Worst song you've ever heard?

TheEarthSheep

Jan 9, 2011
Sir Thomas Sean Connery said:
TheEarthSheep said:
Sir Thomas Sean Connery said:
Kind of amazed no one has posted this.

All I can say is..... I'm so, so sorry.
First of all, someone actually did post that on the first page. Second, I don't understand the hate for that song. I just heard it for the first time, and honestly I had a pretty good time with it, in a Punk sort of way. It was very Clap Your Hands Say Yeah.
If you like it, ok I guess, but myself and most others find the singing to be terrible and every ounce of the lyrics and video to encapsulate the kind of tryhard CoD kiddies that infect so much of our culture.

Also I saw no such post on the first page and I still don't. Either I'm completely blind or it was deleted at some point.
Post #29.

cerealnmuffin

May 15, 2010
Whether you are religious or not, I think we can all agree that this song is awful. It is called "Christian Side Hug' which is a rap trying to convince people that regular hugs are too close to actual sex and thus evil.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
triggrhappy94 said:
shrekfan246 said:
Nelly Furtado, perhaps? Only artist I know with a song titled that, at least.

As for myself, I've heard plenty of songs I don't like and plenty I think are just bad, but what I think takes the cake is and always will be "Freaxxx" by BrokeNCYDE.

I saw them live once. They opened for a couple other bands (Haste the Day, Senses Fail and Hollywood Undead).
When they went on, they asked who was there to see them. Like two people raised their hands.
It was about what you'd expect. The pig was even there. The guy in the suit was supposedly high out of his mind.
Why did they open for such awesome bands such as Senses Fail and Haste the Day?

tsb247

Mar 6, 2009
Escapist, I am truly shocked. Either I have not read the entire thread thoroughly enough (entirely possible as it is pretty late where I am), or someone forgot to mention Rebecca Black. XD

That....

"Song"

is my number one worst song of all time.

You know, that one about that day of the week that I dare not speak of directly in this context.

Captcha: face the music - How appropriate. :p

Kaisikudo

Sep 30, 2009
Tossed the word "Shit" into Last.fm one day - and this is what the search produced for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09upNxTBnv8

On another note, here's a pretty awful song by a band that I actually like. I've tried to listen to it the whole way through, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Every time it comes on my iPod I immediately hit the skip button.

"Nemo" by Gobble Gobble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxbvkhX9ZIU

glider4

Mar 27, 2012
Kurt Cristal said:
So there's this entire genre:

Do I win?
eeeyup. When I first heard speedcore I could not believe it existed. It's like the grindcore of Dance Music

MisterGobbles

Nov 30, 2009
lacktheknack said:
<youtube=-oiMwSjqnLY>

why why why why why why why
Thank you for posting this, I find it both hilarious and absolutely mesmerizing. I enjoy noise music sometimes, and while this is completely ridiculous, it's also awesomeeeee.

Gabanuka said:

ITS JUST NOISE. THIS. ISNT. MUSIC!
This isn't an actual song by them, this is just a promo that was broadcast on television as part of an ARG of sorts to reveal their new album. Of course, actual Boards of Canada music can be quite ambient, but it's super relaxing. There's a snippet of a song in there, but I'm not sure whether it's sampled from something else they've done or made originally for the ad soundtrack.

OT: This comes to mind.

Hilarious and entertaining, for sure. There are some decent if generic riffs buried in this, but the rest of it is so annoying that it destroys any other value the music possesses.

Glongpre

Jun 11, 2013
Watching some of these has made me feel ill, and a little depressed. Those videos that are just noise have messed with my head. Why did you bring this on me OP, why!!!!!!!! The nyans are in my head!!! Awwwwwww!!!!!

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
MisterGobbles said:
lacktheknack said:
<youtube=-oiMwSjqnLY>

why why why why why why why
Thank you for posting this, I find it both hilarious and absolutely mesmerizing. I enjoy noise music sometimes, and while this is completely ridiculous, it's also awesomeeeee.

Gabanuka said:

ITS JUST NOISE. THIS. ISNT. MUSIC!
This isn't an actual song by them, this is just a promo that was broadcast on television as part of an ARG of sorts to reveal their new album. Of course, actual Boards of Canada music can be quite ambient, but it's super relaxing. There's a snippet of a song in there, but I'm not sure whether it's sampled from something else they've done or made originally for the ad soundtrack.

OT: This comes to mind.

