Worst origin horror story yet!

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
Elsarild said:
Broken Orange said:
The worst origin story for a horror movie I've seen would be Halloween. Michael Myers is suppose to be unhuman.
Either that joke went way over my head, or you might want to read the original post mate.
He was making a reference to 'origin' themed horrors. You know, 'where/when it all began' style copouts...it was a terrible joke.

Elsarild

Oct 26, 2009
Versuvius said:
Elsarild said:
Broken Orange said:
The worst origin story for a horror movie I've seen would be Halloween. Michael Myers is suppose to be unhuman.
Either that joke went way over my head, or you might want to read the original post mate.
He was making a reference to 'origin' themed horrors. You know, 'where/when it all began' style copouts...it was a terrible joke.
I figured as much, I guess I was just looking for a more high brow joke that wasen't there then.

ResonanceGames

Feb 25, 2011
I've heard several accounts of this happening with TOR pre-orders as well, dating back to before Origin existed. I suspect it has something to do with EA's billing system rather than Origin.

It doesn't help that their customer service is legendarily awful.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
Ohh, I see. EA has found a "legal" way to steal money, I'm impressed.
Good thing, I didn't buy the digital version on Origin. So they don't have any bank account data from me.

Elsarild

Oct 26, 2009
Beryl77 said:
Ohh, I see. EA has found a "legal" way to steal money, I'm impressed.
Good thing, I didn't buy the digital version on Origin. So they don't have any bank account data from me.
I feel the exact same way!

distortedreality

May 2, 2011
Sober Thal said:
Banning, or locking the account for further review is a proper step to take when dealing with people like this. Until the situation can be clearly identified and resolved by EA, it's better that his account doesn't hinder him anymore.
You would think actually listening to him first and looking into his complaints would be the first proper step to take, and that would of headed off this mess before it began.

EA fucked up here, not the user.

When stealing by a big corporation is seen as the lesser crime out of that and swearing at said corporation for not even listening to the users case, something is seriously fucking wrong.

ResonanceGames

Feb 25, 2011
Also, since getting sausaged in the buttocks by a giant corporate entity sucks, anyone (in the US) who has had this problem should look at this for swift justice. It's poorly written but has some good info:

http://consumerist.com/2008/01/suing-big-companies-in-small-claims-court-is-fun-and-easy.html

thespyisdead

Jan 25, 2010
thank god i am a steam user

regarding the photo: the superviser was a jerk regarding the refund, but the guy tottaly deserved his ban, due to his foul mouth... what do we learn from this? do not piss peaople off in high places, or at leas the ones, that have power over your account full of games,

Valdus

Apr 7, 2011
EA should have listened. Complaining to a customer who is trying to contact support? WTF!? If I phoned up customer support to be bitched at for phoning them up I would be pissed as well.

So glad I didn't install origins. Part of me wanted to, then smarter parts reminded me that it was EA's baby and it was probably better to avoid it BEFORE the numbers 666 appear on it's forehead.

twistedheat15

Sep 29, 2010
Sober Thal said:
you should know not to argue with idiots, they'll just drag you to their level then beat you with experience. This is a origins suxs / EA is the devil thread, ppl won't accept any logic outside of "omg this makes me hate EA even more, let's burn their house down and kick their dogs!"

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
I can understand that it may just be a blunder on the systems part, origin is new and shit. But new none the less. But I am freaking shocked at the support. This hasn't softened the Origin blow for me, I'll definitely avoid installing it no matter the cost. I'll always find a way around it.

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
I'd sue,

I've have sued people for a lot less and won. Sue for damages the 60 x 2 for the game, sue for legal fees, and sue for wasting your time on the support line.

I consider my time valuable and if your going to waist it you owe me.

an874

Jul 17, 2009
yuval152 said:
That's what you get for trusting EA....

on a serious note I'm glad i didn't install origin.
I second this. I remember trying to get support after installing that shitty Pinnacle Station dlc for Mass Effect and having it disable the game. They have some of the laziest tech support I've dealt with.

CobraX

Jul 4, 2010
Oh Wow Jeez Origins is a crap program and EA are a bunch of assholes, Golly Jee Wilkers Batman I sure didn't see that one coming!

Really Is ANYONE Surprised?

an874 said:
after installing that shitty Pinnacle Station dlc for Mass Effect and having it disable the game. They have some of the laziest tech support I've dealt with.
That DLC sucked big time. All it amounted to was a bunch of challenge maps in a game where the main reason anyone plays it is for The Dialogue, Characters, Setting, and Story - Not the mediocre Gameplay! So of course they decide to base a piece of DLC around the gameplay.....terrible DLC that was, but at least you got a really good weapon as a reward for beating it.

Kathinka

Jan 17, 2010
meh, it's no worse than steam. have heard similar things about it. and bf3 is well worth it^^

superstringz

Jul 6, 2010
Never had an experience with EA that was either convenient or beneficial.

Between deleting my NWN: Platinum CD key, Botching my SC4 registration TWICE, and in general just being disgusting, I must say I'm very happy to not give them my money.

EA's move to make Origin and pulling their products from Steam only cements my years long boycott as permanent.