Worst origin horror story yet!

Elsarild

Oct 26, 2009
Okay, I'm just reposting here, all credit go to user Vidyabro over on reddit!

Just tought I'd show you guys this:

http://i.imgur.com/UGK8A.png

Is it just me or is this getting a bit out of hand?

Notice : this isn't the first of it's case, many other has reported beeing charged twice.

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
That's what you get for trusting EA....

on a serious note I'm glad i didn't install origin.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Well from the looks of things, he posted it on 4chan, so I'm taking the post with a barrel full of salt. But if true, that's... a bit of a blunder on EA's part, to say the least.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
2 of my friends were charged twice.

Luckily both have payment protection on their cards and got the money back for both BF3's they paid for. So basically they ended up not owning any.

Both quickly took Origin off their PC's. And both pretty much declared they will never buy from EA again.

They didn't go through EA customer support though they went straight to their banks to get the money back. As I said, they have protection so it wasn't too much of a problem for them it just irritated them. Made a bit worse by them having a shit time with EA's servers to begin with and hardly playing BF3.

But according to my friends they both know people at work that had similar issues and other problems regarding EA and Origin and those people knew people who are having issues .... seems like quite a few people are having issues with EA at the moment.

Considering how competent EA usually are ..... I almost managed to type that with a straight face ..... I think a lot of people saw problems coming from a mile away with flashing neon signs.

Elsarild

Oct 26, 2009
OhJohnNo said:
Well from the looks of things, he posted it on 4chan, so I'm taking the post with a barrel full of salt. But if true, that's... a bit of a blunder on EA's part, to say the least.
As I said, many others have reported beeing charged twice for Battlefield 3 purchased over Origin.

BiggyShackleton

Nov 15, 2008
Sober Thal said:
-'Valve fuckin charged me a bazillion fuckin times for one game. It's true, cuz I said so and I swore a lot!'-
lol

/joke

It's a new service, it will be a bit before it runs smoothly for everyone. Of the what, tens of thousands who bought it for PC, you're going to find some who had problems.
True but if what he said is also true then they should really look into refunding him, not just dc'ing or changing the subject, then banning his account.

Elsarild

Oct 26, 2009
Sober Thal said:
BiggyShackleton said:
Sober Thal said:
-'Valve fuckin charged me a bazillion fuckin times for one game. It's true, cuz I said so and I swore a lot!'-
lol

/joke

It's a new service, it will be a bit before it runs smoothly for everyone. Of the what, tens of thousands who bought it for PC, you're going to find some who had problems.
True but if what he said is also true then they should really look into refunding him, not just dc'ing or changing the subject, then banning his account.
Sounds like he cursed out the help line, so they ban the account for further review. He may have been hacked.
Even if he used the phone as a toilet for verbal human waste, it dosen't justify EA charging twice and not even giving him a second code, but then going on to ban his account, so he lost 120$, even if he didn't have any other games on it. In my book that's stealing.

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
OhJohnNo said:
Other people have claimed the same problem, and for some reason EA likes to deny a few of the claims.

If I was in the situation EA would be my second place to go to, right from my bank.

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
Elsarild said:
[...] In my book that's stealing.
No, no, you got it all wrong. In EA's book that's making a profit out of stupid customers who aren't entitled enough their crappy games in the first place...

Uhm on a completely unrelated note:
Will we need Origin for the new Mass Effect? Because I think it might be time for me to stop gaming a do some pottery class...

Elsarild

Oct 26, 2009
SidingWithTheEnemy said:
Elsarild said:
[...] In my book that's stealing.
No, no, you got it all wrong. In EA's book that's making a profit out of stupid customers who aren't entitled enough their crappy games in the first place...

Uhm on a completely unrelated note:
Will we need Origin for the new Mass Effect? Because I think it might be time for me to stop gaming a do some pottery class...
Ah but of course, how foolish of me!

1. make game
2.Sell it to people
3. Charge double the amount
4. ?????
5. PROFIT!

Well, you got a point there, maybe I should take up rollerskating again.

Elsarild

Oct 26, 2009
Sober Thal said:
Elsarild said:
Sober Thal said:
BiggyShackleton said:
Sober Thal said:
lol

/joke

Sounds like he cursed out the help line, so they ban the account for further review. He may have been hacked.
Even if he used the phone as a toilet for verbal human waste, it dosen't justify EA charging twice and not even giving him a second code, but then going on to ban his account, so he lost 120$, even if he didn't have any other games on it. In my book that's stealing.
Let me repeat what I said: Sounds like he cursed out the help line, so they ban the account for further review. He may have been hacked.

Besides, if he wants to cancel his service with them (with a potty mouth), why wouldn't they ban/close out his account?
Because from his account of it, he didn't ask to have it banned, or even wanted them to cancel his service. That might been what he wanted, yes, but it is still up to the user to decide if he wanted his service terminate, and what way to go about it.

Broken Orange

God Among Men
Apr 14, 2009
The worst origin story for a horror movie I've seen would be Halloween. Michael Myers is suppose to be unhuman.

Elsarild

Oct 26, 2009
Broken Orange said:
The worst origin story for a horror movie I've seen would be Halloween. Michael Myers is suppose to be unhuman.
Either that joke went way over my head, or you might want to read the original post mate.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Broken Orange said:
How many times have you been told your avatar is fucking awesome? Because whatever that total is, you can add my voice to it.

mrblakemiller

Aug 13, 2010
Oof. That's tough.

I will say one thing, though. If he hadn't cussed the guy out, he would've been able to play the game at least. Something to think about.

Elsarild

Oct 26, 2009
Sober Thal said:
Elsarild said:
Sober Thal said:
Elsarild said:
Sober Thal said:
BiggyShackleton said:
Sober Thal said:
lol

/joke

Let me repeat what I said: Sounds like he cursed out the help line, so they ban the account for further review. He may have been hacked.

Besides, if he wants to cancel his service with them (with a potty mouth), why wouldn't they ban/close out his account?
Because from his account of it, he didn't ask to have it banned, or even wanted them to cancel his service. That might been what he wanted, yes, but it is still up to the user to decide if he wanted his service terminate, and what way to go about it.
I guess we just disagree what "go fuck yourself, shove this shitty Origin system up your ass, I'm never buying another EA game" means.

Banning, or locking the account for further review is a proper step to take when dealing with people like this. Until the situation can be clearly identified and resolved by EA, it's better that his account doesn't hinder him anymore.
Fair enough but I just don't believe that suspending account for something like that when it's pretty much just a matter of transferring the amount back into his account. But I digress.