Hilarious and entertaining, for sure. There are some decent if generic riffs buried in this, but the rest of it is so annoying that it destroys any other value the music possesses.
I liked the albums "Rage" and "Outlawed" by Attila, back when they were fun and the lead singer wasn't stroking his ego and there were more riffs and sweet vocals, now their music isn't fun anymore and it makes me sad.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Dangit2019 said:
Oh, and by the way, I feel like taking the piss out of my own fandom's music for some reason, so let's dump a few more turds out there:

You judge which is most shite.
Ahhh... brony music. Music mostly made by people who aren't good enough to get into the indie or mainstream scene so they make songs about ponies. The only "famous" brony musician I like is SoGreatAndPowerful, and I still think that he'd to much better if he just moved away and did some original work.

OT: I'm going to give another vote for "I whip my hair back and forth".

glider4

Mar 27, 2012
ToastiestZombie said:
Dangit2019 said:
Oh, and by the way, I feel like taking the piss out of my own fandom's music for some reason, so let's dump a few more turds out there:

You judge which is most shite.
Ahhh... brony music. Music mostly made by people who aren't good enough to get into the indie or mainstream scene so they make songs about ponies. The only "famous" brony musician I like is SoGreatAndPowerful, and I still think that he'd to much better if he just moved away and did some original work.

OT: I'm going to give another vote for "I whip my hair back and forth".
I actually like a lot of brony music. Silva hound, Alex S, Sim gretina and Archie are all great in my opinion. Also there is this song I heard played on the radio a few times and It's litterally so bad I'm surprised that even the avarage top 40 listener is listening to this

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010

I know it's a cover of a cover, but seriously. Malakah's version of The Dragonbourne comes was SOOOOOOO GOOD. Then fucking Christina Grimmie decides to 'cover' her cover and ruin it. Her voice is just utterly grating. I cannot stand her, or her music in general. I hate it.

Resetti's_Replicas

Jan 18, 2010
Drake has this songthat has a really loud buzzing noise. I have no idea which one and can't be fucked to listen to them. More than the worst song, it's the worst NOISE I've ever heard.

Sir Pootis

Aug 4, 2012
I found this new one, I don't know why, but it's just agonizing for me to listen to. I might just be weird, though.

game-lover

Dec 1, 2010
ROFL!!!

I'm sure I've read this thread before but today I decided to listen to a nice portion of songs mentioned.

Because I tend to like people that everyone hates: Justin Bieber, Chris Brown, Rebecca Black, Nickelback, etc. So I mostly expected that I was going to like most of what everyone put up here.

OMFG. That did not happen. The first page of this thread alone!!! One of the songs is just one guy talking in autotune while the other is screaming. Another is just screeching through a beat that sounds nice but doesn't go together. Can you say discombobulation?

Then there's the group who mixed alternative Rock and Metal in the same song. Yeah... that didn't mesh very well either. Better than the others though.

Gotta say, I never expected this to happen. I can say now I agree with the majority on some areas. Who would have thought?

glider4

Mar 27, 2012
MasterMasamune said:
Ratties said:
Did we all forget about Nicki Minaj. Her song, Stupid Hoe, is the worst piece of shit to ever grace my ears. All of her songs are the epitome of shit.
[http://photobucket.com/images/Nicki%20Minaj]

Luckily, nobody will give a shit about her in a couple of years. The bad news is that we will get another person just like her. If you seriously need an explanation as to why her songs suck, well then just chop off your ears. You have lost the right to listen to music.
I would like to point out that she also considers "boobs boobs boobs boobs lotta boobs" to be good song writing.

OT: Anything Will.i.am has made recently; "Scream & Shout", "#thatPOWER" (yes, the song's title contains a Twitter hashtag), and pretty much anything else on his album #willpower (the album name also contains a hashtag. Great). Though the worst thing to come out of any of these things was the "Scream & Shout" remix.

The previously mentioned "Blurred Lines" by Robin Thicke is a contender for the most musically boring pop song of 2013. If you pay close attention to the instrumentation, you will notice that absolutely NOTHING is going on. And, as many critics have pointed out, it also might be the most rapey-sounding song this year as well. Both versions of the video are shit, too.
Will.I.am is terrible in general. He has not talent yet is called a "genius" for using other people's talent to get where he is. He recently got in legal trouble for stealing Rebound by Arty and Mat zo. He didn't even give Mat Zo credit

A'tuin

May 6, 2013
This guy I knew "recommended" me Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music. Rolling Stone has reviewed the album as "nothing more than ear-wrecking electronic sludge, guaranteed to clear any room of humans in record time." I tried to listen one song that lasts 14 minutes, I literally had trouble breathing and this unexplainable anxiety after 1-2 minutes. The regular horror movie/game music got nothing on Metal Machine Music in terms of creating the "I want to get the hell out of here now" feeling.

I do not recommend clicking this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-Vy4VRRO30