Worst Noob Combo

Jumpman

Sep 4, 2008
Im primarily refering to fps, but if there are other genres, please feel free to add them. What is that one weapon combination that always gets under your skin? that one combination or tactic that you hate, not simply because it kills you, but because it kills you easily. What's that single thing that will automatically make you drop out of a multiplayer round, the moment you see someone start using it?

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
COD series - because people always hide around the corner with a auto shotgun, either that or knifing you

Roswell

Jan 8, 2009
The people at the Gamers' Society at college who pick Ky Kiske in Guilty Gear XXAC, and do nothing but spam Stun Edge.

They know who they are.

Sardonicus11

Jan 14, 2009
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this. If there is someway in a game that I easily lose to, either I'm not good enough at the game to avoid it or the game is poorly made. Either way it doesn't frustrate me, I can always improve or play a better game.

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
Problem you will constantly face in COD is bickering like: "you killed me with x perk, x perk is for n00bs" or "you killed me with x gun, x gun is for n00bs."

The AWP in CSS. It's like having an insta-kill gun.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
When in TF2 I try to capture the point, while 3 turrets ZOMGWTF kill me in 1.2 seconds and there are no good Demomen or Soldiers to blow them up. That's even more aggrovating when all 3 turrets are NEXT TO EACH OTHER, so 3 grenades should kill them and 3 engineers behind.

Jumpman

Sep 4, 2008
Sardonicus11 said:
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this. If there is someway in a game that I easily lose to, either I'm not good enough at the game to avoid it or the game is poorly made. Either way it doesn't frustrate me, I can always improve or play a better game.
Sure, a mediocre player will pretty much always lose against an expert player, even if he has superior fire power. What I'm talking about is a single weapon combo, tactic or fighting move that, when used repeatedly, can cause one player to slaughter another player of the same skill level. Raphael's forward triangle move in soul calibur 2, or an smg and plasma pistol in the second halo, stuff like that.

Jumpman

Sep 4, 2008
hey, does anyone remember the golden gun from goldeneye? that thing was a *****.

Jakeyyyy

Jan 2, 2009
Yeah people that complain about perks on COD like 'Juggernaut' get under my skin.
As for combos, I have no problem with the 'n00b tube' but when it kills me when i'm on a good streak I don't know whether to cry or get angry.

gamshobny

Apr 13, 2008
CoD 4 marty and last stand aren't fun, last stand especialy isn't fun in hardcore mode.

I find the deagle and full-auto shotgun combo to be particulary bothersome in CS.

Infantry general in CC Generals Zero hour. Those APC's are like moving mini-guns.

the_tramp

May 16, 2008
Damn Dommyboy beat me to it. Another vote for AWP here.

I was playing Left 4 Dead the other day and there was this guy on my team who would literally run through the level as fast as he could whilst the rest of us took it slowly. This would result in him dying far ahead of us and causing us to run after him to pull him back up. To which he would continue to run. He said that he was the scout and he was scouting ahead to clear the path.

Whilst I can see merit in this tactic it just meant that the other three of us were walking along killing the odd one zombie or two. We tried to explain to him the concept of a 'team' game and how he was... without trying to sound whiney, ruining the experience for us but all he could say was 'I am zee scout'. He was French and I think he only had a limited knowledge of English. I'm not knocking him for it because it would make me a hipocrite, I am just trying to detail how difficult it was to communicate this to him.

Eventually we votekicked the guy, got a new 4th person and completed the campaign no problem. Heh, we don't 'need zee scout'.

Sardonicus11

Jan 14, 2009
Jumpman said:
Sardonicus11 said:
Sure, a mediocre player will pretty much always lose against an expert player, even if he has superior fire power. What I'm talking about is a single weapon combo, tactic or fighting move that, when used repeatedly, can cause one player to slaughter another player of the same skill level. Raphael's forward triangle move in soul calibur 2, or an smg and plasma pistol in the second halo, stuff like that.
Yeah well I still think of it the same. If someone uses some "cheap" move/combo on me and I can't beat it, either I'm not good enough to beat it or the game is poorly made and ubalanced. Lots of games (mostly fps/fighter games) have things like that, but I usually find a way to overcome. Oh yeah, I remember the Golden Gun from that game. Goldeneye was THE party game back in the day. Although Perfect Dark was much better.

The_Prophet

Sep 3, 2008
A camper with an AWP in any CS. AWP is for people who don't know how to aim
And people say that martyrdom and last stand are for noobs, but I don't think so.
With martyrdom i do what the name says, run inside a room full of enemies and "sacrafice" myself so my team can do whatever they want

Himo

Dec 17, 2008
Baraka's slicey spike thingies using the up, down+x combo. Infuriating.

Credge

Apr 12, 2008
videot76 said:
Mitsurugi. Have I said enough?
Eddy is far worse. Hit any three buttons, even if they are only movements, and you're flipping out more than a ninja ever would.

Sccye

Sep 17, 2008
The thing that pisses me off most button-mashers in Soul Calibur. Specifically when they play as Maxi or Voldo.

Otherwise, I can usually work my way around noobs. That said, I don't do a lot of online gaming - a lotta folks in my experience were always jackasses. Especially when I played Runescape many, many years ago as a sweaty teenager. Cries of 'FREE STUFF PZLZZZZZZLZZZLZZ' was really annoying. And kill-stealers.