Would you relive your childhood?

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
A stranger appears with a machine. It will send your consciousness back in time to inhabit your body when you were only 6 years old. Would you live your childhood over again, do things differently?

I would say no. I enjoyed my childhood but I don't need to do it over again. Besides, I still do childish things for fun anyway.

Your thoughts?

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Yes, I'd do it. Since I'll have my current memories, I'll be able to become a better person! Alternatively, I can be more lazy, since I'll know lots of stuff. A win-win situation.

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
Hell no my childhood was the worst part of my entire life.
I don't want to relive the memories I've repressed.
Pro tip, don't have a meth lab in the house you will get arrested and as a 3 year old my house getting raided was unimaginably scary, basically I was miserable at least 50% of the time until I was 13.

Pebblig

Jan 27, 2011
No, I'm nearly 18 now and tbh the first 10 years of my life are simply a blur, so basically any old shit may have happened I just don't remember. There were a few shitty years (12,13,14), but I doubt I'd relive them as they'd be pretty much the same.

MarkDavis94

Jan 12, 2011
Yes, I'd probably pick up an instrument at a much younger age and probably put more effort into school work because I can see the benefits of it now. Although I would probably be extremely lazy throughout primary school and the majority of secondary school if I had my current consciousness

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
I honestly don't think so. My childhood was pretty great and if I was able to just go back to parts of it for like an hour, maybe a day or a week at most, without it effecting my present day, I would definitely do that, multiple times in fact. However having to start over and relive it all, even knowing what I do now would be pretty tough, if I forgot all my knowledge I wouldn't want to for fear I'd turn out badly and if I had my knowledge you run the risk of going insane or doing something that ends up changing your life exponentially. I feel like at a different time in my life (past or future) I'd probably answer this question differently but right now I have a lot of unfinished business and I just need to stay focused on the goal.

Craorach

Jan 17, 2011
Hell no.

My childhood didn't suck, but it wasn't great. I wouldn't change a single decision however, because then I'd not be the person I am in the place I am.

Most importantly.. childhood isn't a magical place that should be wonderful. It's sole purpose is not to be happy, but a larval stage through which we grow to become useful, adult, members of society. Why would I want to relive being useless?

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Yes, I'd relive it, primarily because it would mean effectively having an extra 13 years of my life added back on and also because my formative years weren't that bad. In-fact, most of the problems which were there were caused by my then comparative lack of social skills, which would no longer be an issue since I could use my adult social knowledge, and my intellectual knowledge would make me one of the most well-learned six year olds on the planet. Bring it on!

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm gonna have to pass on that, especially at 6 since I moved to another state and that wasn't a pleasant experience.

I'm not a fan of my childhood and I certainly don't want to see those people ever again.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
To live through and enjoy it again, or to unfuck it up?

The second doesn't really work, you've already lived through it. Unless you mean, instead of avoiding experiences, you avoid consequences.

What was the world like when I was young? Computers were monochrome, for a start, we had floppy disk drives...yeah, technology wasn't great.

Then there's the problem of being 6...you are going to be a fucking weird six year old kid. You've got a massive headstart, you know all sorts of things that you shouldn't at that age, makes you look like a genius, until you get older and the advantage fades away.

Also, you're stuck being a kid. Now, most people here are adults, right, they like adult things, right? How much can you play with playdo? And, yeah, it'll be fucking weird knowing about sex at that age.

requisitename

Dec 29, 2011
Even if I could do things differently, it wouldn't mean that anyone around me would would be intrinsically different.. so, the sum of all my experience and trying to change things would probably be an even more nightmarish childhood than I had the first time.

No thanks, I'm good.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
It's tempting... I wish I could have made the most of it, and not f**ked up quite so badly. It would be very painful knowing all the things that went wrong, and potentially having to relive them. Would this create a time paradox? Would my memories become undone if I altered the course of my life? It would be nice to undo and forget past negative experiences after they have been averted, as long as there is no domino effect.

There are several points in my life where I wish I could have intervened and said NO to certain negative influences - at a certain point, my mother died; not long after, my father married a COMPLETE ***** who made our lives Hell for quite a while. I would rather start my life again just after my mother's death. But then, what if due to the butterfly effect, the path I take is even worse than the original? I would be even more personally responsible.

I would also like to go back and be a more open-minded and friendly child. I was a jerkass at times, and I am not proud of that.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Nope. To paraphrase Max Payne, if I'd done anything differently, it wouldn't be me sitting here today, it'd be someone else. I enjoy existing, and while I'm sure that gentleman would enjoy existence... fuck him, I was here first.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Hmm, I'd flip a coin to be honest. If going back in time it was, I'd probably end up in more fights though. And all of that was easy the first time I went through it, second time would be easy as hell.

I'd have to go through HS again though... That'd be a pain in the ass. *shrug* Like I said, coin flip it.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
With the same mental capacity I have now? Absolutely.

Being as smart as a College Freshman when I'm two years old would get me mad bank.

Oh and... reliving childhood and all that bullshit. Sure, why not.