Worst/Most irritating medical condition you've ever had?

rhyno435

Apr 24, 2009
electric_warrior said:
Eczema's a pain in the ass, that's about it.
I hear that. I've only had a minor case on my eyelid, but it sucks cause all attention is drawn to it.

Chelsizzle

Jun 29, 2008
This is a little soft compared to the other things in here, but I have a recurring toothache that sucks. Can't sleep most of the time when it starts up again.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I think it was bronchitis or some sort of bronchial infection. It felt a lot like a flu but it was centered in my throat. Towards the end I ended up throwing up something that had the had the consistency and, texture of scrambled eggs (green and, grey instead of yellow and white though)

I think...I have no idea what it was because I didn't go to see a doctor or anything. Toughed it out for a week!

Aglaid

Mar 27, 2011
I have an extremely high fever once that made me hallucinate like crazy, that was rough.

coolkirb

Jan 28, 2011
I also had an ingrown toe nail for about a year or two, I delt with it but then I finally went to a doctor fix it, though when he asked me if I wanted the root out I said no even though their is a high chanch of it happening again. So far though it hasnt come back and i have a semi normal looking toe nail hopeing it does not become in grown again, honestly when you feel pain putting on socks an shoes it is annoying also a slight tow stub is a 10 minute ordeal.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Delsana said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:
I had Phimosis and god was it annoying as hell but luckily two operations at the hospital and all is well.
The eye lid drooping?
Nope the type that requires surgical circumcision to remove the problem and so far iv'e had two ops the last op being last friday.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
Worst I had was the Candian Flu.

I've had the Flu before that, or atleast I thought I had, but that was just a whole new experience of uncomfortability.

Your head feels 10 times its own weight, every part of your body aches, your nose, throat and lungs are just down for serious maintenance. Chicken soup pulled me through, partially, and anti-biotics (which in Canada, are stupidly easy to obtain, much like pot, which for the record I hate).

evilartist

Nov 9, 2009
A staph infection on my right hip kind of sucked, and so did the sty under my eyelid, but what really takes the cake is my current condition: my shifted TMJ (Tendo-mandibular-joint), which is causing painful jaw problems.

grimgin

Apr 4, 2010
sleep apnea i stop breathing while i sleep and wake up two or three times a night gasping for air like im drowning im basically an insomniac now

Dec 30, 2009
For some reason, when ever I go out in the back country for an extended period of time, I get sick. First time at Northern Tier, I contracted Cholera. At Philmont, I was hit with tonsillitis. Both times were in the first few days of the trek. Both robbed me of my strength and left me weak. In other words, it made hiking/canoeing utter hell. Still made both treks though, so I can claim to have traveled 196 miles by foot/boat while in need of medical conditions.

*NOTE* Before anyone asks, yes, I should have asked for evac, but I was to damn stubborn and intended to finish the treks. I got through with relatively good health.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Migraine.
Fucking migraine.
Was born with it, grew up with it, will always have it.
An attack can hurt more than fracturing bones.

Aside from having the flu once when I was a kid, I've never had any kind of notable infection.
I can't even remember when I last had a cold.
Must be years ago by now.

johnzaku

Jun 16, 2009
well I've had asthma my whole life :/

but I gotta say the worst I've ever had was menangitis (on top of H1N1) XP

Oh god I would've ripped out my own skull just to stop the pain >o<

Picture a migrain, but All over your head and up and down your whole spinal column. It was easily the worst pain I've ever had, and i've been stabbed by a blunt bike handle O_O

MercenaryCanary

Mar 24, 2008
Sean Hollyman said:
My worst ever was a urinary tract infection. It was horrible, you get the feeling of needing to piss constantly, and when you do squeeze it out, it fucking hurts,.
PEE THROUGH THE PAIN.

At the moment, it seems like my pinky toe's skin is basically being destroyed. It really hurts to put pressure on it. I would go to the doctor, but... no money.

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
Well, I've had the flu so bad I thought I would die, but that's about it.

Off topic:

Wow. How am I supposed to do that?
I hate the dumbass captcha system. I swear - I got a freaking TRIDENT once. Yes. A three pronged spear looking symbol. WTF??

The Arctic Nun

Jun 2, 2010
Hitting up the urinary tract infection too, but it was resolved rather quickly and it's a great story to tell the grandchildren. "This one time...it BURNED when I pissed! LIKE FIRE, I TELLS YAH!" Then I'd shake my fist and have a nap.

Other than that, the minor annoyance that is eczema BUT I find itching it near orgasmic. Every cloud...

Skuffyshootster

Jan 13, 2009
I get gastric reflux if I take my depression medicine without anything in my stomach. Imagine the gods of fire and acid are fighting a war in your esophagus. You can't swallow, because it has the effect of adding water to an oil fire, but since it also makes you salivate more, you have to spit the saliva out every 2 minutes. It's terrible.

SimpleChimp

Jun 11, 2009
Delsana said:
SimpleChimp said:
I had a blood hemorrhage that bled out and forced a giant mass from getting kicked rather hard in muay thai. The thing was the hemorrhage grew up into the cavity of my body that i didnt notice anything but minor swelling. They had to amputate. . .

I've been a little heavier on my left side ever since
Wait... did they cut it out or did they cut off your leg?
They cut off my "leg" . . .

i know amputation is usually reserved for limbs, but it sounds so much better than nut-utation

daemon37

Oct 14, 2009
Right now I'm pretty sure I have a yeast infection, which is bizarre because I'm a guy. Going to the doctor in 1 hour to get confirmation.

FunGuy155

Apr 29, 2011
Well right now I have Eczema that developed from about 200 or more sand-fly bites from last November.Its annoying as hell. But its getting better, I hope.