Would you play a game with a gay main charater?

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Jadak said:
I did play Army of Two.
Ninja'd.

Yes I would but it depends on the character, I wouldn't play a stereotypical screaming queen and the character would need to be good to start with.

So if he's a scuff wisecracking film noir space detective with a lazer pistol designed to look like a colt .45 who fly's around a futuristic city smoking synthetics non tobacco cigaretes who just happens to date men. Sign me up, like immediately.

The Ultimate 2

Lord Of Madness
May 13, 2009
I would if there were two conditions.

1. If the gay character is relevent to the story.
2. If they're not all in our faces about it.

Ziadaine_v1legacy

Flamboyant Homosexual
Apr 11, 2009
I swear we had this discussion last month or so. Who cares, its a character. Its not like there going to have steamy gay sex with you or in the game.

Lightnr

Jan 8, 2009
I find your question to be fagatrocious.

If you don't know what that means, go look it up, dont judge me... Lacy Mcfiddles.

Mozared

Mar 26, 2009
Like others have mentioned, it depends. If the entire storylines revolves about the sexual orientation of the main character, then probably no. If the main character is an extremely cheesy gay stereotype, it'll annoy me but I might play the game if the other parts of it are good. If it were, say, Half-life and Gordon Freeman was gay (but it wasn't actually mentioned more than once or twice), then sure.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
I think the OP meant a homosexual char other then the lipstick lesbians that are in EVERY game. This leaves out Dragon Age Leiliana, Mass Effect Liara, Fear Effect 2, etc aud infinitium.

The only game with a certifiable male homosexual character who wasn't a JOKE i've played was Dragon Age, wherein ANYONE could have a relationship with that Elven Assasin whose name I forget because I never used him. The Antivan Crow, or something.

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
I would prefer if the main character was relatable to me... Just you know... that would be nice. Thats why there are no gay main characters. Because its not the majority of the audience.

Lightnr

Jan 8, 2009
TsunamiWombat said:
I think the OP meant a homosexual char other then the lipstick lesbians that are in EVERY game. This leaves out Dragon Age Leiliana, Mass Effect Liara, Fear Effect 2, etc aud infinitium.

The only game with a certifiable male homosexual character who wasn't a JOKE i've played was Dragon Age, wherein ANYONE could have a relationship with that Elven Assasin whose name I forget because I never used him. The Antivan Crow, or something.
Dragon age was gay because you couldn't have crazy lesbo sex.

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
I don't see why not. In mass effect you can make your character gay, and I've played that. I haven't made my character gay, though.

Lightnr

Jan 8, 2009
grimsprice said:
I would prefer if the main character was relatable to me... Just you know... that would be nice. Thats why there are no gay main characters. Because its not the majority of the audience.
QFT

And for that minority... there's any Wii game that uses those Wii characters... they seem pretty gay..

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
Lightnr said:
grimsprice said:
QFT

And for that minority... there's any Wii game that uses those Wii characters... they seem pretty gay..
+ 1 zing.

Thats why you only find gay characters in situations where the player can Choose who their character is. But you'll notice the default is usually strait.