Worst possible time your controller has run out.

Gunjack65

Jun 8, 2009
Ok so I have not seen many people talk about this but I am sure it happens to everybody. When your battery powered controller is running out of power then it can disconnect itself from the machine, this applys but is not limmited to the Xbox 360. I understand that this is easly solved by replacing the batterys in your controller but when your me you put off doing it for ages when you can just turn it back on.
This has screwed me over in many a online game, like when sespific timing is requierd in, say, a WWE game. This is not limited to online gaming but as a game automaticly pauses when in single player, it isnt much of an issue then.
Does this happen to anybody else and if so when was the worst possible moment it could happen.

Mr Mc Twiggy

Jul 16, 2009
About to kill the final boss on Mass Effect when my controller ran out of batteries, just before the killing shot...thank god it pauses the game XD

Annoyed the heck out of me though cos i had to waste alot of time getting noew batteries...

Lust

Mar 23, 2010
In Fallout 3, around the time I discover what Deathclaws are really made of, my controller dies. I fumble, fall over, yell like a baby and plug my charger in. Only to turn up dead when I press the start button.

Sephychu

Dec 13, 2009
All the time in Fallout 3. The way it seems to go, there never is a good time to lose power in that game.
REAVERS.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Playing MW2, was sneaking up on a sniper in a MP match and my controller died! By the time I had attached the charging cable to it and continued, I had been shot by said sniper

Jack_Uzi

Mar 18, 2009
Don't have one. My friends are all good sports who will just sneak up on me in MW2 and shoot me in the back when I call "Finnished!".

Racthoh

Feb 9, 2009
Only time it happened to me was with my wii controller playing Simon's Quest on the virtual console. So embarrassing to die to a slow moving skeleton that just walks back and forth. :/

Jul 22, 2009
A multiplayer match, about to get winning kill/ achievement worthy kill/ special kill I can't remember which. Brought the enemy up in my sights after the first two bullets my controller died and he killed me.

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
I keep my controllers well-batteried, but two friends of mine have xbox 360s and their batteries have a tendency of dying during times when a group of us gets together to play some split-screen games.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I got kinda bored in a Resident Evil 5 cutscene, so I started pushing all the buttons.
I pulled the left trigger a bit too enthusiastically and caught the little battery-pack release tab thingy.
Then a big spider showed up and I had to do a quick time event to dodge him.

Bugger.

traineesword

Jan 24, 2010
could have been the worst time. Monster Hunter Tri, was 1 egg from finishing a quest and was just about to enter the home area when they died. i quickly scrambled about, grabbing batteries on the sofa-side table and stuffing them in, desperatly pressing 'a' and the 'home' button as many moody (but herbivorous) monsters hobbled over to try knock me over. just got the home button pressed as one monster got close and was carefully telegraphing its attack. i left it on home until i got some batteries recharged and managed to complete the quest.
So a very close "worst time" but it worked out for me in the end, so i can't complain.

eastinfecter

Apr 12, 2010
The Midnight Mouse Death Syndrome...my mouse just died last night and i had to use the gamepad for 8 hours or so.
Yeah, forget about PoP&GoW: that..was..madness (*boot kicks* old mouse through the opened window)

PHOENIXRIDER57

Mar 2, 2010
Play GRAW 2 online when it happened to me. It would die, I'd turn it back on, and in the 3 seconds I had before it shut off again I would sprint to different cover. Finished the match.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
If this counts, my DS battery once died as soon as it said "Mewtwo wants to join yo-"
on the first Mystery Dungeon.
F. M. L.

Not that I still play it, but y'know.