Worst reason you ever heard for not liking a band.

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
There's a reason I choose not to reveal most of the stuff I listen to. A majority of it's game music, but I swear, if I ever hear someone cal it "just a bunch of beeps and bloops", I think I may lose my mind.

I also refuse to voice my honest opinion of the music that people around me listen to, unless they specifically ask me what I think.

Silva

Apr 13, 2009
Good thread. There are few things that people are as irrational about as their choice in bands. If you're cynical of course, you could just say that people listen to music based on their social groups in total conformity 90% of the time, and leave it at that. I'm a little cynical, but I do see the occasional free spirit.

Anyway, I once said I liked Green Day, when I was 15. There was some "hottest 100" radio show we'd gathered to listen to.

My friends basically said: "Green Day's meaningless and they use nothing but power chords". I thought this was a pretty stupid thing to say, 'cause you could tell from the lyrics Green Day were pretty political, and I didn't think it made sense to talk about music being worse just because it's easier to play.

To be fair, I said the "meaningless" bit about their favourite band too. With my band, you could hear the lyrics, and I had yet to make out the Karnivool ones my friends liked until I read them later. If you can't even understand what a band is saying, it's probably a bit fair to say they're meaningless. That, or you need a hearing aid.

I grew to like that band too, and still do. I'm not that into Green Day now, though. 'Twas a phase, and I hadn't listened to much music in those days.

TundraWolf

Dec 6, 2008
jdog345 said:
TundraWolf said:
jdog345 said:
TundraWolf said:
Worst reason I've ever heard?

"They sold out."

I could literally rant about this for hours, but I won't, because I don't want to give myself a hernia.
how?
"How" what? How is it the worst reason I've ever heard, or how could I give myself a hernia talking about it?
How would you get a hernia? Nice avatar by the way. Bass FTW.
I'd just stress myself out so much, because it really pisses me off. I can't stand when people say that.

Thanks for the compliment. I'm actually get a tattoo of it sometime soon. Bass FTW indeed.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Shapsters said:
What do you want me to say here? People have opinions, if she doesn't like them for that reason, she an idiot, let her live her idiot life. Can't say anyone ever said anything as dumb as that, as I said people have their opinions.
Yeah, and we're talking stupid reasons that they give, not the psychology behind their choices.