Would Psychics have any other uses apart from military?

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
TheFacelessOne said:
You can use it yourself! You can use it to decide whether or not your belly flop in the pool with give you welts depending on calculations based on your velocity.
Or you can use it for revenge against your annoying music-blaring sister, again, using calculations based on the velocity of the Piano dropped from the third story to find out how deadly it will be.
Ahem.

Psychics,not physics.

RedDiablo

Nov 8, 2008
Lawmaking. Instead of wasting taxpayer's money, just hire a psychic and solve all legal issues.

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
Surgery I would think, helping mentally ill people, helping catch criminals, translators, fighting for and/or against magneto...

lots of things for them to do

TheFacelessOne

Feb 13, 2009
Fniff said:
TheFacelessOne said:
You can use it yourself! You can use it to decide whether or not your belly flop in the pool with give you welts depending on calculations based on your velocity.
Or you can use it for revenge against your annoying music-blaring sister, again, using calculations based on the velocity of the Piano dropped from the third story to find out how deadly it will be.
Ahem.

Psychics,not physics.
Ah, excuse my misread. I'm doing that a lot today...

Still, you should keep thos suggestions in mind...

ZombieVictor

Apr 29, 2009
Fniff said:
I thought up this idea that psychics were discovered in the 50s by the Russians,causing an alternative history where psychics are accepted and used for many things.

The problem was that I had no idea what other use psychics would have.

What do you think would be a purpose for psychics apart from military uses?
This is a horrifying idea. Giving the Military access to true psychics is you basically giving up every single right, and freedom that you once had.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
TBH, people would never accept those with "powers". The reality of what would happen is what I really wanted the show Heroes to create, but they just assumed NOONE ever found out.

In reality:

Some power-people would start crime sprees, many people could be possibly killed
Those in the military found to have powers would be used in speacial operations
Some would be tested (not experimented/operated on) to determine the cause of powers
Children with powers might be taken into protective care
Parents might call for children with powers at their kid's school to be withdrawn, or withdraw their kids themselves
A new kind of power struggle would rise between nations with power-people
Some people would dress up like superheroes and try and do the things they do in comics
Some people would lynch "freaks" in their neighbourhood
There would be massive protests and campaigns across the world, for superhuman rights or superhuman discrimination/experimentation/euthination

That would be an incredibly intresting show...rather than the meh of Heroes

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Fniff said:
Helping people with psychological problems such as those with a bad past, suffering depression, phobias, etc.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Have you seen Minority Report? Yeah. There you go.

Otherwise, psychic police and psychic psychologists would be pretty good. And they could tell you what's wrong instantly, they'd make excellent GPs...

Fniff

Apr 15, 2009
Terramax said:
Fniff said:
Helping people with psychological problems such as those with a bad past, suffering depression, phobias, etc.
Hm...

How do we know this won't cause the Psychic to go insane?

People are scary,man...

KarumaK

Sep 24, 2008
Fniff said:
I thought up this idea that psychics were discovered in the 50s by the Russians,causing an alternative history where psychics are accepted and used for many things.

The problem was that I had no idea what other use psychics would have.

EVERYTHING.

Absolutely everything would be more efficient with psychics.

I'd use them as Lawyers, Cops, Counselor, and teachers for starts.