Worst voice acting in a game

Yegargeburble

Nov 11, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
"The master of unlocking."
Some Resident Evil game.
It was like an aural holocaust.
Seeing "Master of unlocking" called an aural holocaust made me laugh to tears...

However, I think I'm lucky enough to say that Resident Evil has the worst voice acting I have had the horror of hearing.

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
RE1 BARRY: Jill sandwich ..master of unlocking...I HAVE THIS!!(shows off his magnum). With honorable mention of Richard and his dying snakebite speech. God i love that game.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
There's a JRPG, I don't remember what it was called, but it puts all of those to shame.

I really wish I remembered the name, but it was REALLY REALLY bad.

like, Resident Evil is A+ voice acting in comparison.

Castle Shikigami is pretty freaking horrible too, but iirc, this other game was worse.

DrummerM

Nov 24, 2008
Just a question: What exactly classifies as some voice acting as bad? What can be done to make bad voice acting good?

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Nostalgia said:
Wow. Not said yet?

House of the Dead.
I was scrolling down getting mad at everyone for not recalling this gem of the worst voice acting ever. How can you miss this game!?

"G's blood-stains!"

cj_iwakura

Mar 2, 2009
DrummerM said:
Just a question: What exactly classifies as some voice acting as bad? What can be done to make bad voice acting good?
Delivery. Most of what makes these games' VA bad is the way the lines are spoken.

Fumiko's VA in Shikigami 2 has talent. Some of her lines are spoken with actual emotion(a rarity, believe me), but the way she speaks some of her lines is just nonsensical.

Crooked...CASTLE?

willard3

Aug 19, 2008
I'm going to defy all fanboyism and say David Hayter as Snake. Seriously, the man cannot display any emotion whatsoever, when the games are supposed to involve dramatic romances and such.

He's better off as a screenwriter. For those of you who don't keep up with trivia, David Hayter wrote the screenplays for X-Men and X2, and also wrote Alan Moore's favorite Watchmen script. (they ended up using part of his and somebody else's)

timmytom1

Feb 26, 2009
There is no way i could say anything other than the original resi so bad,it`s incredible

Rossmallo

Feb 20, 2008
My second worst is probably Luigi in Super Mario Galaxy, if you can call his noises voice acting - he sounds like he's trying to pass a kidney stone every time he long jumps, but the worst by far is Resident Evil. Oh god, it burns...

Rossmallo

Feb 20, 2008
OH GOD, THIS LINE I JUST REDISCOVERED. The LOTR: Return of the King game had an AMAZING moment. In that underground ghost city, you fight against the Ghost King, and Aragorn, while hacking the crap out of him, starts yelling the whole "Fight for me, and I'll hold your vows fufilled, what say you?" Thing, but he doesnt get a response till the end of the fight.
And what a response it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9fQKXF7fKg - 4:50
...The line was so overdone it ripped the ruins apart o: