Worst thing you've ever tasted?

WhyBotherToTry

Jun 22, 2011
Some chemical I can't remember the name of. It was part of an experiment for the biology part of my college course because apparently the presence of a certain gene defines whether or not you can taste it. As it turns out, I'm what's known as a "super-taster". That stuff tasted like a flash-fried scrotum that had been marinated in excrement for about a week beforehand. And the fun part is, because of my being a super taster, I was still tasting it for, and I'm not joking, about 4 hours afterwards.

Vuavu

Apr 5, 2010
Well this isn't necessarily something you would eat normally... But my friend and I (out of sheer manly stupidity) decided to prove ourselves by each of us chewing a green tea supplement tablet instead of simply swallowing it like you're supposed to. Bad idea. It was the most PAINFULLY bitter thing I've ever tasted. And the taste just kinda stuck to my tongue for a few days. I won though because I didn't vomit :D

CruisingForBiddies

Oct 30, 2011
chickenhound said:
durian fruit
smells horrid like buring rotten garbage and tastes like raw onion ice cream

WHY DO SOME PEOPLE EAT THIS WILLINGLY

runners up would be vegimite and cat food (dont ask)
I would have to agree with you there, Durian is the most disgusting thing have ever tasted by a long shot. But don't ever insult Vegemite again...

NegaWiki

Oct 1, 2011
Tie between hot rubber and scratch and sniff paper. I thought the rubber was a chocolate bar (I was 8) and my brother told me a magazine made a new kind of edible paper. I'm ashamed.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
There was the this cactus outback in my backyard. I drank some of the water from it. I could not taste anything else for a week.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
There was some sort of flan like thing at a chinese buffet that looked kinda good. It wasn't.

Surpheal

Jan 23, 2012
The worst taste that I experienced randomly; liquid soap.
Don't look at me like that, I was about 7 at the time and it was a bright green color.

The worst thing I tasted on purpose; pretty much anything with alcohol.
When I was 8 I accidentally 'sampled' some of my parents beer, just about spit it out onto the floor. Last year in Rome I tried red wine and lemon cello(?) and damn near spit them out as soon as I did.

Johann610

Nov 20, 2009
Various poorly-cooked edibles come to mind, but only one "ingredient": Natto. Natto is/are fermented soy beans in a gluey paste that is spread on or near some things. It has a funky flavor, a mouth-roiling texture, and a color of death. I shudder even now to think what it was like in my mouth.

For some reason, durian reminds me of industrial lubricant that's been burned to death in machines but never changed, filtered, or cleaned out. Get past that, and it's pleasant enough.

Smeatza

Dec 12, 2011
Cheesestrings
I don't know what the hell that is but it certainly isn't cheese.

SH4DOWSL4Y3R

Jan 21, 2011
Enos antacid powder, tastes fine when mixed in water like you're supposed to, but by god don't ever try eating that shit.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
ReservoirAngel said:
EeveeElectro said:
ReservoirAngel said:
Vagina.

No, that's a joke. I've never sampled one of those.

Being serious, the worst thing I've ever tasted was, and I'm still not sure why I did this to begin with, a full pint glass of luke-warm chicken fat.
I will counter that by seriously saying sperm tastes yucky.
If I didn't have other more pointless shit to do I could so argue with that...
Let's just all agree that we all like the taste of whatever sexual organ we prefer to put our mouths on. A vagina belonging to someone with good hygiene practices is somewhat pleasant to me.

OT: By no means the most disgusting, but I was mistakenly given cranberry juice as black current juice. And I once poured salt on my cereal thinking it was sugar.

MightyMole

Mar 5, 2011
Chewing Tobacco Spit...

I was 7 years old and on a trip with my family. My Dad would chew tobacco and would often use our cups to spit in. I fell asleep after leaving a restaurant and had a half full cup of coke. When I woke up, I reached for a drink and... Well... He had poured it out and been using it for some time, apparently...

straymatter

May 1, 2012
I'd like to add uni/sea urchin to the list of terrible ideas for food:

[/spoiler]

And...

[spoiler][QUOTE=Binnsyboy][QUOTE=ReservoirAngel][QUOTE=EeveeElectro][QUOTE=ReservoirAngel]Vagina.

No, that's a joke. I've never sampled one of those.

Being serious, the worst thing I've ever tasted was, and I'm still not sure why I did this to begin with, a full pint glass of luke-warm chicken fat.[/QUOTE]

I will counter that by seriously saying sperm tastes yucky.[/quote]
If I didn't have other more pointless shit to do I could so argue with that...[/quote]

Let's just all agree that we all like the taste of whatever sexual organ we prefer to put our mouths on. A vagina belonging to someone with good hygiene practices is somewhat pleasant to me.

OT: By no means the most disgusting, but I was mistakenly given cranberry juice as black current juice. And I once poured salt on my cereal thinking it was sugar.[/quote][/spoiler]

... for your consideration:

http://www.couplescompany.com/Advice/Sexuality/Semen.htm

Mournful Crow

May 1, 2012
Okay, funny story coming up, so sit down, and enjoy the read:

We had a hick friend who enjoyed his dip... He would always come over to the house, grab an empty (or half-empty) bottle that was laying around, and spit his dip into that bottle...

I had a diet coke bottle that was still in use, unbeknownst to him. He grabs the bottle, spits in it, and sets it down.

I (later that day) grab the bottle, and took a giant gulp from it. I didn't realize what it was, until it was too late.

I rushed over to the bathroom, tried to throw up, didn't throw up, then grabbed some mouthwash, and poured some in my mouth... I accidentally swallowed the mouthwash, but at least I finally threw up...

A couple of days later, he comes over again, but this time I was prepared. I had, the day before, pissed in all of the bottles laying around the house, then poured them out, as an act of revenge against him... He never realized what I did, but at least I'll always know...

Mournful Crow

May 1, 2012
MightyMole said:
Chewing Tobacco Spit...

I was 7 years old and on a trip with my family. My Dad would chew tobacco and would often use our cups to spit in. I fell asleep after leaving a restaurant and had a half full cup of coke. When I woke up, I reached for a drink and... Well... He had poured it out and been using it for some time, apparently...
Aww, you too?...