Would you like the next Elder Scrolls game to focus on Elsewyr or Black Marsh?

AntiChri5

Nov 9, 2011
If it's a choice between Elseweyr or Black Marsh, definitely kittyland.

Everything i have read about Black Marsh tells me it is a fun cool setting to read about, but it would be an annoying one to play through. It's all swamps and disease and paralysis.

Glongpre

Jun 11, 2013
Tom_green_day said:
Well both of these are much smaller than Skyrim as areas in Tamriel, so I wouldn't be surprised if they linked both of them in some way in the same game.
If choosing one, I prefer the Khajit so Elsewyr.
What? You do know Morrowind only featured the island and not the whole province. Therefore, I don't see why them being small has any significance.

That said, Elsewyr because I am intrigued after seeing the mod Moonpath to Elsewyr(I think). Although I do enjoy argonians...

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
spartandude said:
As a Dunmer player, you are nothing more than a slave.
As Khajit player, you're nothing more than a talking meal...

I really want to see Elsewyr and Black Marsh in the next game. Deserts to Jungles to Swamps to lands so hostile outsiders can't even enter under normal circumstances. In Skyrim they get the short end of the stick with the Thalmor, the next game is ripe for the main plot (or sub plot) to be a beast race rebellion. It's not as if beast and elves have ever been at each other's throats before right?

I'm not sure Bethesda is brave enough to make a whole game centered around non-human races and characters though. The Dunmer of Morrrowind were still close enough to to normal (and a decade and a whole scale of sales away), Morrowind: Furry (or scaly) edition might be a hard sell on the mass market.

But still, jumping from tree to tree, murdering wandering Elves in the night and serving them up come the morning, what's not to like?

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
I love Argonians slightly more than the Cats.

Also, the Argonian Account was my favorite book series in the games. I went out of my way searching shelves to try and find each volume. And they made Black Marsh sound quite interesting. I was thinking they could use the weird tuber-worms they mention in the Argonian Account as a separate means of transportation in the game.

Though, honestly, either would be cool. Lush jungles and dusty badlands sounds neat, too.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Tom_green_day said:
Well both of these are much smaller than Skyrim as areas in Tamriel, so I wouldn't be surprised if they linked both of them in some way in the same game.
If choosing one, I prefer the Khajit so Elsewyr.
It doesn't have to be that way. They could still make it a single province, but make the game closer to realistic scale. Skyrim is big, yes, but an Elsewyr map could be even larger by making the scale bigger.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Why not both? I'm serious, there's not exactly a whole lot of land/water separating them so I don't see why not. Though if I had to choose only one I would choose Elsewyr.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
Black Marsh. Since the Argonians are a power now, I figure it could make for could political intrigue.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
The7Sins said:
Elsweyr? YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!!!!! Bethesda take my damn money. All of it.

Black Marsh? Hell no. I hate swamps and marshes which is the majority of that province. Nothing against the Argonians as they are one of my favorite races. But there homeland is boring to me. Unless the game has some neat mechanic or enemy I'd wait until the Game of the Year edition + Steam Summer Sale to make it all low before I buy.
Black Marsh may be bland in landscape, but reading the lore it all but makes up for it with the sheer amount of diversity in enemies and people living there.
It will also be interesting to see how and why there is so much tension between the Khajiit and the Argonians. Strange how the two races that are often deemed as subhuman for the simple fact that they are both beast in appearance have hate towards each other.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Oh wow, excellent idea. Combination would be great, but I've always been partial to the Khajiit race.

electric_warrior

Oct 5, 2008
I played the Moonpath to Elsewyr mod and, given actual developer input, I reckon Elsewyr could make for a very good setting.

edit: I'm rooting for the Summerset Isles or high rock. Mostly Summerset

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
spartandude said:
RaikuFA said:
Black Marsh just because I love Argonians. IMO they're the best race.
As a Dunmer player, you are nothing more than a slave.

OT personally i would really like Summerset Isles. seeing Altmer society would be really awesome, especially seeing things from the Thalmor point of view. yes they are dicks in skyrim but if we were seeing it from the other side, the empire would look like the bad guys
IMO this was the biggest failiure in skyrim's writing, they had an all bad all the time bad guy without showing anything else.
As an Argonian player, how's living around a volcano doing for ya Darky?!

OT: Chock me up for Black Marsh. I want to see this new Argonian empire that happened between Oblivion and Skyrim.

Oct 2, 2012
Black Marsh all day everyday. Argonians are one of my favorite races and I've been in love with Black Marsh since I read the Argonian Account books.
I also want to maybe converse with a Hist tree, or at least see some more of them.

ShiningAmber

Mar 18, 2013
I would love to see Elsewyr.

Huge sprawling deserts, dunes, lagoons and jungles. Visually, I think that alone would be awesome.

TheWanderingFish

May 1, 2013
Personally, I'd love to see something in Summerset Isle, but if I had to pick one, I'd say Black Marsh. I play as a Dunmer, so I think I would find a lot of the lore interesting.

Also, I want to take several copies of The Lusty Argonian Maid and distribute them amongst the townsfolk.

Arrogancy

Jun 9, 2009
Dragonbums said:
Capitano Segnaposto said:
Neither. I want Bethesda to make it hundreds of years in the future so I can fly an Airship. I want a Huge Game, with Airships.
If I remember correctly all Elder Scroll games take place hundreds if not thousands of years after the last installment.

There is a Skyrim mod called Moons to Elsewyr that did indeed involve airships. However that is more fan canon than a probable legitimate technology leap.
If I'm not mistaken, Morrowind was only a few decades before Oblivion, both took place in the lifetime of Uriel Septim VII, the last Septim Emperor. He was only 87 when he died.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Arrogancy said:
Dragonbums said:
Capitano Segnaposto said:
Neither. I want Bethesda to make it hundreds of years in the future so I can fly an Airship. I want a Huge Game, with Airships.
If I remember correctly all Elder Scroll games take place hundreds if not thousands of years after the last installment.

There is a Skyrim mod called Moons to Elsewyr that did indeed involve airships. However that is more fan canon than a probable legitimate technology leap.
If I'm not mistaken, Morrowind was only a few decades before Oblivion, both took place in the lifetime of Uriel Septim VII, the last Septim Emperor. He was only 87 when he died.
I see.
Excuse me for my ignorance on that part.
I kind of started at Oblivion so I was under the impression that it was common for Elder Scrolls games to take place centuries apart from each other.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Black Marsh because I love argonians. They got really badly neglected in Skyrim and I think they need to make up for it. Besides that, think of all the cool enemy opportunities! We'll have less traditional enemies and more crazy tentacle monsters and giant insects!
Also, Black Marsh would make for a much less ventured, nasty, mysterious landscape.