geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Crowghast said:
geldonyetich said:
"-less due consideration in order to facilitate a positive answer"
I don't get it. Extrapolate?
In other words:

Give it less due consideration = Think about it less
In order to facilitate a positive answer = So I can give you a solid "yes" answer

But looks like I assumed too much, you'd be content with sitting on the fence, which is good because that's where I'd prefer to be because the whole "fictional" trapping leaves too many things up in the air.

After all, if anything you can imagine can enter the picture from outside of what we know about the character in the transition from fiction to real, in order to flesh out the necessary details to make the character properly three dimensional to exist in a sense that you could date it, then there's a lot of monkey wrenches that could be thrown into the mix. In an extreme example, lets say the lore kinda forgot to mention the character is a black widow - ouch! That would be a, "no."

On the other hand, lets say we change the scenario to include the condition, "absolutely nothing negative exists about this fictional character that you don't already know." Then the question sort of changes. It's no longer, "would you date a fictional character" but rather "would you date your dream girl?" Well, duh, that's a no-brainer, right?

In a third scenario, lets say would you date your character in the same sense that this Japanese man married a character out of a dating sim [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/96341-Japanese-Man-Marries-Videogame-Girlfriend] or this Korean Man marries his anime body pillow [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.179082-Korean-Otaku-Marries-Anime-Body-Pillow]? Well, that sort of puts a different spin on the question... uh, no, I don't think I'd do that. If nothing else, because it would make signing official papers asking for information related to my spouse rather awkward. "Yes, that's her over there on the couch - no, no, you're looking past her, she's the body pillow - that's right, she gets my half my possessions from this messy divorce we're having." Or even worse: "Oh, wow, I didn't know felt that way about me, and I've always liked you but... sorry, I'm married to that body pillow."

The Free Wind

Jul 12, 2010
Xion from KH, because she looks REDICULOUSLY like a girl I know that I like. We would go to an island and talk about life.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
FIrst choice would probably be Nagisa, from Clannad. 'Cause... well, watch the anime, you'll see. She's freaking adorable. As for a date... I'm honestly not sure. I'd probably just try to find some episodes of the Dango Daikazoku and we could watch them together while eating those Dango-shaped treats.

Second would be Katara, from Avatar: The Last Airbender. 'Cause she's a badass. Seriously. She's awesome. We would go to a lake and weird people out with waterbending. Just mess with people. It would be awesome.

Carlston

Apr 8, 2008
Sure.

Nico Robin.

Sexy, smart, and the most dangerous assassin in the world.

Did I mention she can grown any body part off any surface... of the possibilities.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
I'd date Orihime Inoue from Bleach any day.
I'm not sure where i would take her, not sure it would matter though. As the romantic fool i like to think i am i would be eternaly happy just to be with the girl i like and rather let her pick any place she wanted to go.

Haunted Serenity

Jul 18, 2009
Cody211282 said:
Leliana from Dragon Age, mostly because I have a thing for redheads, and church girls(corrupting them is fun).

We would stay in eat pizza and watch movies, maybe go mini golfing.
Haha Summed me up in a heart beat. Ah the lure of magic to the liberty starved church goody goods.

If i had to pick my own probaly Willow from buffy. But not lesbian, bi sure but i want to get somewhere eventually. magic meets magic.

kannibus

Sep 21, 2009
After much deliberation, I would most definitely date Honor Harrington. It's just too damn perfect not to. After all, I'm a engineer in the navy and she's a command officer and if you look at the relationship captain's have with their engineers, it's pretty much a marriage anyway.

Where would I take her for a first date? Start out in the officer's mess, then a night out on the town including maybe a rather upscale pub, a bit of dancing and finally a walk on the beach.

Skeleton Jelly

Nov 1, 2009
Hmm, if they were real, yes.

But would they actually want to date me or any of you?

Pffffftahahahahahahaha.

No.

Martic11

Jul 24, 2010
This may be a bit of a long list... Get over it -.-

Saber: Fate stay night. -She's a sword weilding boomheadshotting hotty with a great personality. Win.

Yuna: FFX. -My first RPG. Loved this story and the characters. (Minus Lulu. She scared me.)

Kallen: Code Geass. -Red head ace pilot with an attitude. <3

Winfrey: FMA:Brotherhood. -Mechanic chick....Nuff said.

Kanade: Angel Beats. -Provided of course there was no Hand Sonic involved, this would be very pleasant.

Aeris: FF7. -Do I really need to explain this one?

Tifa: FF7. ~See Above~

The list continues...But...I've started to realize just how akward it is to post up every false person I've had living in my mind for these years...I think I'm going to go get some help. Thanks Escapist.

drunkirishman

Oct 6, 2009
Miranda Lawson from ME2, but i don;t think i have that kind of game, i mean if Jacob "the priize" Taylor couldn't keep her around than what chance do i have, id just end up getting biotic slammed into a wall.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
1. April Ryan, and I'd take her on a romantic date in the Dark People's forest, maybe having a candlelit dinner under the stars, or sitting and talking in the Great Library. Actually, if it was all during Dreamfall instead then I'd probably end up cheating on her with the new White Dragon (in her human form) if we went there...

2. Misa Amane (don't look at me like that, you would too...). I'd probably take her somewhere where Kira didn't exist, to avoid the whole jealousy issue on her part, then to a place with absolutely zero crime tolerance. Maybe Megacity One...

3. River Tam. And I'd probably just take her to the theatre or something. Just anywhere romantic, as long as it doesn't have TV screens playing Blue Sun commercials... :p

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
You cannot, it implies on a courtship with sexual intent. What you can do is go on a fictional date and masturbate later.