Worst Story in a game Ever

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
Lukeje said:
Tetris. It's allegory on the state of the communist regime in the USSR was tired, predictable, and thoroughly dull.
http://files.sharenator.com/naughty_memes_tetris_Memebase_38-s500x738-182434-580.jpg
For everyone who questions the validity of Tetris's storyline.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Worst story ever is highly debatable.

However, best story ever:
Dont' shit your pants [http://www.kongregate.com/games/Rete/dont-shit-your-pants]

Drakmeire

Elite Member
Jun 27, 2009
Country
United States
Well Master Blaster has a Storyline so insanely bad it's awesome
Kid has a pet frog who escapes and runs into his backyard and jumps into a vat of nuclear waste (that I guess happened to be in his backyard). the frog mutates and runs into the sewers, when the kid chases it he finds a tank (in the sewer I guess) so the rest of the game is trying to hunt down your pet frog.

Greatjusticeman

May 29, 2011
Crackdown.

I don't even know if that should count. There wasn't even a story.

"You have super abilities, go kill thugs."

Daniel Cygnus

Jan 19, 2009
Actually, when I think back on my last post, worst =/= simple. If something's REALLY bad, it's because it took itself too seriously, even though it never should have. Shadow the Hedgehog is a great example of this. You are a game about a black cartoon hedgehog. Not a groan-inducingly gloomy dark avenger with guns and occasional swearing.

jpblade666

Dec 23, 2010
Smackdown vs Raw 2007, one of the stories is (brace yourself for it, I SAID BRACE YOURSELF) Candice Michele turns HHH into a girl with her magic wand while also changing edge's voice to some spanish guy's (hard to tell) and then turns him into the boogie man. HHH has to wrestle Candice until she'll turn him back into a guy and halfway through the feud he starts to check himself out in a mirror and playing with his chest and ass. Just look it up, its kind of hard to explain the whole story.

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
Nfritzappa said:
Ninja Gaiden II

does anybody here know exactly what happened in that game?
all I know is...that game was full of blood and explosions. Thats mostly it. And have to save thw world..from...something <.<

Feb 19, 2010
Call of duty modern warfare. all of them
call of duty black-ops.
Battlefield bad company 1 & 2
Battlefield 3.

reason: All together now kids!
COLD WAR FANTASIST WANK GAMES!

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Outcast107 said:
Nfritzappa said:
Ninja Gaiden II

does anybody here know exactly what happened in that game?
all I know is...that game was full of blood and explosions. Thats mostly it. And have to save thw world..from...something <.<
I played that game alot, and I can't remember...damn lol and I usually pay attention. There were demons...and boobs?

I think Final Fantasy X has a crazy ass storyline when you look at it. More than those games usually do which is surprising.

0_Insomnis_0

May 28, 2010
I didn't really like the story in Black Ops. Nazi Soviet brainwashing gulag plots to kill the president? Really? I don't think it was the worst ever, but it wasn't wat i was expecting. I'm really hoping MW3 is as fun as MW2 was. Just my opinion. Black Ops sure gave the tin foil hat folks something to think about though.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
thiosk said:
However, best story ever:
Dont' shit your pants [http://www.kongregate.com/games/Rete/dont-shit-your-pants]
And many lolz were had. Thank you, sir.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
Indigo Prophecy.

A great story is the only thing that could've saved that game. It had the opposite of that.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
Grinderbilly said:
mireko said:
Indigo Prophecy.

A great story is the only thing that could've saved that game. It had the opposite of that.
Did you at least have some pretty high hopes for it when it first started out? I mean, that scene in that restroom...damn.
Yeah, but that just makes the stuff with the magical hobos sting more.

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
Legendairy314 said:
When I think about it, probably Duke Nukem.

In a nutshell: Aliens took hot chicks, kill aliens.
That sounds like a sweet story. He had a totally valid reason to do what he did.

Pokemon...? It's a kind of fairy tale of slavery and gladiatorial combat. It may be bad in content but it had good delivery.

jpblade666 said:
Smackdown vs Raw 2007, one of the stories is (brace yourself for it, I SAID BRACE YOURSELF) Candice Michele turns HHH into a girl with her magic wand while also changing edge's voice to some spanish guy's (hard to tell) and then turns him into the boogie man. HHH has to wrestle Candice until she'll turn him back into a guy and halfway through the feud he starts to check himself out in a mirror and playing with his chest and ass. Just look it up, its kind of hard to explain the whole story.
That's only bad by American standards. It's actually kind of a tame and cliche story from a Japanese standpoint.
Actually, that sounds a bit like the story of the manga Kampher.