Worst Racism You've Encountered

IronStorm9

Jun 15, 2010
Not really "racist" in the strictest sense of the word, but the closest I've come:

I went to an all-Jewish high school. In my senior year, some fucktards thought it would be hilarious to spray-paint swastikas and things like "kike" all over the school so when we all came back from the Passover break, there was antisemitic propaganda everywhere.

Ericb

Sep 26, 2006
BonsaiK said:
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
I am openly racist too young muslims in Germany
Your post is fantastic, I love it when I even don't need to make an argument because somebody else is several steps ahead of me.

You're of course right that the past is the past, and I agree that the "race card" is used too often sometimes. I also agree that fear of the unknown is an innate human thing and as such racism will never really die, but that doesn't mean people have to give in to their innate reactions and act like dicks. It's also probably human instinct to hit women with clubs and drag them back to the cave and rape them but we've evolved past that so we can probably evolve past racism too. Real racism isn't really about what happened in the past, it's about what's happening now. People are still racist now. Not all people, all the time, but certainly some people, some of the time.
I'm just quoting you because your response was far more civil than what I could muster at the moment. Your post is appropriate to some posters here, but I'm glad to say that it's only a minority of them who deserve it. So, thanks.

I can only be sorry for the people who believe it is all ok and a thing of the past and that it doesn't really affect nor hurt anyone in particular. Disregard is a close relative of disrespect.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
BonsaiK said:
BonsaiK said:
EDIT: damn, didn't get in before the inevitable "racism doesn't exist" post.
Honestly though. Disagreed. Racism is dying out.
I am openly racist too young muslims in Germany
Your post is fantastic, I love it when I even don't need to make an argument because somebody else is several steps ahead of me.

You're of course right that the past is the past, and I agree that the "race card" is used too often sometimes. I also agree that fear of the unknown is an innate human thing and as such racism will never really die, but that doesn't mean people have to give in to their innate reactions and act like dicks. It's also probably human instinct to hit women with clubs and drag them back to the cave and rape them but we've evolved past that so we can probably evolve past racism too. Real racism isn't really about what happened in the past, it's about what's happening now. People are still racist now. Not all people, all the time, but certainly some people, some of the time.
Indeed. However, racism is something that will die out with time. One the one hand we have old people talking about those damn negros and on the other we have the young people who openly hate, but, this is normal. A society always, always needs a scapegoat. This can be one person, a certain group of people, a race, etc... Humanity will never evolve past this. If they do, it will take another 500 years.

When I said I was openly "racist", I meant I was what a lot of stupid people would call racist. Namely, I refuse to give any group of people an extra amount of respect or treat a certain group of people differently just because they have a different skin colour. You would think this is the least racist thing you can do, but somehow, its exactly the opposite. Hm.

Like I said, there are 2 things that keep racism alive: 1) old people who were raised to think that way and 2) young people who are being raised that way by politicians and the media. They are lost. They have no sense of belonging, and then the Daily Mail comes along, or the NPD is all over TV, and they offer them a sense of unity.

How can we solve both these things? Well, the most obvious solution is TEACH THESE KIDS THINGS LIKE THIS IN SCHOOL. It would be time better spent then the endless tirade of unnecessary bullshit they get pumped into them they forget the moment they leave the classroom anyway. And im not talking about making one half assed anti racism day, hanging a view posters in the halls, sticking a black kid in every class and employing one muslim teacher. They need to be taught the nature of racism, they need too understand what the driving force behind it is, and why humans act this way. Then, when they truly understand it, they can reject it. Seriously, ask someone a racist 15 year old why he is racist and watch him stammer for a valid argument. Then ask someone why they arent racist and the answer will always, always be "derp racism is wrong" and if you ask them why? They will stammer like the racist kid.

Of course, none of this is ever going to happen because stupidity is a politicians greatest friend, while knowledge is his greatest enemy.

I hope this illustrated my views on the subject better, the other was made about 5 minutes before going to bed and was a bit of a clusterfuck, I didnt really bring any of the points across that I wanted too. Feel free to disagree with this too. Im always willing to change my views on a subject, if it seems plausible.
Actually, I basically agree with you and having nothing to add, now that you've explained it better.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
Some may not find this racist, but:

I was in the car with my sister and her friend (I didn't really know her) as a child and we were going through a neighborhood and there were some black kids playing around on the side-walk with chalk and whatever else little kids play with. I was just sitting in the backseat and all of a sudden, my sisters friend just comes out with:

"Look at those little welfare nigglets."

I was absolutely horrified, and I kept thinking they heard even though we were in the car. I still feel bad about even hearing it.lol. But this was some years ago, and to be honest, I haven't heard anything like it since. And I am certainly glad I haven't!!

Mudze

Jan 6, 2011
"Yes, well, you're white so you deserve it".

In before several people (and the majority of them will be Caucasian, oh the joyous irony) step in and start going on and on about the plight of black people/Asians/Semitics/Muslims and so on and how I'm a bigot for thinking it's anywhere close to the level of racism that gets directed towards them.

Newsflash people. Equality. It has a definition. It is not "White, non-religious males under the age of 18s are worse than all the disasters of the last five centuries combined".

On another note, I live in Australia. Reports of our racist tendencies have been greatly exaggerated. We do not have an issue with race here.

theblackmonk90

Sep 28, 2010
Racism is not exclusive to any country but it seems to be particularly bad in the US. I'm in the UK and haven't really experienced Racism. I've lived in Devon (the southwest rural county) Hull (depressed urban centre) and London (vibrant multicultural capital). I've heard cases in the news and 2nd hand accounts from friends, but not experienced anything terrble firsthand. the UK in my experience is not a particularly racist country.

loodmoney

Apr 25, 2011
I must say that this thread is much more civil than I had expected it to be. I must be spending too much time on YouTube.

