Would you kill the Joker?

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
rhizhim said:
cant we, you know, just cripple him for life?

not beat him to pulp but really just cut off his arm and legs.
Because this is the DC Universe, where they sell robotic limbs on every street corner. Do we really want a cyborg Joker?

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
So.........here is a 3rd option that I never hear before.
Of course if a hero do this, he/she don't deserve to be called a hero.

*I will forget for a moment I am huge fan of the Joker in the movie "Dark Knight"*

If I had the power to catch Joker...........oh boy, I wouldn't kill him.........no.....killing him will bring to him satisfaction.
But having him for years inside a cell and do the most unthinkable things to make him suffer.......oh joy for me.
I would made him wish to take a f*cking gun and kill himself. But I wouldn't. I want to torture this bastard.

Pull of a tooth from his fake smile.
Drill a rusty nail to his sinful flesh.
Burn his rotten flesh.

Every.SIngle.Day.Keeping.Him.Alive.Until.I.Die.

My friends, we don't need a hero to make Joker a good boy.
We need someone that enjoy every single moment he make Joker unhappy.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
McMarbles said:
rhizhim said:
cant we, you know, just cripple him for life?

not beat him to pulp but really just cut off his arm and legs.
Because this is the DC Universe, where they sell robotic limbs on every street corner. Do we really want a cyborg Joker?

Here a good idea [and mine of course]:

Wipe out his f*cking memory.

I am not a huge fan of DC universe, but I think at least one hero/villain have the power to manipulate or erase the memory of a human being.

ThePenguinKnight

Mar 30, 2012
Klumpfot said:
What if you don't kill him, but break him? Destroy his arms, legs and mouth and make him dependent on regular medical treatment. It'd be incredibly cruel, sure, but he'd live and he'd be almost entirely neutralized.
Pretty much where I was going to go with this, killing him seems to simple.

Silverbeard

Jul 9, 2013
Would I slot the Joker?
No, probably not. But I would certainly help arrest the Joker. With everything he's done, there's no jury in any NATO aligned country that would not sentence him to execution. Assuming that the prison system that takes responsibility for the J is not staffed by a legion of thoroughly incompetent morons, the Joker will get fried on the hair or face a firing squad before the year is out. Cremate the remains and throw what's left into the sea and let us all bid farewell to the nutter.

TheCommanders

ohmygodimonfire
Nov 30, 2011
Yep. Definitely. Sure he's fun and entertaining to watch, but if I was in universe, I would kill that insane psycho without a second's thought. Because he isn't going to stop. Ever. And not killing him - knowing that - is tantamount to sanctioning every murder he commits from that point on.

SweetShark said:
I am not a huge fan of DC universe, but I think at least one hero/villain have the power to manipulate or erase the memory of a human being.
I'm pretty sure someone tried that, and it didn't stick - he's too insane. I think you're forgetting that this is comic book land, where non-lethal ALWAYS equals non-permanent when it comes to dealing with villains.

Qwurty2.0

Apr 21, 2011
Assuming killing him would be permanent and that not killing him would eventually lead to him healing or making whatever non-lethal option you chose irrelevant, then absolutely.

Anyone who says they wouldn't is either stupid or selfish (not trying to be an asshole, just stating my opinion). They're stupid because they believe they could permanently cripple or contain the Joker, or they're selfish because they would rather let a crazy psychopath, who is surely going to kill countless more innocent people, go free rather than compromise their "values" or "principles".

Not to mention, if he wakes up he will probably find out you saw him, chose to let him live... and then would kill you for the lulz.

GroovySpecs

Feb 23, 2013
Yes, I'd do it, I couldn't live with myself if I let him live and he wen't on to kill people I cared about.

Jimmy T. Malice

Dec 28, 2010
An ordinary person just happening to have the chance to kill the Joker and then taking it would actually be a really interesting story for Batman comics/whatever.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
No

Death never seems permanent in that universe. If and when he revives he would remember what I did and direct some of his plans at me.

Pyrokinesis

Dec 3, 2007
Dont see why you wouldnt its not like he is a maybe criminal who has not committed any crimes and may change. Hes an obvious criminal, who has already committed mass murder, and clearly has every intention for striking again. For anyone who dares say do not kill him Ill ask you this. How would feel knowing you let him go, and the next day your whole family was one of his casualties. You could have saved all of their lives if you had just ended the rein of a clearly mad man. For me it does not even have to be that personal because I can comprehend that someones family somewhere suffers when a mad man goes on a killing spree. And ending a mad man who clearly wants to go on killing sprees is saving the lives of many at the cost of one, not very worthy soul.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Under normal circumstances I would, but under the circumstances that you listed (Me and him alone with me holding a gun), I don't think I could do it. I would definitely hold him there till the police arrive, but I couldn't just straight up kill him when he's doing nothing, and has nothing to defend himself.