Worst Song Cover Ever

Varrdy

Feb 25, 2010
The Scissor Sisters' excrutiating rendition of the Pink Floyd anthem, Comfortably Numb.

I can never forgive them for this, which is a shame as I quite like some of their other stuff!

Wardy

II2

Mar 13, 2010
As far as bigger acts pissing on each others milkshake and then drinking it, I think Limp Bizkit's cover of Ministry's "Thieves" is at the top of the horrible heap.

----

Also, while it didn't get much attention from me one way or another, my friends big on New Order HATED Orgy's electro-numetal adaptation of their "Blue Monday".

TraumaHound

Jan 11, 2009
skywalkerlion said:
Even with all that cowbell there was no saving this cover, unless the goal was instructing one on how to un-rock a great rock song. And was it just my ears or was Celine's sidekick sneaking in some auto-tuning?

MapTa

Jun 2, 2011
Phlakes said:
thurm said:
43 seconds. That's it; all i could take.
45. Suck it.

Although, in a terribly masochistic way, I want to hear what the vocals are like. I'll be back.

EDIT: OH DEAR GOD DON'T LET YOURSELF GET TO THE VOCALS
1:15. If only I had read your post sooner.

Appleshampoo

Sep 27, 2010
This thread...just...

Depression...sorrow...

This thread is killing me, but I can't stop pressing play on every damn video posted. I must REALLY hate myself today.

The A7x cover I was like 'wtf, this isn't bad man that into guitar is sweet and it can-OHWAITWTFISHEDOINGNOOOOOOOO'. That first guitarist should just solo the whole song, in a different band, in another country. The singer sounded like someone kicked him in the balls.

And lol at that chick doing the Nirvana cover, I bet she claims she has bi-polar and punches people a lot. I'd still hit that though (if/when she's legal)

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I couldn't do it...it was horrible...Here's my entry but I doubt it'll match up to the shit sandwiches others have posted here...mine is more of a shit-n-cheese whereas everyone else brought in 6-foot party shit-subs.

as much as I love Cradle, I can't stand some of their covers...Hallowed be thy Name is another cover they did that I just can't stand.

Ratlover

Jul 17, 2011
Make no mistake about it, the worst I ever heard was Guns N Roses doing a cover of Sympathy for The Devil.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
TheNaut131 said:
Ahem, attention please. Gentlemen, you've all played well, but I win...check mate.

My sides hurt!!!! That picture combined with that....."cover" makes it incredibly hilarious.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
Appleshampoo said:
This thread...just...

Depression...sorrow...

This thread is killing me, but I can't stop pressing play on every damn video posted. I must REALLY hate myself today.

The A7x cover I was like 'wtf, this isn't bad man that into guitar is sweet and it can-OHWAITWTFISHEDOINGNOOOOOOOO'. That first guitarist should just solo the whole song, in a different band, in another country. The singer sounded like someone kicked him in the balls.

And lol at that chick doing the Nirvana cover, I bet she claims she has bi-polar and punches people a lot. I'd still hit that though (if/when she's legal)
Will this make you feel better?

<youtube=quZ5rE8ujcA>

technoted

Nov 9, 2009
I got all the way through it, I'd much rather listen to it again than ever have to hear Suicide Silence butcher Them Bones.

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009

Not exactly a cover but, this song samples the song of hard work.
This song is about him partying so much he DOESN'T want to go home. At least do it properly.

chris_ninety1

Feb 23, 2011
I'd heard about the Avril Lavigne-Chop Suey debacle before but never actually listened to it until the link at the start of the thread. Oh dear god that was awful. Shameful even.

My personal least favourite was the Sugababes version of Obsession. The original (and indeed pretty much any other subsequent covers) feature a guy singing one set of lyrics and a girl the other, because that's what the song is about (that and undertones of stalking and rape). When the Sugababes did it, all of them sung all of the lyrics, thus meaning none of it made any sense and making them sound like a bunch of skitzos. Also they sounded awful.

Kiraxa said:
A cover is the legal term for a band ripping off another band's song. Its legal as long as they make it sound different in some manner.
That's not right at all. If it's patently the same song with the same words, any band would get sued if they just plain 'ripped it off'. A cover is when an artist or band, having paid royalties to whomever the copyright holder is, records their own version of a previously released song. And they don't have to make it sound different, there are plenty of covers out there, particularly with todays contemporary music, that are practically identical to the original.