Worst Waste of Money on a Game.

Composer

Aug 3, 2009
Portal: still alive
ya i know its portal but it was also 800microsoft points
800points i coulda spent on other games that lasted longer then 3hours

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
Latest Final Fantasy. The ONLY game I've given up playing early on (and I own many of the games mentioned in this list). Just too long and boring. Although apparently something happens after a few hours...

BigCat91

May 26, 2008
MW2.
Yea i liked it when the community still felt like CoD4, but when people began finding the hacks, became the hotspot for klan members, and everyone began camping i lost all interest because i always got frustrated. It really was a horrible sequel.

ThePurpleStuff

Apr 30, 2010
This Wiiware game called "Yummy Yummy Cooking Jam" (yeah, title sounds bad but its actually a cute looking game.) We spent 10 bucks on it and I'm still kicking myself for buying it, worst waste of money, ever.

samtheman

Jan 6, 2010
almost any wii game and probably when I got fallout 3 for my dad cause it was in german but I love the game its just we thought it would be in english

slayer542

May 27, 2009
DivineSin said:
Halo 2 and 3 rank right up there with Spore on my list of waste of money games. But the winner, by far, is FF-X2. I can't decide what I hated more, the fact that I bought it at all or the fact that I beat it twice before I took it to gamestop.
WHAT?! Common, seriously, Halo 2 was an amazing game! Halo 3's campaign wasn't as good but the multiplayer was VERY good.

Even Yatzee said halo 3 wasn't bad!

Ive heard crazy things but your post blew my mind. I hope your only kidding.

EDIT: I never bought a game that i thought was bad. I'm not kidding.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I always like what I buy. My only regret was buying "The Path" for $10, because it came out free on Gametap a week later.

Oh well.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
slayer542 said:
DivineSin said:
Halo 2 and 3 rank right up there with Spore on my list of waste of money games. But the winner, by far, is FF-X2. I can't decide what I hated more, the fact that I bought it at all or the fact that I beat it twice before I took it to gamestop.
WHAT?! Common, seriously, Halo 2 was an amazing game! Halo 3's campaign wasn't as good but the multiplayer was VERY good.

Even Yatzee said halo 3 wasn't bad!

Ive heard stupid things but your post blew my mind. I hope your only kidding.
A. I don't get it either, but Halo is a massive hate target on this site. Get used to it.

B. Calling people's posts "stupid" is a risky endeavour at best, probation and flame-war worthy at worst, especially on opinion posts. Consider editing your reply.

Otherwise, welcome to the Escapist! Enjoy your stay.

koriantor

Nov 9, 2009
Empire Total War.

As an RTS fan and a history nut (and a sucker for that particular time period) it seemed worth the 40 bucks I paid for it... It definitely wasn't. I played, oh, 2 or so hours of it before I gave it a rest.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
RC1138 said:
Welcome to the Escapist, add more than one item to your posts. You can get probation or even suspension over low-content posts.

Yes, I'm serious.

Kouen

Yea, Furry. Deal With It!
Mar 23, 2010
Commando's Collection on steam.... Its not an action game like advertised >.<

Lolth17

Queen of the Underdark
Nov 10, 2009
Prototype and FFXIII. I only made it through about 2 hours with each of them before giving up and selling them, and usually I'll finish even the sh*ttiest of games just for completion's sake.

Soulfoodman

Dec 20, 2009
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows. I'm a fan of Spider-Man, but this game sucked. So repetitive it hurt.
Still looking forward to the new Spidey game coming out.

Oh yeah, and Prototype. Utter garbage.

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
I rented Killzone 2 and actually paid for it, which is rare for an employee at a video rental store ^^ Lol...but it was the biggest waste of money I EVER spent and wish I could have taken the rental back :p

Mortons4ck

Jan 12, 2010
Deus Ex
Fallout 1 & 2
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura

I managed to track down copies floating around on E-Bay/Amazon in 2007. Then the amazing digital distribution revolution of old games rolls around in 2008. Oh well, I'm only out maybe $15. Great games by the way, but still sore on paying more than I had to.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
For me it's Brawl. I knew it wouldn't live up to Melee but I gave it a shot anyway and found it a lot worse than I thought.