Would you become veggie to help save the planet?

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
search bar approved!

It is believed that due to the harm livestock has on the environment due to methane that if we all turned veggie, there would be less demand for meat, therefore less livestock which would reduce methane and would help save the planet from 'climate change'. so, would you become a veggie in order to help save the planet? of course, on the flip side, this would put a lot of butchers out of business, delivery drivers would be out of a job and cattle farms would shut down. all of these would increase unemployment, but then less lorries would mean less petrol and less fumes.
so what do you think about this? are you now going to become veggie or is it all a load of crap?

(source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/food_matters/meatethics.shtml)

FolkLikePanda

Apr 15, 2009
Where would all the cows go though? Wouldn't they just keep on breeding and breeding and breeding and breeding until they are one mass methane cloud, then again I don't beleive in global warming.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
No. From my cold, dead, bloody meat covered hands. Interestingly though, this might be the only reason I might actually consider becoming vegetarian for. It's still about as likely to happen as a black man being President a gay, asian, atheist, disabled, gun-hating pacifist becoming U.S. President.

Jun 11, 2008
Well being veggie would help and it would mean a lot of people would have to change careers but there is more other stuff that could help so much more as well that would not result in job loss and then this idea of everyone being vegitarian could be phased in over a few years.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
You mean vegetarian? No, I would not. I hate this planet. Let it go boom.

arc101

May 24, 2009
FolkLikePanda said:
then again I don't beleive in global warming.
I am so very tempted to send you about 90 page of scientific papers to you that pretty much prove it

OT: I am veggie and I think its just fine

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
The human body is not designed to eat only vegetables and plant matter. We need certain proteins and nutrients that are only available in meat. And everyone becoming vegetarian would not keep the animal population down. In fact, it would overpopulate in areas. I have abandoned the stupid little things that people say will save the planet, because the odds are that it won't.

"The Earth's been here for over 4 billion years, and we think a little plastic is going to destroy it?"--George Carlin

FolkLikePanda

Apr 15, 2009
arc101 said:
FolkLikePanda said:
I am so very tempted to send you about 90 page of scientific papers to you that pretty much prove it

And which I would not read because I'm a lazy methane producing fat slob.

ArcWinter

May 9, 2009
Eating only vegetables to save the planet? Nah, I'd rather just eat all the cows to stop the methane instead. If our grandchildren survive, my grandchildren will eat yours for breakfast! Take meat loving one step farther - Cannibalism! It's the cool way to piss off PETA.

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
Global Warming is a crock of shit. Global climate change, however, is very real. The globe is changing all the time, and it has been doing so for billions of years. It isn't going to stay static. In fact, the earth has been cooling over the past number of years, so I wouldn't worry about it.

arc101

May 24, 2009
FolkLikePanda said:
arc101 said:
FolkLikePanda said:

You know what, I want to argue with you, but you made me giggle,so I shalln't

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009
No I would not, I would rather the world heat up and flood than stop eating meat because it is just the most delicous thing I have ever tasted. Also if we do this, we must mass slaughter alot of herds of cows or they will keep breeding and who will object to that? Alot of people I presume , mostly PETA I guess.

FolkLikePanda

Apr 15, 2009
arc101 said:
FolkLikePanda said:
arc101 said:
FolkLikePanda said:

You know what, I want to argue with you, but you made me giggle,so I shalln't
Thank you hopefully not PeTA supporting person but still a veggy so I will be friends with for the enternity of the internets life *hugs*

arc101

May 24, 2009
Fbuh said:
In fact, the earth has been cooling over the past number of years, so I wouldn't worry about it.
No it hasn't, we have had an average, worldwide change of about 1.3degrees Celsius...increase. However, you are right.Climate change is inevitable through out our history. Also, Britain is one of 3 countries that shall get colder due to global warming, so I hope it's bollocks

Mardy

Apr 7, 2009
Nope, someone's got to keep the cows alive. They're rather dependant on humanity, aren't they?