Would you pay to play Elder Scrolls MMO?

chaosbedlam

Apr 15, 2009
well it really depends on just how they go about making it a MMO. if the keep it relatively the same as now just with more people and more awesome dungeon crawling the yeah it could be fun. on the other hand if it turns out like every other MMO with ability bars and cool downs, not to mention the "kills 10 of these, oh your done thanks now collect me 10 of these..." i would have to politely decline and go back to skyrim.
im not exactly sure just how a MMO elder scrolls would work but if it was all about farming xp for gear to go do dungeons for more gear, well i gave that up years ago and don't plan on returning.

Rumpsteak

Nov 7, 2011
No. MMOs bring too much baggage with them. I've said it before and I'll say it again MMOs would be better without all the people.

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
After the mess that was Skyrim, and how the game worlds seem to lose imagination with each progessing title I'm not sure if I'll even bother with the next TES game. If it's an MMO I certainly won't, they have been trying to streamline to combat (attempting to make it a bit more fluid, like might or magic or pirates, vikings and knights) which while it hasn't worked, I think is for the best. An mmo will almost definately signal the end of this. It would also (as it has for warcraft) freeze the universe. Time only seems to pass when blizzard decide they need some more beer money and throw out an expansion, I would hate to see TES reduced to that.

Claptrap

Nov 18, 2009
I don't know, Skyrim kind of disapointed me, The story in that was pretty horrible and the side quests were just fetch/kill/talk x then get 100 gold, And i imagine with an mmo it would be just that but worse, So unless they decide to go back to rpg rather then focus on action then no.

Madman123456

Feb 11, 2011
I can take a set of skills and try to break the Game and then run around with my invincible demigod character and laugh at Bandits trying to mug me. I like that.
I play through the Game "normally" and then on my second run i make a character that can do everything. I like walking around being almost as strong as a God or in some cases even stronger.
In any Form of Multiplayermode, that would have to change in Order to have Balance. Very harshly in Case you want to have PvP. Any tiny imbalance would be exploited and then you'll have a Playerbase with 80%"Paladins" or whatever wasn't hit by the nerfstick as hard as others.

That would remove one of the Reasons why i play Bethesda Games.

Multiplayermode would also prevent People from making Mods. Not just things that sort your inventory or make the ui look better. I'd miss mods in which you can get a better playerhouse for example. There would be no Mods which have you play new quests and get new loot.

Another Reason why i wont play an Elderscrolls mmo is that i wont play mmo's again.

I played one for 7 Years and once it became too much like WoW i didn't care much for it.

The whole Genre is plagued by WoW. WoW made so much money that you can't get away from it; if you like mmorpg's but WoW isn't your thing or you played it a lot and now you want something different?
Sucks to be you then.

You'd find fetchquests in an Elderscrolls mmo and you'll find designated PvP combat Areas, maybe they'll even name them "Battlegrounds".
You'll have Instances with levelcaps and you'll have grinding for loot.

And your Character will get weaker and weaker the more you level. Twink out a character for this and that lowlevel dunngeon and you'll basically generate the Loot from there. Try that with a Character on maxlevel.

The higher you get in Level, the harder it gets to get to the next level and there's less and less Stuff you can do alone that is actually worth doing.

And i hate that. The Monsters get stronger in the Elderscrolls games, but i can make a character that can defeat everything alone, it's a singleplayergame after all.

Furthermore, i was Raidleader on occasion and having 10 Teamleaders scream in my ear via teamspeak is not something i'd like to do again.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
I'd have to see how it looks, but VERY likely not. To me, ES is about role-playing, lore and personal exploration. I don't think that would translate well to an MMO without being damaged.

Thomas Hirst

Feb 6, 2012
Why must every game have a group of people who think it would make a good mmo. Learn from SWTOR. MMOs make shit worse not better.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
short answer:
no

long answer:
its kinda of a bad idea, and near as i can tell from people that like TES (i don't) its not really set up for, or meant to have more then one guy roaming the country side cave diving. its not like star wars where there's a huge chuck o history where you can fit an MMO and have it make sense. I don't think a Fall Out MMO would really be much better but i can see that working a little better, (i won't play it ether)

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
Probably not immediately. I mean, Skyrim's going to last me at least a couple more years. Hell, I still feel the urge to play Oblivion and Morrowind from time to time.

And it really depends on if it feels like an Elder Scrolls game, or if they decide to make it WoW but set in the Elder Scrolls universe: with strict classes, skill hotbars, etc.

Nelle

Mar 16, 2012
I hope they don't make this MMO thing, They Should make Fallout 4, The Elder Scrolls 6 or maybe a new IP.

And i doubt they will open Free to Play options to their MMO.

Hyper-space

Nov 25, 2008
Pancho Agdeppa said:
Rumors are spreading in the internet that Elder Scrolls will have a MMO on it's hands. We know that The Elder Scrolls series is for die hard RPG fans that wanted a full experience on the land of Tamriel. Atleast to High Rock, Morrowind, Cyrodiil and Skyrim. But one thing is for certain that their will be a MMO game of the Elder Scrolls.

Well, thats the question. Will you pay just to play the Elder Scrolls MMO? Or you will just ignore that and continue playing Skyrim or Oblivion.. etc etc.

Two Bonus Questions:

Do you think Bethesda should make a Fallout MMO instead of Elder Scrolls?

Do you think the series will be destroyed if a MMO Elder Scrolls happen?

-pancho
This is like, the third time I have heard this rumor, it always turns out to be just another installment and not an MMO.

So don't worry bout it.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
Why bother? My theory is that ALL MMOs will eventually become free to play if you wait long enough. Sofar the only ones on my list that haven't gone FTP are WoW & Ultima Online. I have 41 MMOs installed on my computer & the longest I've ever stuck with one is 2 months. I can't stay invested or committed in anything for very long.

Nelle

Mar 16, 2012
likalaruku said:
Sofar the only ones on my list that haven't gone FTP are WoW & Ultima Online.
Wait i thought Ultima Online became free to play last four years ago?

Even Everquest the Original will be going to the FTP status.

Euhan01

Mar 16, 2011
Fallout MMO could be fun, could see that working. Elder Scrolls.....not so much. I'd definatly have a look at it and try it if it had a trial period, but unless its vastly different to every other MMO then no.