Worst Waste of Money on a Game.

PiggyGamer

Jul 22, 2009
At the moment, I'd have to say Mass Effect 2.

But only for now. Mainly because I haven't even removed the plastic yet.
And I don't see myself doing so for some time.
Not because I don't want to play it. Just the opposite, actually. I don't want to open it until I have time to become completely absorbed in the universe.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
The Galactic Edition of Spore. Please stop making this thread. There have been about 3 of these threads in the past week.

DivineSin

Dec 5, 2008
Halo 2 and 3 rank right up there with Spore on my list of waste of money games. But the winner, by far, is FF-X2. I can't decide what I hated more, the fact that I bought it at all or the fact that I beat it twice before I took it to gamestop.

ffs-dontcare

Aug 13, 2009
I wasted my precious dollars on these three horrific games:

- FEAR 2: Project Origin (yes, I'll never stop going on about how much I loathe that game)
- Far Cry 2
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Trying to be more careful nowadays.

Slaanax

Oct 28, 2009
gothsheep said:
I once bought Arcanum on the recommendation of a friend. When I told him I bought it, he laughed at me.

It was the laugh of someone who had just played a very cruel joke on me.
I loved that game, the biggest disappoint for me was Bioshock. It was fun, but it wouldn't let me pass a certain part so I hated the game. Wasn't good enough to play through first couple hours again for me.

Megawizard

Mar 24, 2008
FF12 & RE5. For 12 I'm practically at the end and have no desire whatsoever to finish it.For RE5 I'm about 3-5 hours in, and haven't touched since the first week I bought it several months ago.

Teburninator

Nov 5, 2008
Resistance 2: Collector's edition. I thought, hell resistance was good with some flaws, and its an Insomniac game(they make ratchet and clank which is pretty innovative) so it must have gotten better! 110 Canadian Dollars down the drain. I saw it in a tech store going for 40. My wallet cried out in shame. The collector's edition wasn't even worth the extra 40-50 bucks. I hope Insomniac repays my stupid loyalty with a free copy of resistance 3. SCREW YOU INSOMNIAC!

McBurks

May 8, 2009
Street Fighter 4,it wasn't a bad game but 2 months later it was being sold used in Gamestop for $20.Man was I pissed.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
night caster 2 short pointless game i sold the first one long ago and i still regret doing that

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Killzone 2, I TRIED to like it, I TRIED to play through it. I hated every second of it, I couldn't sell that game fast enough. It was horrible, none of my friends enjoyed it either, I tried to find SOME redeeming factor even if it was someone ELSE enjoying it. Nothing.

CNKFan

Aug 20, 2008
Tdc2182 said:
I would have to say Bad Company 2. Its not that its a bad game, its just that I never play it because CoD is alot more fun. They need to work out the kinks in the movement for that game.
If it is on 360 can I have? On topic it would have to be the like three copies of Hitman Blood Money I got before I got a working one. On the plus side if you ***** enough at Gamestop you'll get your money back.

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
LOTR: Conquest. Never has a game been that much of a let down for me

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
3 way toss up between
mercs 2
crimson skys for the xbox
and stalker

the first because it was buggy as hell and just not really fun
second because it was really really short and I didnt have my xbox hooked up online so any online action was out of the queston
third because for the life of my I cant get into the game, I dont think its bad but Ive played it like 4 hours and then shelfed it

I got these all when they were new so I was out a pretty penny for them all

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Final fantasy X-2. I bought it for something like $10 for laughs, but....wow, I just had no idea it could be THAT bad. That game had no redeeming features.

Warped_Ghost

Sep 26, 2009
Lost planet colonies edition. The colonies edition gives you all this sweet new stuff and gmaemodes but then doesn't alow you to play with people who own the original game. I couldn't play online because the only people who played the colonies edition were japanese citizens. My connection sucks with japan, I didn't know that before then.