Worst thing you've done to end an argument?

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Utterly destroying my opponent with the twin hammer blows of logic and reason, leaving them with no choice but to admit defeat and beg forgiveness for how wrong they were.

That's how I end an argument bitches!
Doesn't work with majority of people, at least around here. Despite being trounced logically, they always resort to insults once all their points have been made and countered. They are at least persistant. The more ignorant they are on a subject, the less likely they are to admit defeat.

In those cases, telling them I have an axe usually at the very least makes them pause for a second. At which point I unleash my troll smile and say, "U Jelly." Their simple minds can't process it and the enemy derp faces. At which point, the war is won.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
I tend not to get into arguments they are pointless.

Went through a stage when if it looked like someone was going to argue with me i'd just hit them in the mouth. Saved us both a lot of time. They would have just said something stupid and got punched anyway.

Same as some people above, i've used the "low blow" argument ender a few times when fighting has been out of the question.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I lie to them that I was going to leave. No it wasn't a relationship in anyway I just got into an arguement with my stupid friend and I just want them to stop it. We were in one of my friend house and I lie to them that I going to going to head back home early since I had enough of the arguement. They bought it and they shut up (they weren't really go friends).

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Don't know if it's the worst but one of the funniest has to be this time a guy would not shut up about his new car and how amazing it was and how much it had cost and the mods he'd done top it and bla bla bla for and hour. Eventually I called a friend with a tow truck and got him to move the thing to a different car park.

Dr Sauce

May 5, 2011
while playing a card game I started trying to give the person papercuts. I think they understod the rules soon after that :p

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
kebab4you said:
dogstile said:
After said hour, I got tired of it, thought to myself "fuck it, I may as well try" and casually dropped a hint to her boyfriend that she wasn't faithful. I wasn't lying by any means but I still feel like a dick and it ended the argument.
How is this low? If she was unfruitful her next boyfriend got the rights to know it...

OT: Block a person and have him blocked for a few days so he will forget about the argument we had.
She hadn't actually done it yet, but she was planning to... With me.

I mean, I wasn't going to but she kept telling me she wanted to and how she wanted to go get drunk with me in the woods. Not really my style. She hadn't done it so its a little low.

Not that I mind all that much, I just wish I was a little more classy about it.

Rhade Adama

Mar 17, 2010
My mother threw me out of my house twice because I refused to go to a community college instead of a university. Although, she was miserable with her boyfriend of 10 years and was taking out her frustration and anger on anything that moved at the time.

Mr. Google

Jan 31, 2010
BishopofAges said:
The Worst thing to end an arguement...

Don't know if it ended the arguement but it did bring everyone (including the opponent and one random person I ran over in the process) to my side to chase my opponent down with a large wooden chair, wielded one-handed.
You didnt answer...Im confused now. What did you do to actually end the argument?

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Well it wasn't a personal low but I felt that it was an appropriate, yet stupid, way to end one.

"You mad?" That shut up the asshole who didn't bother reading my argument and just kept throwing mindless profanities and insults.

Genericjim101

Jan 7, 2011
Feigned homophobia, said the ol' Big Lebowski line "I'm sorry I wasn't listening", or a paradoxical argument.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
My default reaction is to cry.
I have serious only-child syndrome so if it's not going my way in an argument I get pretty frustrated, quickly. My scale goes reasoning, arguing, yelling, insulting and if all else fails my default reaction is to cry.

I did it so much when I was a kid that sometimes it happens now when I don't want it to. I'll still be in phase two and the tears will come. It's never out of anger, or just to make the argument end, it's just pure frustration. It usually makes the argument end though.

AfroTree

Feb 21, 2010
Jack the Potato said:
Me and my boss were arguing over whether this new guy was a cop. I said he wasn't but the boss wasn't having any of it. He pulled his gun on the guy, so I pulled mine on him cause I knew there was no way the new guy could be a cop and he'd already been shot by some crazy ***** anyway. What cop takes a bullet for criminals? Anyway, the whole thing turns into a mexican standoff, and eventually everybody gets shot, including me. But I managed to survive as did the new guy, but he was in bad shape and I knew I needed to get him some help.

But then get this! After all I did for him, he tells me he really is a cop! I just killed my own boss for this asshole! Now the cops come in, but I don't give a fuck. I pull out my gun and shoot the traitorous bastard right in the head.
Damnit Mr. white.

I don't get into arguments, but when I do,I always end it on a bad move.

dicks, bringing me into arguements I had no need for. :(

littlealicewhite

Jul 18, 2010
I strangled my cousin (did no real harm) and said she was a selfish ***** that didn't care about her family, which is mostly untrue.

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
Jack the Potato said:
Me and my boss were arguing over whether this new guy was a cop. I said he wasn't but the boss wasn't having any of it. He pulled his gun on the guy, so I pulled mine on him cause I knew there was no way the new guy could be a cop and he'd already been shot by some crazy ***** anyway. What cop takes a bullet for criminals? Anyway, the whole thing turns into a mexican standoff, and eventually everybody gets shot, including me. But I managed to survive as did the new guy, but he was in bad shape and I knew I needed to get him some help.

But then get this! After all I did for him, he tells me he really is a cop! I just killed my own boss for this asshole! Now the cops come in, but I don't give a fuck. I pull out my gun and shoot the traitorous bastard right in the head.
I see what you did there. Very funny, good job.

I started saying "Calm down. Just calm down." over and over again until the argument was over.

That_Sneaky_Camper

Aug 19, 2011
Punch the person I was arguing with and then pushing them to the ground and then just walking off. Those damn teachers never did let me get away with anything.

lettucethesallad

Nov 18, 2009
Now this wasn't me, but my sisters once had an argument that ended with one of them burping the other one in the face.

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
Wow, you guys have done some pretty cruel/dumb/annoying/pathetic stuff...

The worst I've ever done to end an argument is dip a chicken nugget in a cup of coffee... and I was completely correct by the way.
Coffee does make everything taste better.