Worst Super Power Ever?

caelover

Apr 8, 2009
HellbirdIV said:
This has to have been said before, but "Heart".

Dear lord, "Heart".
what the hell is that one even suposed to MEAN? couldn't he have gotten lightning, metal, animation? what does heart even do?

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Tim Buck II said:
Trivun said:
Explosive diarrhea. Or the ability to remove your thumb.

50 points for reference, as I believe it's slightly obscure. And I want the cameo actor's name, too :)
Robot Chicken... Sylar.
Well, Zachary Quinto, but yeah. Well done, you get 50 points. I didn't think anyone would get it :)

reaper660

May 8, 2009
the power to give yourself a major speech impediment, and to stop your pee in mid-stream...indefinitely

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
Lexodus said:
Agayek said:
The ability to make my fingernails grow or shrink on demand.
Family Guy rocks.

Also: The Abbreviator! The power to make long words short and short words shorter!
That power already exists.

It the Internet prime frm o cmmicaion.

You get NOTHING

Jun 5, 2009
Immortality (from Cracked.com)

Okay, after the first, say, few hundred years, everything's still fine and well. You've seen a few generations of people live and die, and had this happen to your family. Oh well, they were likely douches you could live without anyway at some points. Companionship is companionship, or so you think.

Not so fast: You know how when you were younger (by human terms, a child), an hour seemed like forever to you? As people grow, their brain starts to perceive time differently. An hour feels like less time. Now extend that logic to a year, or a decade, or a century. This means that eventually, you will be completely unable to form relationships with human beings because their lives and deaths will flash past you like a tape on fast-forward.

Let's keep going into the future, since you're a sociopathic recluse and think you're still okay with this whole immortality thing. There are so many things that could go wrong with the planet, an asteroid strike, nuclear war, the LHC, but let's assume the planet somehow makes it through all that without being reduced to dust.

Five billion years from now or so, the Sun expands into a red giant. You survive the first roasting, but nothing else does. The Sun eventually rips planet Earth into rubble with gravity. So now there you are floating in outer space, drifting along, or getting a bitching tan at the heart of the Sun so you can pick up some killer alien chicks in the Andromeda galaxy if you ever get there (you won't).

Either way, a few trillion years later, the universe starts to really show its entropy. Every where is the same. No stars, no planets, no black holes, just an empty, cold mass of subatomic particles that can never come together again. And you, floating along in the void. Forever.

The_Chief

Jun 3, 2008
Darkside360 said:
Melting

MeltMan with the power to...erm...MELT!!!!

If you don't know what this is from I pity you.
action leauge. NOW!

The flesh
thunder girl
stinky diver
AND MELT MAN! WITH THE POWER TO... MELT!!

Tim Buck II

May 22, 2009
Trivun said:
Tim Buck II said:
Trivun said:
Explosive diarrhea. Or the ability to remove your thumb.

50 points for reference, as I believe it's slightly obscure. And I want the cameo actor's name, too :)
Robot Chicken... Sylar.
Well, Zachary Quinto, but yeah. Well done, you get 50 points. I didn't think anyone would get it :)
Got it as soon as I read it.

Zachary Quinto is one of my favorite actors, and Sylar being one of my favorite characters.

On topic, I think Alejandro's ability is the most useless ability ever, if it even exists.

And yes, I know, all of the ones I used are from Heroes. It's my favorite T.V. show.

Tim Buck II

May 22, 2009
You get NOTHING said:
Immortality (from Cracked.com)

Okay, after the first, say, few hundred years, everything's still fine and well. You've seen a few generations of people live and die, and had this happen to your family. Oh well, they were likely douches you could live without anyway at some points. Companionship is companionship, or so you think.

Not so fast: You know how when you were younger (by human terms, a child), an hour seemed like forever to you? As people grow, their brain starts to perceive time differently. An hour feels like less time. Now extend that logic to a year, or a decade, or a century. This means that eventually, you will be completely unable to form relationships with human beings because their lives and deaths will flash past you like a tape on fast-forward.

Let's keep going into the future, since you're a sociopathic recluse and think you're still okay with this whole immortality thing. There are so many things that could go wrong with the planet, an asteroid strike, nuclear war, the LHC, but let's assume the planet somehow makes it through all that without being reduced to dust.

Five billion years from now or so, the Sun expands into a red giant. You survive the first roasting, but nothing else does. The Sun eventually rips planet Earth into rubble with gravity. So now there you are floating in outer space, drifting along, or getting a bitching tan at the heart of the Sun so you can pick up some killer alien chicks in the Andromeda galaxy if you ever get there (you won't).

Either way, a few trillion years later, the universe starts to really show its entropy. Every where is the same. No stars, no planets, no black holes, just an empty, cold mass of subatomic particles that can never come together again. And you, floating along in the void. Forever.
You've got a point.

Although, if I live forever (Which I hope I do), I'd make sure my friends and family live forever, too, And I'd make sure that we always have something fun to do, and somewhere nice to live.

xXGeckoXx said:
DirgE Almighty said:
The ability to turn toast back into bread.
But if you burn it you could untoast it and try again...
It's still pretty useless.

Double post, I think.

EDIT: Yes, double post.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
Evil Jak said:
manaman said:
All of them. At least all the major comic ones.

You would be more likely to damage yourself with super strength. Or damage whatever you where trying to work with. Think of how much force you would be applying with the tiny little points that are your fingertips.

There is no way to be invulnerable without not existing.

Telepathy would be confusing as nobody actually thinks in clear defined words and sentences.

Living forever sounds great but might actually be the worst curse of them all.

Something like what Doctor Manhattan had sounds even better, the man is basically a god. Problem is he is still a man, and even worse then that he no longer has choice. Everything he has done will do and is doing he has already done. He lived his life of eternity in an instant.

Super speed would kill you with out being super tough. Flight would be useless without being able to go super fast, which again would kill you unless you where super tough.

Most would take so much energy out of a person that they would be rendered useless within minutes or seconds.

I guess the only ones that would not completely suck would be an advance healing ability, or telekinesis. I always for get about that one, but it would seem to be the only real major power of the comics world that does not suck.
What about... MAGIC?
Do I get sparkle fingers every time I make jazz hands? Cause if so magic wins.