Worst "Numbered/Single Player" Final Fantasy

Mr. Fahrenheit

Mar 16, 2009
It's really hard for me to say. After all, I haven't really played all of them.

Out of the ones that I played (IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, and XII), I'd say that I enjoyed either VII or XII the least.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
2, AKA Final Fantasy IV. Leveling system is broke as a joke.

Runner up is 8 because of overall shittiness.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
The Great JT said:

Runner up is 8 because of overall shittiness.
Umm...how did FF4 have broken level system!? if your talking about the REAL FF2 then ok, but if your talking about FF4(2 in USA) with Cecil and Kain then...WHAT?!

As for me, FF8. No other numbered FF game deserves the shitty awards more than 8...EVER. For non-numerical, it would have to be Dirge of Cerberus. It had an okay story but it's just so...NOT Final Fantasy.

Pots

Oct 9, 2007
I would have to say XII of course I don't have a fondness for VIII either.
Just to throw it out there VI and IV would have to be my favorites.

quack35

Sep 1, 2008
Hmm, I don't know, I've enjoyed all the ones I've played. I might say FF2, but I haven't had a chance to play it for very long. I haven't played 7,8,9,10, or 11.

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
FFVIII I believe it was.

"OhMotherOfGodAbove, Please please don't make me do another hour of grinding for that spell-drawing gyyaaargh!" about sums it up.

Oh sure, you could work around that. But you shouldn't have to. And the plot twists made me want to cry...

"I'm a super-assasin-sniper. Trust me, I'll kill the target dead without bullets! And I'll do it a mile away!"
- five minutes later once the mission is underway and cannot be aborted - "I want my mommy! I haven't actually killed anyone, I'm just a bigmouthed pussy! This rifle of mine is just for show!"

Riight....?

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
SakSak said:
FFVIII I believe it was.

"OhMotherOfGodAbove, Please please don't make me do another hour of grinding for that spell-drawing gyyaaargh!" about sums it up.

Oh sure, you could work around that. But you shouldn't have to. And the plot twists made me want to cry...

"I'm a super-assasin-sniper. Trust me, I'll kill the target dead without bullets! And I'll do it a mile away!"
- five minutes later once the mission is underway and cannot be aborted - "I want my mommy! I haven't actually killed anyone, I'm just a bigmouthed pussy! This rifle of mine is just for show!"

Riight....?
Dear god I remember that moment. WHY would the Garden assign you a pussy gunman who fucking chokes on the job!? The school HAS to be run by retarded moogles...there's no other way.

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
-Seraph- said:
SakSak said:
FFVIII I believe it was.

Riight....?
Dear god I remember that moment. WHY would the Garden assign you a pussy gunman who fucking chokes on the job!? The school HAS to be run by retarded moogles...there's no other way.
Yeah.. One would assume they'd have made even superficial checks on his claims of grandeus/expertise but... And that moment of feeling completely betrayed by the story team isn't even the only one. Many were the times the game plot made me want to puke due to utter inconsistency and illogicality of it all.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
The Great JT said:
-Seraph- said:
The Great JT said:
...if your talking about the REAL FF2 then ok...
I am indeed talking about US's Final Fantasy II, also known as Japan's Final Fantasy IV.
HOW did that have a fucked up leveling system if I may ask? Hell it was one of the most standard RPG leveling system's ever, this just doesn't make sense.

SakSak said:
Many were the times the game plot made me want to puke due to utter inconsistency and illogicality of it all.
Heh you mean like the Laguna scenes, or that out right retarded amnesia bullshit they pulled? If I were to play it again today I think I would suffer blood loss from the vain popping stupidity.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
-Seraph- said:
HOW did that have a fucked up leveling system if I may ask? Hell it was one of the most standard RPG leveling system's ever, this just doesn't make sense.
It didn't go by experience, it went by how often you use a weapon or spell, which just not only over-complicated things, it made everything a grind.

Ima Lemming

Jan 16, 2009
The Great JT said:
It didn't go by experience, it went by how often you use a weapon or spell, which just not only over-complicated things, it made everything a grind.
That's the Real/Japanese Final Fantasy 2...