Would you like the next Elder Scrolls game to focus on Elsewyr or Black Marsh?

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Lightknight said:
Oh wow, excellent idea. Combination would be great, but I've always been partial to the Khajiit race.
Many people said both Black Marsh and Elsewyr are close together so it's very possible.
However others say that Summeset Isles is the most likely outcome seeing as how making all the Khajiit types and Argonian types they probably won't do it.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
Of the two, I'd rather go to Elsewyr.

Though I'd rather go to Highrock and get my Bret...on. I know, I should be beaten.

GabeZhul

Mar 8, 2012
You know, the most logical step for the next game would be an Akaviri invasion. The Akaviri HATE dragons (even if technically their dragons are different from Skyrim dragons), at least as stated by The Mysterious Akavir, and it is also possible the Tsaesci and the Ka Po'Tun tried to become dragons themselves with varying success. Now that the dragons have returned in Skyrim, it would be only logical that they would try to get to them, and an outside invasion would be a great way to shake up the war between the Empire and the Altmeri Dominion and give way for a chance to re-forge the empire.

Not to mention, it could actually work well with the Black Marsh location, as it is indeed on the eastern end of the continent (where the Akaviri invasion would come from) and the reportedly reptilian-like Tsaesci might want to start their incursion on a land with familiar inhabitants and possibly suitable environment. It would also explain why other races would be there in number, as part of the defense effort, and it would justify all races for character selection since, well, there would be enough members of there race there to justify their presence.

For me it sounds absolutely logical for the next game to go this way.

DRTJR

Aug 7, 2009
Black Marsh would be awesome since it would be a huge RPG in a swamp, and I like Swamps, were as Elsewyr has everything else I want in an RPG but is lacking because reasons. Valenwood would also be amazing since it would be a huge forest.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
spartandude said:
RaikuFA said:
Black Marsh just because I love Argonians. IMO they're the best race.
As a Dunmer player, you are nothing more than a slave.

OT personally i would really like Summerset Isles. seeing Altmer society would be really awesome, especially seeing things from the Thalmor point of view. yes they are dicks in skyrim but if we were seeing it from the other side, the empire would look like the bad guys
IMO this was the biggest failiure in skyrim's writing, they had an all bad all the time bad guy without showing anything else.
As an Argonian player; We kicked your ass. ;p
Such our Hist Tree!

That said, it would be a good idea to show how the civilians act in the Summerset Isles. That said, the only "good" ones would be those that don't buy into the lie of the Thalmor. It would be good to make them seem more "human"(you know what I mean).
Beffudled Sheep said:
Black Marsh all day everyday. Argonians are one of my favorite races and I've been in love with Black Marsh since I read the Argonian Account books.
I also want to maybe converse with a Hist tree, or at least see some more of them.
:D Ride the rootworms brother. The underground express!

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
If I can be honest, I do not care for the beast races. Never have, not sure why.

Something without snow. Like, no snow at all. Perhaps a nice tropical archipelago.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
GabeZhul said:
You know, the most logical step for the next game would be an Akaviri invasion. The Akaviri HATE dragons (even if technically their dragons are different from Skyrim dragons), at least as stated by The Mysterious Akavir, and it is also possible the Tsaesci and the Ka Po'Tun tried to become dragons themselves with varying success. Now that the dragons have returned in Skyrim, it would be only logical that they would try to get to them, and an outside invasion would be a great way to shake up the war between the Empire and the Altmeri Dominion and give way for a chance to re-forge the empire.

Not to mention, it could actually work well with the Black Marsh location, as it is indeed on the eastern end of the continent (where the Akaviri invasion would come from) and the reportedly reptilian-like Tsaesci might want to start their incursion on a land with familiar inhabitants and possibly suitable environment. It would also explain why other races would be there in number, as part of the defense effort, and it would justify all races for character selection since, well, there would be enough members of there race there to justify their presence.

