Would You Restart Your Life?

titaniumChampion

Nov 27, 2009
I would not want to completely reset my life. I would rather have a cheat code to enable me to go to the levels in life that I want to max my score on. If I had to clear everything at once, then no. If I had the opportunity to modify what I wanted with what has already transpired, then sign me up. I don't want to go through my childhood of not being able to escape, its far better to not change anything than go through that again.

I think life is identical to karma games, (Mass Effect, Infamous, etc.), you need to playthrough multiple times to get it perfect.

blackflare

Jul 25, 2010
Up until recently i would probably consider it. My life wasnt all sunshine and lollypops. But now i wouldnt unless i kept all my memorys but only remember them at a certain age where i would be able to comprehend them.

So i wouldnt have to learn them again and i could leave notes for myself and others leading them on where to find me and i would leave messages for my so called protoge or Me 2.0 to cheer him up during sad points of his life up until the point i reset myself which might disturb my little mind but it would be for the greater good.

But now that i found meaning to my life i would just passs it onto to the future generation.

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
Well, hindsights 20/20 so i would probably go for it.

Of course, there are certain things i would rather not repeat, like working two shifts as a dishwasher in a busy restaurant last summer, but i guess if i'm clever enough i can work my way around them.

Still, it would be great to re-experience and also get the most out of my last relationship. With hindsight, i'll know what to do and what not to do, how i could have advanced things quicker etc, before i would have to inevitably dump her.

I'd also change what i've done at university, because university is one of those places were the first couple of weeks tend to virtually determine your social life for the next three years. I would not miss a certain society meeting for one, and try to get into a relationship with that girl from the other flat whom showed an interest in me but i didn't in her because i thought we were too different. If only i had known that fuck all would happen to me and relationships in the 2nd year...

Really i suppose, i would rather re-set my life to re-start from January 2007. Prior to that, i don't really have any regrets or anything i would want to change.

Hugga_Bear

May 13, 2010
Erm, hell yeah. You do realise the potential that would have? With my current intelligence I'd be able to revisit my formative years. I immediately get my lifetime of knowledge in addition. That's huge, I'd be able to do incredible things with that kind of ability.

Even if I were unable to change major events to stop bad things happening I could do all sorts of useful things for this world. So yeah, I'd do so in a heartbeat.

theironbat46

Aug 19, 2009
No, the best part of life is the surprise of things. It sounds sapy but if it weren't for the unexpected, my life would probably suck.

robert01

Jul 22, 2011
I think in all honesty EVERYONE would unless they have it made already. Knowledge is power, and having the knowledge to see how situation will play out because you have been through it all before will benefit your greatly. You wouldn't(maybe) make the same mistakes that you made the first time.

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
Yeah, definitely. The ability to erase every mistake I've ever made while keeping the experience, while using my maturity to overcome situations that would make life hell for a regular person? How could anyone say no to that?

Biosophilogical

Jul 8, 2009
Damien Black said:
I'm not sure. I still don't know what makes a life well lived, I'd just mess it up again and have no one to blame but myself.
Bingo, now, if you had 'get out of jail free card', so to speak, so you can restart your life just once, would you use it?

I'd probably wait another 15 years or so until I can go "I know exactly what I want and how to get it" or see if this life works out as well as I hope because I wouldn't restart my life if I end up in a happy long-term relationship with a stable job and a good circle of friends. That'd just be a waste.

Also, being super-baby would be weird.

Whispering Cynic

Nov 11, 2009
In a heartbeat. It'd be a "dark side playthrough", so to speak. With my current level of knowledge and memories it would be... entertaining. And much more enjoyable I dare say.

Vangaurd227

Jun 3, 2011
I definitely would..i really miss my old life and the one i'm living now is tough,I would love to start over again :D

ryanxm

Jan 19, 2009
hmmmmm...Keep my intelligence you say?

Absolutely, absolutely.

Let me go figure out what all the past lottery numbers have been for the past 14 years...

Mar 9, 2010
No, I'm 17 and I'd have to go through the horrific years of childhood. All childish bullying, restrictions and generally dull years were not fun, to add in my current wisdom would simply mean that I want to break from that life but can't. Why? Because I'm a child. I'm not even out of the woods just yet, I fear I won't be for some good few years yet, but the trees are thinning and I'd rather not go darting back into the thick of it to be smug about my intelligence.

Ask me on my deathbed. Chances are I'll still say no, though.

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
sure why not itd be nice to have a do over just so long as I dont have to start at the baby stage I want to be able to use the toilet and bath by myself when I restart.

Maxtro

Feb 13, 2011
I've often thought of this.

I would definitely do it given a chance.

If I could just start over at High School that would be fine for me. I just needed to be a bit more outgoing and not go after the wrong girls like I did the first time.

I'd end up having much more fun in High School and would probably end up being much more happy now at my present age of 30.

Gyrohelix

Aug 3, 2011
Only if i could keep all my stuff and knew everything i know now when i restart, otherwise, FUCK NO!