Anyway, some examples from Australia:
-Some guys walking past the Social Sciences building at uni, where most of the Asian language classes are: "So this is where all the chinks hang out."

-Logging on to an Australian Ace of Spades server, I look at the chat and see "...real aussies...not chinks..." Such slurs continue the half hour I can stand to be there.

-I've increasingly noticed that one of my closest friends has no problem referring to anyone by any available racial slur. "Guido" has come up as a popular choice, presumably because of that television show that people seem to care about. Said friend also uses "gay" as a synonym for bad.

So not as extreme or violent as some of the other posts, but there is an ingrained and persistent racism that, once noticed, is everywhere.

BGH122

Jun 11, 2008
Gennadios said:
I'm Ukrainian
Hi five my Ukranian brother-from-another-mother. There's too few of us online, probably because most of us are too busy drinking vodka and thinking 'computer' is a word from a sci-fi film. There we are, there's some racism against my ethnic group for this thread.

I've never experienced any racism myself, but my mother was once accosted for 'being a Paki immigrant' ... Even though she's white. Skinheads aren't the smartest of people.

Colonel-Commissar

Apr 1, 2011
Me and my friends were heckled on the train for nearly an hour. Shouting at us to go back to China and learn to speak English.

Fact is, we've never step foot in China before and we were speaking English the whole time.

The guys could take it but the girls in our gang we're pretty upset.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
i worked at KFC and a Black guy came in and i gave him his meal it was all good i was nice to him and everything

BUTTTTTT

Then some girl came in and said 'Your a Racist' with a extremely confused look on my face i asked 'Why?'

Her response 'Well you gave that black man chicken' [facepalm]

another time i was walking past this group of Aboriginals and then this guy comes up to me and says 'you better check your pockets' and walked off

aenimau5

Dec 19, 2010
Dorian6 said:
aenimau5 said:
It was a terry tate video and this guy was commenting about and i quote "violent n*****s". fucking Unbelievable
Well it's understandable. Ninjas are a deadly threat to our very existence. (i can only assume that the guy was complaining about "violent ninjas")
I resent that accusation. Ninjas are law abiding productive members of our society brought down by a minority who refuse to obey the laws of physics

robot slipper

Dec 29, 2010
The most racist person I have ever met was my ex-boyfriend's brother (and indeed their mother was much the same). Here is a small sample of some of the things he used to come out with:

- he didn't think that black football players such as Defoe and Cole should be allowed to play for England because "they are not really English".
- he would say something along the lines of "how f***ing disgusting" every time he saw a white woman holding hands with a black boyfriend
- whenever he saw a black person riding a bike he'd say "probably just stolen it"
- whenever he saw a black person dressed in a suit he would say "just came from court"
- when my newborn son was in the paediatric intensive care unit, a nurse looking after him was wearing a hijab and he later commented that he wasn't happy that "some towel-head" was looking after him
- whenever we went into a shop and the cashier was non-white, no matter how well they spoke he would always come out of the shop saying "I couldn't understand what he was saying. He couldn't speak a word of English"

Trying to reason with him or get him to explain his "logic" was a joke. Regarding the black football players thing it would usually go like this:
Him: Defoe playing for England. What a joke. He ain't even English.
Me: He was born in London.
Him: So what? Look at him. Ain't English.
Me: You were born in London too, what makes you English and him not?
Him: He ain't English, he ain't white.
etc., etc.

Eventually I stopped trying to argue or reason with him, it was a waste of time. Theres not a lot you can do to change the mind of someone like that. As SmashLovesTitanQuest said, the only way to get rid of attitudes like this is to teach kids about it early on.

Canadish

Jul 15, 2010
I remember growing up in Malaysia, we had quite a bit of race/culture violence there.
It was pretty much a free for all. Of course, these were only a few folks.
The other 99% are the kindest people I ever had the pleasure to meet.
I'd do it a disservice saying I understood the whole situation fully, but divisions in class had a lot to do with it. Major simplification here, but;

Indian-Malay made up the working class.

Chinese-Malay made up the middle class.

The Muslim community was around all levels, but pissed off everyone because they got big tax breaks. Oh, and booze wasn't sold in all places anymore.

The White community seemed to have a mixed reception, as we were helping to build the country up, but between lingering hate of the British and worries about American business domination, there were a fair number who weren't happy.
Most of us were Canadian, and they loved us, so it was all good.

The top was whoever could make buddies with the corrupt government. Everyone hated them.

While I think it started as a issue of class, it eventually grew into a race issue with a few people.
A work mate of my father's son got into some gang violence, came back with a scarred face one night. I think that was when it was all at it's worst.
When I was back over there not long ago, the Government had set up some scheme called "OneMalaysia", meant to try convince the younger generation to all get on with each other.
Propaganda for it was bloody everywhere.
Problem is, the class issues are still there, so I don't see it helping all that much.
Plus, there's a growing Mexican community I heard, which adds a new group to the mix.

It's all pretty interesting if nothing else.

Jakub324

Jan 23, 2011
I think the word "******" has lost a great deal of its meaning. I also believe that the more we are shocked by racism, the more we widen the divide between races and remind each other of the difference. This means racism persists. If we really want to be rid of it, we need to either make sure everyone hates it from birth, or realise that racism is just a by-product of freedom of speech.