Would you play a game with a gay main charater?

Mcupobob

Jun 29, 2009
after reading the artical "not that theres anything wrong with that" I was wondering would people now adays be ready to play a game with a gay main charater? or lesbain main charater as so not to discrimnate(mispelled).

After Note: To be clear the charater is gay to being with, not rpg style where you choose the sexuall ortation(misspeled)

EDIT: SORRY ABOUT THE POLL to be honest I did not belive the this thread would get this far

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
I did play Army of Two.

Anyways, it depends. Simply being gay wouldn't bother me, and if the gameplay was good I doubt I'd care, but if they made an effort to match the stereotypical flamboyant drama queen gay profile, it might irritate me too much to put up with.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
long as its not a silent char, Im so sick of thoes

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Jadak said:
I did play Army of 2.
OOOOOOO! oh ho ho that's a good one.

Yeah. I don't really see why I wouldn't. As long as the game is fun.

BlindChance

Librarian
Sep 8, 2009
I would, of course. Actually, I already have. (In Jade Empire, where you can follow a homosexual relationship, either sex.)

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Depends. Technically, I suppose it's already possible to do so to a degree (though rudimentary at best) with Fable, Mass Effect (Liara is feminine, even though her species is "mono-gendered"), and one I've recently picked up, Bully, seems to have a "smooch the boys" option.

Let me be clear, I'm hetero. That said, a game is an escape, and as long as I am enjoying myself, it's not really an issue one way or the other for me. I prefer straight, but a gay male lead wouldn't stop me from playing Castlevania or GTA, though it would probably make soliciting prostitutes and "coffee" scenes a little more awkward.

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
I think I already have a few times. Not just Bioware games that support homosexual romances but games featuring a female protagonist who (just for kink affect) happens to prefer female companionship.

And, hey, if you ever played Gandolf in a LOTR game...

Nah, I'm confusing him with Dumbledoor, hehe.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I believe this subject has been brought up once before. If the character's sexual orientation is not strictly relevant to the games story, I'd prefer either a)not even being told what it is or b) being able to choose. However if it IS relevant to the story and the story demands that the main character be gay, I suppose I could handle that provided they don't go into to much detail on that part of it.

Qujibo

Oct 7, 2009
I would play as a lesbian if I could flirt cause I'm a sucker for girl on girl, but I would never play as a gay guy, unless being gay was a PATH and not something forced. But I wouldn't choose that path lol.

And I'm also sorry to say I'm against gay marriage =/ if that fact helps at all.

Nex-Falx

Dec 24, 2009
Would I play Willem Dafoe's character in a Boondock Saints game? Yes, yes I would....
As long as it's fun.

Balaxe

Mar 24, 2009
It's just a character, if the character being gay does'nt effect the gameplay in any way i'm don't care about their sexual prefences.