Worst Song Cover Ever

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
What is the single worst cover of a good song you've ever heard? Every so often you find something so ear-rapingly bad that you have to declare it the worst. This thread is for those songs.

I dare you to listen to the whole thing without laughing.

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
Like hell I'm listening to that. I don't want to hear that song butchered.

I heard a cover Placebo did of Nirvana's All Apologies a while ago, and it was pretty damn bad.
I love Placebo, but...damn...

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
thurm said:
43 seconds. That's it; all i could take.
45. Suck it.

Although, in a terribly masochistic way, I want to hear what the vocals are like. I'll be back.

EDIT: OH DEAR GOD DON'T LET YOURSELF GET TO THE VOCALS

Arcticflame

Nov 7, 2006
Wow, that was the laugh I direly needed.

As for bad covers, I suppose

I don't care if it's a tribute song, and an obituary, it doesn't add anything at all to the original, it's a straight rip.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Avril Lavigne mutilation of System Of A Downs Chop Suey...

Miley Cyrus' raping of Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit...

Hilary Duff's abomination that is her cover of The Who's My Generation...

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Phlakes said:
thurm said:
43 seconds. That's it; all i could take.
45. Suck it.

Although, in a terribly masochistic way, I want to hear what the vocals are like. I'll be back.

EDIT: OH DEAR GOD DON'T LET YOURSELF GET TO THE VOCALS
OH GOD I THOUGHT THE GUITARS BROKE UNTIL I REALIZED IT WAS THE TUBBY ONE SINGING!

skywalkerlion

Jun 21, 2009

Oh god. It's not nearly as bad as the one you posted though, I only made it to like 22 seconds and I laughed really hard.

theevilgenius60

Jun 28, 2011
What Diddy did to Kashmir with his Come With Me on the Godzilla soundtrack always ranks highest with me just because Jimmy Page went along with it. Still makes me want to vomit

cuppajoe1687

May 29, 2011
Limp Bizkit's cover of Behind Blue Eyes is pretty weak. It's not as bad as all of your posts though (That all apologies cover is particularly horrendous.

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
That was the very first thing I thought of when I saw the title of this thread.

They just sucked all the life out of it. This song is about Jack's inner struggle to wrap his head around Christmas, and then the passionate triumph he feels when he thinks he's got it. It's about turmoil, passion, ambition, and discovery on a nearly psychotic level.

Nothing, absolutely NOTHING in their performance conveys any of that. It's as dead and dry as a bone. There's no feeling. No emotion. No passion. Nothing. It pisses me off that the band took the most emo, depressing shit imaginable on one of the best songs in the movie and they still let it onto the album.

Fanta Grape

Aug 17, 2010

It's just really pathetic... Ambitious cover of a classic

But I want to win this thread so...

EDIT:

Mackheath said:
Sorry, but I forgot to put this in;

Screw it. I don't have anything to top that.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Didn't the Jonas Brothers do a cover of a Beatles song? I'm going to go with it, i'd embed it but I don't know which song they covered so I don't know what to look for but i've heard it's extremely bad.