they did say they don't teach it to the french in their history classes though).

Anyway, here's the wikipedia link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guldensporenslag

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Civil War.

Every death was a loss for America. There never were any military gains. All we did was get keep the country together, and we might have been able to do that without war if certain issues hadn't been pressed to the boiling point.

As for Vietnam, I would propose that America lost because we simply had no idea what we were doing over there.

KnowYourOnion

Jul 6, 2009
Cookiegerard said:
Yonker's (North of New York City) God damnit, if they had the right amount of ammo! They just could not hold them back long enough!
Awesome shout my good sir!!

neoman10

Big Brother
Sep 23, 2008
lwm3398 said:
RAND00M said:
I can´t name one bad thing about Finland.
I'm not even gonna try to find one, I know enough that it would be in vain.
they're all drunk, trust me

I live in Helsinki, they're everywhere (our water pipes aren't that durable either, sadly)

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
When the Gauls pushed the Romans all the way up to the Gates of Rome herself. Take that! Big mistake thinking the Gauls were savages and therefore stupid and inferior to the Romans. The Romans had to buy them off in order to get the Gauls to leave, then tried to back out of the deal, which really pissed off the Gauls.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
neoman10 said:
they're all drunk, trust me
Hey, at least they aren't drunk on some prissy wine and/or cosmo type of drink. They're on rum, whiskey, scotch, man drinks.

w-Jinksy

May 30, 2009
the first chechen war, a rather pointless and futile war with a lot of needless civilian deaths.

SonicKoala

The Night Zombie
Sep 8, 2009
Malicious said:
SonicKoala said:
Bright_Raven said:
Wardog13 said:
Bright_Raven said:
Yeah, look at the death toll sparky.
And yet america still lost...

death toll =/= points. war is judged through which side ultimately wins the conflict, who captures the most resources, who ends with more than they started with. the Vietcong won that war, their side now controls Vietnam.

How much of Vietnam does the side that america backed control, sparky?
The "victory" in Vietnam for the Vietnamese was a fantastic example of a phyrric victory - sure, the Vietnamese "won" (technically), but their country had been completely destroyed by the constant bombing raids by the Americans. They lost well over a million people, and thousands of acres of farm land was rendered useless by the use of agent orange. Not to mention the enduring legacy of the "bombies" (unexploded landmines) that fell in parts of Vietnam and Laos which remain a problem to this very day. The Vietnamese were the true losers of the Vietnam war.
Im not so sure they were the true losers. Sure they lost a lot of men, but they defied a superpower, killed some 60 thousand americans and wounded some 300 000. For a country so poor and undeveloped its a miracle they survived that long, not to mention there also being the English and French who attacked N. Vietnam. In truth, are the Americans not losers for destroying a whole nation and all its peoples lives, and also destroying the lives of some 350 000 of its citizens, by fighting a war against a meagre force while using top notch technology, just because of different idealism? - and then even retreating and letting the whole thing go for nothing, i think both sides were the losers, one side lost its integrity and dignity, while the other lost lives and buildings.
They didn't only lose lives and buildings - their entire economy was completely devastated; it was partly due to the Vietnam war that the country would have to endure severe poverty for the next several decades. Also, to be fair, the Vietnamese were by no means a "meagre" force - sure, they didn't have the technology of the Americans, but they were very strong in number, had a far superior knowledge of their terrain, and therefore had far superior tactics. Yes, both sides were losers - what I'm trying to say is that the Vietnamese lost more in this "victory" than the Americans did.

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
Mercanary57 said:
The only war that the French ever won EDIT: in the last 150 years.
A civil war.
EDIT: NAPOLEON DOESN'T COUNT!
Because he wasn't french, he was Corsican. The best french army is a non-french army.

HerrBobo

Jun 3, 2008
GoliathJT said:
WHen the Germans lost Normandy.

Don't get me wrong, the Nazi's were a bunch of fuckfaces that needed to die. But think about it. They have a cliff-fortress thing covered by 88's and machine guns gunning down on people with almost no cover, they have more soldiers, weapons, and advantages. They had fucking SNIPERS AND SHIT and they still lost.
Yeah, the allies just had more men, tanks, fighters, bombers, ammo, fule, a navy, a working chain of command, a working supply line, the strategic initiative, and Churchill. How did they win at all?

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
Furburt said:
Battle Of Stalingrad.
Stalingrad turned the tide of a war and was a battle that certainly chould have been won it would appear, just not under the conditions that the germans chose.

My vote goes to the battle of Agincourt as there is absolutely no excuse for the French to lose that battle. They have the enemy cornered and they decide the best thing to do is impetiously charge across a long, freshly plowed and very muddy field. This battle alone almost changed the face of European politics for generations and it was only through sheer luck that Henry V managed to die from some illness before being handed the French crown.