Would you like the next Elder Scrolls game to focus on Elsewyr or Black Marsh?

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
ShinyCharizard said:
Elsewyr would be pretty darn cool. Although I'd really like to see a game set in Akavir.
What is Akavir?

It's been said a couple of times in this thread.
I want to say the Orc homeland but I could be wrong.

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
From Skyrim it looks like then next ES is going to be in Summerset Isles (maybe with some Valenwood too).

The other races are going to have to put down whatever Devil the Aldmeri Dominion has made deal with to stop him/them taking over all of Tamriel.

Unless they do a very big history jump because the Aldmeri Dominion is a very big thing to just skip over.

If I had to choose between Elsewyr or Black Marsh though, I'd pick Black Marsh.

Just because the game would be very Dark Brotherhood, as assassination and spying is the big thing in Black Marsh.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Dragonbums said:
What is Akavir?

I know you asked somebody else but my nerdiness couldn't resist answering you myself.
Akavir is the land of the Akaviri, not the orcs. The orcs live in Orsimer. I wouldn't see much point in going there, all the Akaviri suffered "dwemer syndrome", i.e. they all mysteriously disappeared or died out. I think the only reason to want to go is an infatuation with Asian culture, which they resemble heavily with their katanas and all that.

ShinyCharizard

Oct 24, 2012
Dragonbums said:
ShinyCharizard said:
Elsewyr would be pretty darn cool. Although I'd really like to see a game set in Akavir.
What is Akavir?

It's a different continent to Tamriel. Has it's own unique races and lore etc.

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
I would hope for Blackmarsh, if only because a swamp adventure sounds more interesting than a desert one, maybe we'd finally get more aquatic enemies than slaughterfish and those fucked up crab people.

Also, the tone (Existent entirely in my own head, yes) somehow appeals to me more. Morrowind had a kind of 'Chosen Hero in a Strange Land' thing going for it, Oblivion gave me a kindof 'Holy Warrior versus Hell's Army' vibe, and Skyrim was 'Mighty Warrior challenges Great Beasts', if any of that makes any sense. While the Arabian Nights thing might have something going for it besides a lot of sandy, abandoned palaces and giant snake fights, I'm thinking a swamp might give a gloomy, perhaps even frightening feel, like the dark side of Sheogorath's island in Oblivion. (Dementia, maybe?)

In a dark swampland full of monsters, I picture a much easier version of Dark Souls or something, traps and fiends lurking all over the place, but with treasures and wonder to be uncovered, and all of the grungy fuckers not coming back to life every time you stop to rest. (Not that it doesn't work for Dark Souls, I mean) Not sure what the hell the adventure's main story would be about, but I'm sure there's some more Elder Scrolls lore we can pick up, look at, and kick around like a hackey sack, as players generally do.

Dragonbums

May 9, 2013
Headsprouter said:
I know you asked somebody else but my nerdiness couldn't resist answering you myself.
Akavir is the land of the Akaviri, not the orcs. The orcs live in Orsimer. I wouldn't see much point in going there, all the Akaviri suffered "dwemer syndrome", i.e. they all mysteriously disappeared or died out. I think the only reason to want to go is an infatuation with Asian culture, which they resemble heavily with their katanas and all that.

ShinyCharizard said:
Thanks for answering guys.

I didn't even know about this Akaviri race.
The only non spoken race I heard of are the Mountain Gorillas the Sload, and some kind of fox creatures.(and the Snow elves but I don't really know how much that counts.)

So are the Akaviri dragon people? Or are they more like reptiles like the Argonians?

Dragonbums

May 9, 2013
LaughingAtlas said:
story would be about, but I'm sure there's some more Elder Scrolls lore we can pick up, look at, and kick around like a hackey sack, as players generally do.
A lot of people on this thread are in favor of them following up with the whole race supremacy with the Aldmeri/Thalmor organization.
That or I think it would be interesting if they made the central plot of you finally getting down to the bottom of the whole Khajiit and Argonian hatred.
Have them form a mutual agreement and perhaps turn the wheels in what could be a revolution in the how the rest of the races view the Beast races.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Dragonbums said:
So are the Akaviri dragon people? Or are they more like reptiles like the Argonians?
One book I remember described them as reptilian or snakelike, I think, I can't remember, but you can see the ghost of one in Oblivion at one point and he looks and sounds like any regular imperial NPC. But I'm pretty sure they're more like men than mer(elves) or beastfolk.

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
Dragonbums said:
Headsprouter said:

ShinyCharizard said:
Thanks for answering guys.

I didn't even know about this Akaviri race.
The only non spoken race I heard of are the Mountain Gorillas the Sload, and some kind of fox creatures.(and the Snow elves but I don't really know how much that counts.)

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Akavir

Snake Vampires.

Oct 2, 2012
Headsprouter said:
Dragonbums said:
One book I remember described them as reptilian or snakelike, I think, I can't remember, but you can see the ghost of one in Oblivion at one point and he looks and sounds like any regular imperial NPC. But I'm pretty sure they're more like men than mer(elves) or beastfolk.
That one looked like an Imperial because Bethesda didn't feel like creating a unique model for the Akaviri or something.
And more to the overall point there are no reliable sources of information on what they look like. All the"sources" found in game contradict each other on the exact appearance of the Akaviri I think.