For me it sounds absolutely logical for the next game to go this way.
A lot of people have mentioned Akaviri.
However wouldn't that also take away from the whole conflict about the Aldmeri/Thalmor conflict?
That organization is practically becoming a world power and the way they win over the various races is extremely sketchy. Especially with the Khajiit where they brought back their moon that suddenly "disappeared"
I could see the Akaviri invasion being part of the story, but not a major plot.
Mainly because there is so much curiosity about what the Thalmor is doing.

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
I love Elsweyr and Black Marsh. Personally, I'd prefer Elsweyr. I love the Khajiit, and it'd be such a radical departure from Skyrim. I don't think it'll happen, though.

I predict The Elder Scrolls VI being set in either Hammerfell or Alinor (Summerset Isles).

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
Both of them, plus the chunk of Cyrodiil which separates them would make for an excellent game world - decent-sized (slightly bigger than Skyrim), and richly varied! (Bethesda should have no trouble at all coming up with some perfectly credible in-game excuse for not making all of Cyrodiil available as well.)

If, for some reason, I had to choose one, though, I would go with Black Marsh. Even though I prefer Khajiit to Argonians, what I've read about Black Marsh (mostly The Argonian Account) makes me infinitely curious about the province. One of those books mentions a glob of sentient swamp water trying to kill the protagonist at one point!

PrimitiveJudge

Aug 14, 2012
I would like to see something focus on the dwarves. Like the whole game be underground, with the occasional random places elevators out all over the TES continent. A game that lets you see the fate of the dwarves and wtf were they fighting that made them want to build machines of war.

or Black Marsh

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
Dragonbums said:
Now don't get me wrong, I like all the Elder Scrolls games. Both of them had an deep rich world full of culture and traditions.
Did you mean to imply that there are only two?

Personally, I love my Aztec/Maya/Inca influenced stuff, so I'd like to see Black Marsh. Or Valenwood, as long as they give the woodelf cities a unique style and don't just make it generic fantasy elf treehouses.

Valenwood + Elsweyr wood be a pretty good combination, seeing as they're both quite small and right next door to each other.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Dragonbums said:
Capitano Segnaposto said:
Neither. I want Bethesda to make it hundreds of years in the future so I can fly an Airship. I want a Huge Game, with Airships.
If I remember correctly all Elder Scroll games take place hundreds if not thousands of years after the last installment.

There is a Skyrim mod called Moons to Elsewyr that did indeed involve airships. However that is more fan canon than a probable legitimate technology leap.
Actually Skyrim is the only one that took place 100 years after because the Emperor at the beginning of Oblivion is that same one from the first Elder Scrolls game, just older.

OT: Personally I'd love to see one take place in Elsewyr because I love the Khajit, but perhaps they could have it to where we could go into two provinces in the future and have them be fully explorable. Then we could also go to Valenwood! :D

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
AntiChri5 said:
Exius Xavarus said:
Of those two choices, Elsewyr.

Personally, I want a game that revolves around the Snow Elves.
A bit late for that.
...You are aware that they can make such a game anytime they want to, right? They can easily make a game during a time before the Nords showed up on Skyrim, when the Snow Elves roamed freely(at least, I think that's how it was, it's been a long, long time since I played any Elder Scrolls).

Are they going to? Probably not, but being "a bit late for that" doesn't mean they're incapable of making that game, or that I'm not allowed to want it.

Spygon

May 16, 2009
Everybody always forgets Valenwood mass jungles and moving tree cities would be so awesome.

Gecko clown

Mar 28, 2011
I'm fairly certain you couldn't do one in Blackmarsh because its uninhabitable for anyone except Argonians.

Though Argonians are the best race, no exceptions, I personally would like to see one in either Elsweyr or Hammerfell, if only because it means the game will take place somewhere other than the forest.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
Either really would be awesome, but I must admit to a slight bias toward Elsewyr. Have no idea how they'd make it work what with all the different types of Khajiit they've so far avoided to portrait but...

However, Black Marsh would be super interesting as well. I'd love to learn more about the Hist for example. If TESVI isn't one of them I'll be sad =( If it's Hammerfell instead I might be content though.

CaptainThom

Jun 24, 2013
I thought that black marsh was inhospitable to anyone but argonians? The jungles in Elsweyr would be awesome :)