Dragonbums

May 9, 2013
Headsprouter said:
Dragonbums said:
Someone below me basically described them as snake vampires.
I wonder if they would make a good expansion pack DLC?
It's certainly very interesting.
However based on the wiki it doesn't seem like they went into that much detail with the people themselves. Outside of the bad rumors that surrounds the island they live on.
However if they put an NPC inside Oblivion then it is very possible someone on the team is working on more stuff for it.
Then again, it's really hard for any character to know about a people that see's you as lunch before anything else.

wfpdk

May 8, 2008
Dragonbums said:
Please note that I am not counting TESO because it's an MMO and is being made by Zenimax with permission and support from Bethesda.

The title is self explanatory.

However after reading the wikis and the lore surrounding the Argonians and the Khajiit I have been itching to wonder if Bethesda has ever thought about making their next Elder Scrolls installment based entirely around Elsewyr the khajiit homeland or Black Marsh the homeland of the Argonians.

Now don't get me wrong, I like all the Elder Scrolls games. Both of them had an deep rich world full of culture and traditions.

However for me, Morrowind felt the most interesting because to me because it featured the homeland of the dark elves.
Cyrodill and Skyrim have a bit of familiarity to it. Both of the races are basically human, so we have sense of real life familiarity.
However how much do we know about Khajiit or Argonians? Sure we read the books (if your into that.) and Morrowind did touch up a little bit about it in game, but as we all know books don't tell everything.

Another reason is because I am kind of curious how the whole thing with the Aldmeri/Thalmor things has turned out since Skyrim.
Especially in Elsewyr- where in the books it said the reason why the elves won the favor of the Khajiits was because they brought back their moons which suddenly disappeared for two whole years- which in my opinion is all sorts of suspicious.

What are your thoughts?
If you disagree, what other region would you like the next Elder scrolls installment to focus on?
i actually predict that the next elder scrolls will in fact be in elsewyr. given that in skyrim it is told that the last active dark brotherhood sanctuary is in elsewyr. also the thalmor are trying to unmake reality by destroying the towers of existence, so not only does humanity not happen but never CAN happen and mundus is remade in the image of the elves. with red mountain, the bronze tower, the white-gold tower, and, if im right, eventually the throat of the world fall into thalmor hands, the only tower left is the entire khajiit race. or possibly it's just M'aiq the Liar who said that it was the entire khajiit race.but that's just personal speculation. then again this is all speculation until the next game.

00slash00

Dec 29, 2009
I want it to take place in space! Seriously, I don't care about Elder Scrolls lore. I never followed it so it doesn't make any sense to me. If I'm going by which race looks cooler, Argonians. I've never been a fan of cat people.

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
Well, I'm not entirely sure I'll ever play another Elder Scrolls. I have become very tired of Bethesda's generic open-world RPG lites by now. But I can't deny how cool a setting Elsewyr would be. You have the glorious open deserts of the north, and the dense jungles in the south. There is also the option for there to be some tropical islands off the coast, which would fit well enough. Plus, Khajit culture always seemed pretty cool to me. So yeah, I think that would make a great setting.

sagitel

Feb 25, 2012
no. i dont like khajiits, i dont like argonian (stupid useless lizards) i have no intention to spend +400 hours in a swamp or a desert. i would pretty much like to visit summerset isles, and the arteum.

ComandaKool

Jun 5, 2011
ShiningAmber said:
I would love to see Elsewyr.

Huge sprawling deserts, dunes, lagoons and jungles. Visually, I think that alone would be awesome.
I have to agree with 'ShiningAmber' on this one, I grow tired of traversing plains, forests and tundra; (still love Skyrim though) and who could resist a whole nation filled with Khajiit. Or Argonians for that matter, hell both would be great just don't make me choose.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Neither Black Marsh or Elsweyr would be a good setting for the next Elder Scrolls game. The sheer cost of having to make all 17 forms of Khajiit, and all the various forms of the Argonians, would be simply too much for them to spend time on other pats of the game.

They would either have a game with almost nothing in it besides the Khajiit/Argonian NPCs, or a game that simply doesn't live up to the lore by not having them, both of which would be major disappointments.

Dragonbums said:
If I remember correctly all Elder Scroll games take place hundreds if not thousands of years after the last installment.
The first 4 ES games, Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, and Oblivion, all take place in a single 34 year timespan, with Arena beginning in the year 3E 399, and Oblivion beginning in 3E 433. Only Skyrim has a massive timegap of 200 years.

Dragonbums said:
Snake Vampires.
That is pretty fucking legit.
Now I'm very interested.
The Tsaesci aren't actually vampires. They are called vampires because they supposedly "ate the men of Akavir", however, both Oblivion and Skyrim show that humans were part of the Akaviri invasions of Tamriel, with humans being part of the Akaviri Dragonguard, meaning that the Tsaesci couldn't have actually eaten them. The Tsaesci's "eating" of man is believed to be metaphorical, as in "they consumed the humans of Akavir culturally, making the men of Akavir take their(the Tsaesci's) culture as their own".

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
Of those two choices, Elsewyr.

Personally, I want a game that revolves around the Snow Elves.